Dwc Corrections

• Thread starter pdasterly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

heisen

Depending in his diffusion 500 watts of air not enough for 700 gallons.
I think his water flow is to high for bennies to accumalate.hydroguard and other teas will only work in lower flow recirculating systems.i think that's why undercurrent doesnt reccomend it.
He may need to go to pool shock or UC roots and reset the system.700 gallons is just way to much water imo.
No way in hell I would want to manage that much water for 2400 watts of light.
I'm running 4000 watts and only using 100 gallons total pulling 5 lbs in 47 gallons.
I would look at other slower flow systems using much less water.

pdasterly

pdasterly

how about put water pump on timer, say 30mins on and 6 hours off
I think his water flow is to high for bennies to accumalate.hydroguard and other teas will only work in lower flow recirculating systems.i think that's why undercurrent doesnt reccomend it.
He may need to go to pool shock or UC roots and reset the system.700 gallons is just way to much water imo.
I'm running 4000 watts and only using 100 gallons total pulling 5 lbs in 47 gallons.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Now I'm curious what size piping is being used and if the roots are being beat to hell from it. That pump is almost 6000 gph

pdasterly

pdasterly

ecoplus 1hp, chiller is 12-15ft above the pump so gph is greatly reduced to approx 2500gph
using 2" pvc, return line is 3/4"

Last edited:
pdasterly

pdasterly

i believe the extra air worked(ecoplus pro 100 with 2 aqua lungs on each, 1 aqua lung in each tote), its been 7 days, plants are growing, still have brown roots(water temp 68, hydroguard and Z7) also used recharge

i lowered water line as well, having leaf issues still(light green leaves on whole plant), bumped ppm to 500(maxigrow) so now i wait and see, ill come back in 7 days with update

S

Shawnery

I'll just say this. That's how my roots looked and they were done. There doesn't seem to be many if any root hairs there.

I've been going through a lot of problems as well and my margins didn't start getting greener until I figured out the root issue. I ended up flushing the entire system and cleaning it with h202. It took about a week for new roots to start coming in. Once they were there for a week I really noticed a difference.

If he's got some kind of break out in his system doesn't he need to flush, clean and treat with inoculants?

H

heisen

Dont really understand the drawing.where is it pulling from.it looks like in the picture it's making a short loop next to the water chiller.

pdasterly

pdasterly

chiller is actually upstairs in room above, the water goes from back(top in pic) thru pump to the chiller back to the rez

picked up some seachem prime

Dont really understand the drawing.where is it pulling from.it looks like in the picture it's making a short loop next to the water chiller.

Last edited:
pdasterly

pdasterly

i want to tear down system and rebuild, what buckets should i use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom