Earth Juice Lockout

• Thread starter Vonkins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vonkins

Vonkins

I keep noticing my leaves are turning purple and look like they have little powder spots on them. This isn't mildew. It can' be wiped off. I mix my nutes and aerate for 24/48hrs. The ph is at 4 when I mix nutes. If I ph to 6 it will be back down the next day. I think this is just an earth juice thing. I veg at 10-5-10. Veg, micro and catalyst. I use 5 gallon containers because I my plants are older revegged plants. I've done this method for 10 yrs with no problems. That's how I get my keepers. With all that said, I will give each plant 1 gal of nutrients. I didn't have this problem when I first started using EJ. I noticed it once the plants where older and had been getting nutes for a while. By this time they where in late flower and I thought I had yellowing leaves because my nutes were not strong enough. Wrong. Another thing I noticed was I took a clone from one of my revegged girls. It rooted and I put it in new dirt. Right out of the bag. Just plain black dirt with no added nutes. This clone took off and blew up to a beautiful plant. I started noticing it was slowing down growing and the older fan leaves were turning slightly purple and kinda looking wrinkled. Not the smooth look of a healthy fan leaf. I had been using a cheap ph pen from amazon with no problems but I thought this could be my culprit. So I purchased a new electrode for my hanna combo meter 98129 I believe. Cost me like 175$ 7 yrs ago. I'm still having this problem. I'm thinking my ph is dropping in my buckets. That's why I'm getting the lockout. Here's 2 solutions I came up with. Only give my plants half the liquid amount of nutes, so the plant will drink it all up before the ph can drop or start ph ing to 7 before I add nutes, that way it drops to perfection over time. Please help guys. It's got to be an EJ thing and not a Vonkins one. I hope.

Nugg

Nugg

Did you really mean pH of 4?? Ouch..I kinda get same thing about same time..I started adding potassium bicarbonate..it's also a great pH up..my pH drift...5.8-6.5.

Vonkins

Vonkins

The ph is 4 naturally then I up to 5.8. It drops back to high 4s the next day during aeration

Nugg

Nugg

distilled water? My ro is 5.9, out the sink it 7.1... anyway I have found the potassium bicarbonate to hold stability better than the pH up from store and cheaper..if my nutes are low the pH will constantly fall..buffer thing..that's about all I got.

Vonkins

Vonkins

distilled water? My ro is 5.9, out the sink it 7.1... anyway I have found the potassium bicarbonate to hold stability better than the pH up from store and cheaper..if my nutes are low the pH will constantly fall..buffer thing..that's about all I got.
Tap water. Comes out 6.8

G gnome

G gnome

I keep noticing my leaves are turning purple and look like they have little powder spots on them. This isn't mildew. It can' be wiped off. I mix my nutes and aerate for 24/48hrs. The ph is at 4 when I mix nutes. If I ph to 6 it will be back down the next day. I think this is just an earth juice thing. I veg at 10-5-10. Veg, micro and catalyst. I use 5 gallon containers because I my plants are older revegged plants. I've done this method for 10 yrs with no problems. That's how I get my keepers. With all that said, I will give each plant 1 gal of nutrients. I didn't have this problem when I first started using EJ. I noticed it once the plants where older and had been getting nutes for a while. By this time they where in late flower and I thought I had yellowing leaves because my nutes were not strong enough. Wrong. Another thing I noticed was I took a clone from one of my revegged girls. It rooted and I put it in new dirt. Right out of the bag. Just plain black dirt with no added nutes. This clone took off and blew up to a beautiful plant. I started noticing it was slowing down growing and the older fan leaves were turning slightly purple and kinda looking wrinkled. Not the smooth look of a healthy fan leaf. I had been using a cheap ph pen from amazon with no problems but I thought this could be my culprit. So I purchased a new electrode for my hanna combo meter 98129 I believe. Cost me like 175$ 7 yrs ago. I'm still having this problem. I'm thinking my ph is dropping in my buckets. That's why I'm getting the lockout. Here's 2 solutions I came up with. Only give my plants half the liquid amount of nutes, so the plant will drink it all up before the ph can drop or start ph ing to 7 before I add nutes, that way it drops to perfection over time. Please help guys. It's got to be an EJ thing and not a Vonkins one. I hope.
So ya know, because u can wipe it off doesnt mean its not powdery mildew.

Vonkins

Vonkins

I've been using 100% sodium hydroxide for ph up. Obviously it's not that stable. It worked fine when I used J R Peters aka jacks classic. This EJ is a total different beast ph wise. Gonna google most stable ph up and go from there. Any suggestions?

Vonkins

Vonkins

I actually mix my on ph up. I get the potassium hydroxide beads and mix them with a gallon of water. Potassium hydroxide is supposed to be a very stable and strong ph up. Mine has been mixed up for 6 months easily maybe more. U think its lost its strength and stability over time?

Nugg

Nugg

Potassium hydroxide is what gh pH up,is derived from.baking soda( sodium bicarbonate) works,but that's more sodium...so I go to micro brew store and get potassium bicarbonate...my pH falls for the first 3 wks flower,so it's great for me as it adds a boost of potassium...do the research choose what works best for you and your growing

Vonkins

Vonkins

See the tiny little spots all over. I don't think it's mites. I don't see webbing when I mist with water. U can see the spider mites crawling around if I had them. Trust me I've delt with them before. Little light brown looking bastards. I'm still thinking ph issues. It doesn't' really affect the new growth. It attacking the older large fan leaves.

Vonkins

Vonkins

These are 2 pics of the same plant. Some of its jacked up while the other side looks ok.

1524369103524 1394651976
Vonkins

Vonkins

Now what I've got to figure out is at what ph does phosphorus become deficient. My buckets don't have drain holes, so I can't test run off. How can I figure out what my soil ph is. I'm about 100% positive it's low.

Nugg

Nugg

Now what I've got to figure out is at what ph does phosphorus become deficient. My buckets don't have drain holes, so I can't test run off. How can I figure out what my soil ph is. I'm about 100% positive it's low.

Download
Top Bottom