Early Red Hairs On Small Buds

• Thread starter Landslide
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Landslide

Landslide

Growing hydro been going good until now I see red hairs on small lower buds not all plants have them it just seems to be the tips of the white hairs turn red,but on the same plant the top buds are all white and normal they are 3 weeks into flower
pH is at 6.0 temp gets 75-85 I do have 2 fans blowing on them 24 hours I have air stones in the Rez going 24 hours any one have an idea why the buds are shooting red hairs so early and why only some flowers and not the tops

Early red hairs on small buds
Early red hairs on small buds 2
Early red hairs on small buds 3
DGP

DGP

I have been watching this thread because I have seen this in my own grow. I sometimes see one plant stop making white hairs and finish before the buds fill out as well as finishing way before the rest of the plants even though they are the same strain. In my case slightly different phenos but why the big difference? Hope to see some feedback on this question.....

Dee

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

What light are you using? My cmh will do this, why.....hot spots in that particular area.

And uva/uvb from said light can also cause this.

Last edited:
MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Seen this happen many times from touching or rubbing the bud. Not saying this the reason, just something that does happen from time to time.

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

I had this happen to a couple plants as well. Run hydro, have air stones, and fans. The only thing that happened, week 2(flower) hit a couble tabs on feeding timer accidentally. One of the feedings lasted 2.5 hours, for atleast 2 weeks. Only two plants, same strain went red early(between week 3 and 4). The other 4, 2 grew okay, 2 looked great no issues.

Cant tell you it was 100% caused by being over watered for 2 weeks, but that's the only thing I could think of. Next run same strains, no feeding schedule issue and buds were bigger/denser/frostier, and no early red hairs.

Best of luck figuring it out :)

Landslide

Landslide

What light are you using? My cmh will do this, why.....hot spots in that particular area.

I am using two xxxl

Using two 1k watt hps xxxl hoods I may have had the lights a little close but the tops are fine it's the few lower buds sites that give the red hairs..yes the plants were close together but the buds that gave the red hairs we're not touching any other bud..they are still swelling up but they look way more mature then the tops

Landslide

Landslide

Here are recent picture of the lower Wich has short red hairs looks more mature. Then there is the top bud that had long white hairs today is 4th week flower

Landslide

Landslide

I've seen my plants do it if I feed them to heavy seems to burn the pistils..
I am feeding plants according to bottle but some fan leaves are showing sighns of the claw Wich I read could be to much nutes

Landslide

Landslide

Off topic but my buds are oily to touch not sticky like other strains iv grown I know it's genetic because I've grown this out door last year...are oily strains common?

Landslide

Landslide

I had this happen to a couple plants as well. Run hydro, have air stones, and fans. The only thing that happened, week 2(flower) hit a couble tabs on feeding timer accidentally. One of the feedings lasted 2.5 hours, for atleast 2 weeks. Only two plants, same strain went red early(between week 3 and 4). The other 4, 2 grew okay, 2 looked great no issues.

Cant tell you it was 100% caused by being over watered for 2 weeks, but that's the only thing I could think of. Next run same strains, no feeding schedule issue and buds were bigger/denser/frostier, and no early red hairs.

Best of luck figuring it out :)
iv had it flood and drain every 4 hours for the first few weeks of flower...ran into high humidity at nite so cut the feeding at nights and only feed every 3 hours when lights are on...now I got a dehumidifier on at night so feeding is back to normal every 4 hours day and night...the flood and drain process takes 15 minutes tops to complete

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Off topic but my buds are oily to touch not sticky like other strains iv grown I know it's genetic because I've grown this out door last year...are oily strains common?
If you have a high terp content is usually when you would see "greasy" strains.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Your ph is a bit low but I think allot of people see this, I get it to, it tends to happen when I burn my leaf tips during flower, could be to much bloom base and agent, thats my guess anyway. SNOLEPERD

Top Bottom