Wickerman

4078BADE 5DB6 4B31 BF81 8AA545EF4D51
42B170F5 9E00 49C4 952D E34396573DBA
B32907A3 DDA0 4E8B 8A20 68EADEE4C736
AEEF8160 8557 4202 AC72 3D38D1C7D177
5A04A8AC D105 4CA5 B3EB 9AAF5E672CD5
8229F11C 2E17 4C8E 94C7 EBD7C88870D1
90C18A16 7A38 48CB AE24 037D64E2B163
Happy Holidays everyone.....this is an update...I have used molasses water mixture last three watering. One of the two plants maturing fast has continued to mature quicker than the other at 34 days of flowering with the other not far behind. I was told the early maturity was because of nitrogen toxicity. I have another two plants in same tent 13 days in flower. I don’t want this early maturing happen to the newer ones so I’m trying to neutralize the nitrogen with molasses watering only. Please give me input about the photos I’m posting including an opinion on the trichomes level of maturity, please. I’ve got to resolve this problem. Many thx....

W

Wickerman

Also, should I flush newer flowering plants for the nitrogen toxicity? I don’t want to deal with early maturity again....help

Seraphine

Seraphine

They are looking much better. I can’t see the trichomes on the calyxes to determine if they are maturing early. Can you get a better picture of the calyxes? You can’t determine harvest by the trichomes on the sugar leaves because those alway mature faster. I see a lot of white pistils in the picture of the whole plant. For what it’s worth, they appear to be on track. Maybe someone else will offer a second opinion...

W

Wickerman

I just want to save next two flowering plants....should I flush them or just the molasses water?

Seraphine

Seraphine

Personally, I wouldn’t flush, they appear to be taking care of the excess nitrogen. I am not a fan of flushing unless absolutely necessary because flushing does stress the roots. If you want to flush them just do it with pHd water. Are you giving them at least a bloom fertilizer?

W

Wickerman

I haven’t given them anything but molasses water and plain ph balanced water. Should I use some bloom nutrients? I noticed the molasses is high in potassium. I appreciate the help.

Seraphine

Seraphine

You use fox farm trio, right? Feed once per week with tiger bloom and big bloom at recommended strength. Watch for any issues and adjust as needed. Most people use molasses the last two weeks of flower. But it’s really up to you on how you want to use molasses. When I would add molasses, I would add it to plain pHd water between my weekly feeds.

W

Wickerman

I am using molasses every other watering. I use some nutrients you suggest for bloom.....thx again and I’ll keep you posted. I’ll also post better trichomes photos....Happy New Year

W

Wickerman

Here are three more trichomes shots. I am new to this so want to make sure it’s the caylxes. Please advise and what you see please. This is embarrassing but, concerning the issue on early maturing, I have just located a few immature seeds in a couple of buds curing. I have no idea how that happened because I’ve seen no signs. Shouldn’t I clean my tents immediately and do you recommend bleach water about 10/1 ratio? Could that pollen have been there since first plant and pollinated all the others once in the flowering tent? Geezzzzzz.....regardless of the solution, I need to act quick......

W

Wickerman

Now I can’t load photos but I’ll figure it out....sorry

Seraphine

Seraphine

It’s possible the pollen could have stayed viable in the tent but some strains are just genetically prone to herm if the least bit stressed. If you want, you could wipe the tent down just in case. You can either use a bleach/water solution or hydrogen peroxide/water solution.

It’s always hard for me to view the calyxes too, the light on my scope is going out so it makes checking trichomes difficult.

Here’s a reference pic of calyxes. That’s would you want to get a picture of.

44391958 A74E 46A0 A6B0 97E7F4C508FC
W

Wickerman

I’m really confused now....how has this happened to 8 groups of flowers? I’ve been growing Malawi Gold and Zamaldelica which are both 100% sativa. I’ve noticed that I’m getting better yield from the Zamaldelica than Malawi but I just want them to flower 10-12 weeks as stated. Last April I went to CO and got some Maui among others. I broke open a bud one night and found 5 Maui seeds. I had to see if they would germinate and here I am trying to grow the best sativas in the world.....lol. These strains are great at 4 weeks and I can only imagine after 8-12 weeks. What do you suggest. You’ve been great responding and it’s very much appreciated.....

Seraphine

Seraphine

They don’t look anywhere near ready so that’s a good sign. Not too much more you can do this grow except keep taking it easy on the nitrogen. Give them bloom nutrients once per week at the appropriate pH (6.5 is usually good for soil). Honestly just ride this out for now, keep doing what you’re doing because your plants look healthy. Next grow, you know to reduce the nitrogen once they’re in flower. I think that will solve your problem.

W

Wickerman

I friggin hope so.....lol Don’t you think I should clean my tents and spray bleach water? Is that a good practice? I don’t worry about insects. You have been great......since I started this project, I realize what could be and I want to experience it....lol

Seraphine

Seraphine

I use a bleach water solution to wipe my tent down between grows.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Some people are very against bleach, I am not. Not sure how far you take organic so you may not want to use bleach but if you don’t have a problem with bleach, use it.

W

Wickerman

Forgot to write before posting photos. Someone on here has helped me a lot with my early maturity problem. I harvested one plant already and this one is 46 days of flowering and I don’t want to go too far. What do these trichomes look like for the time? Many thx....

Top Bottom