Dying Leaves, Red Stems, Curling Tips And Yellowing During Early Flowering

• Thread starter Mik D
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

In coco, I'd highly recommend it. The sulfur smell could be root rot and the wrong kind of bacteria breeding. I haven't had any problem with this, but I use hydroguard.
This would be my guess. Also check for aphids. If possible, move aside a bit of the coco till you see the roots. If they're brown, and mushy = root rot. Do you see any fungus gnats? If so, you may have flyers. Easy way to tell if you have aphids....if the wings are longer than the body, and if you can see 2 pipes coming out the back, they are aphids. Also, look at the roots with a scope for tiny bugs. You could also put a slice of a potatoe on top, as aphids will be attracted to them. I'm not there, so I can't be 100% certain.
Oh, if your PH is going in at say 6, and dropping, that's also a good sign of rot. Anyway, if this isn't your case, maybe it will help someone else.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

It appears to be straight nute overload to me. Leaves appear to be standing up witch suggest the roots are getting plenty of oxygen so I don't think it's root rot.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

It appears to be straight nute overload to me. Leaves appear to be standing up witch suggest the roots are getting plenty of oxygen so I don't think it's root rot.
Almost anything is possible. However he said the plant was in good health until he moved it, and put it in flower. He also said his runoff was 5.5, so could be possible. If I had to guess, I'd say it's aphids. Idk if you ever been through an aphid infestation, but you will get all sorts of mysterious deficiencies. But, I'd take your approach first, and flush it out, and stay light on the feedings. Unless I'm using Lucas, I never go above 1.5 EC.
We're not there...could be about anything. Moving to a different location is something to take in consideration as well. Were aphids present before? They are a bitch to get rid of, and live a long time with no host.
If there's a purplish ring towards the stalk, and ph is dropping fast, something is not right with root zone.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Oh he said purplish ring towards the base of the main stalk, OK yeah that's bad news and most likely rot root. Some sort of pythium.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

My bad...I just said to look for it.
I'm glad you're one of the first people I've correspond with on here.
You know your stuff.
The only time I've ever seen things go to shit that fast, was pythium (especially the way the leaves look)
I'm assuming you've done this a while too huh?
I decided to take some time off, but couldn't totally stay away...Although I just joined a day or so ago,this is a cool place to shoot the shit, help, learn etc...

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

I've been growing for about 10 years but it's really not my area to talk on because I've never had neither, root rot, bugs of any kind. I've never seen root rot personal or mites other than on outdoor plants but outside they don't last long as they come and go as they get chewed up by predators. Now if it's a root fungus or bugs I don't have much knowledge on that sort of problem but to my naked eye as a former fox farm user myself it appears by the pictures that it looks like a pretty severe nutrient burn and ff nutes are notorious for frying plants and throwing off ph of not used really carefully.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I've been growing for about 10 years but it's really not my area to talk on because I've never had neither, root rot, bugs of any kind. I've never seen root rot personal or mites other than on outdoor plants but outside they don't last long as they come and go as they get chewed up by predators. Now if it's a root fungus or bugs I don't have much knowledge on that sort of problem but to my naked eye as a former fox farm user myself it appears by the pictures that it looks like a pretty severe nutrient burn and ff nutes are notorious for frying plants and throwing off ph of not used really carefully.
Knock on wood!
Besides running my own relatively large space, and having growers next door...well I ran into issues here and there. It became to where I was able to recognize anything that would pop up. After more than a few speed bumps, I learned prevention is the best cure.
On the side, I'd help people who were in bad shape.
I truly love everything about growing, EXCEPT trimming!!!!
I only used, and bred (well training correct is as important) easy to trim strains. Training to where there's no popcorn is how to do it quickest.
I always treated any clone I got as if it were infected. From rez temp, to airflow, and most importantly cleanliness is the only way to have continued success

Top Bottom