Easy method for: re-vegging regenerating

• Thread starter canadaseed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

motz

Okay that's good to know because right now they're still growing flowers... I should've transplanted these earlier. from your experience do you find it takes a while before it stops producing flowers?
Never kept'em around long enough to find out.Even at 5 weeks reveg still were a poppin flowers,right into full flower.

canadaseed

canadaseed

great post IMO. i was actually kicking myself in the ass for letting clone die of a pheno of one of mine. at first thought oh well but then i saw how she exploded in flower and is so dusted with trichs that i got to try this. thanks for taking time to share this info. +vibes
thks man! hope your re-veg goes well seems like a lot have success with it so should be good!

canadaseed

canadaseed

i find revegging it the part of growing that takes the most patience.
totally agree with this!!... it's a slow process but i suppose if i gave them some growth enhancers that could speed things up. altho being that my veg light is 24 hours and i move my seedlings that need nighttime into a dark space. that's how im working it atm so to keep the reveg going and also have seedling. I'm gonna keep them around as you said it takes patients but the result is you get to have that same plant again!

canadaseed

canadaseed

That regrowth with single leaves is common for plants or clones that have had a long process of growing from the start.. nice thing is it will grow out of it ...
thks for the info, im guessing there are ways to speed it up. I wonder if i pick off all the calyxs how that would affect the plant. i noticed this morning that some of the new leaf growth is just leafs and not flower this is kind of exciting!! here's a pic first still flowering then the new leaf growth.
Mataro still flower

Mataro leaf

SunGrown

SunGrown

totally agree with this!!... it's a slow process but i suppose if i gave them some growth enhancers that could speed things up. altho being that my veg light is 24 hours and i move my seedlings that need nighttime into a dark space. that's how im working it atm so to keep the reveg going and also have seedling. I'm gonna keep them around as you said it takes patients but the result is you get to have that same plant again!
U can keep your seedlings in there. 24 hour light will not hurt them.

canadaseed

canadaseed

U can keep your seedlings in there. 24 hour light will not hurt them.
ohh is that right?? i was under the impression that giving them some rest is better than not.. but how far into veg can i keep them 24 hours?

SunGrown

SunGrown

18 to 24 hours, as long as you want to veg for. I have a bunch of reveg plants and clones under 18 in the same space right now doing well

canadaseed

canadaseed

okay that's cool man, i'm gonna do that for my seedlings.. straight 24 until i flip. maybe i'll give 3-5 days of 18 then go 11/13. I can't wait to have my next room in flower... started a new seed yesterday and starting a Lavender tonight. Gonna have some nice variations come october november...

SunGrown

SunGrown

@canadaseed
I just posted up some pics of some of my reveg in my thread.

If you don't mind I would love to share some pics in your thread here

2hotmomma88

2hotmomma88

I have a question... can i use this process and then use the revegged plant as a mother?

canadaseed

canadaseed

@canadaseed
I just posted up some pics of some of my reveg in my thread.

If you don't mind I would love to share some pics in your thread here
ya of course go ahead man, post them up would love to see them!! im going to check out your thread btw :). i'm gonna update with some pics soon, looks like mataro and kush have both stopped producing flowers

waayne

waayne

Just run 24 hour light on them, may take a couple months but I have had reveg as fast as 3 weeks. I have never had a plant that wouldn't reveg
@SunGrown
I used to reveg everything before I started taking duplicate clones before flowering
In over a decade of revegging plants I only ran across one Afghani strain that I couldn't reveg...
It was under constant metal halide light for over 6 months and the best I could get was one bladed leaves
This was the only strain I could not get to reveg,and it was a pure land race Afghani.....
I prefer constant lighting when revegging,though 18 hours will work fine

I have used the revegged plant as a mom ,and had no issues.....

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

thks for the info, im guessing there are ways to speed it up. I wonder if i pick off all the calyxs how that would affect the plant. i noticed this morning that some of the new leaf growth is just leafs and not flower this is kind of exciting!! here's a pic first still flowering then the new leaf growth.
An old timer taught me to pick off calyces/sepals, claiming the reduction in hormones from flowering parts helps return the plant to veg mode. I haven't tested this against leaving them intact, but seems like shifting auxin/cytokinin dominance could help speed the process? Regular kelp foliars and avoid rooting hormones?

SunGrown

SunGrown

@SunGrown
I used to reveg everything before I started taking duplicate clones before flowering
In over a decade of revegging plants I only ran across one Afghani strain that I couldn't reveg...
It was under constant metal halide light for over 6 months and the best I could get was one bladed leaves
This was the only strain I could not get to reveg,and it was a pure land race Afghani.....
I prefer constant lighting when revegging,though 18 hours will work fine

I have used the revegged plant as a mom ,and had no issues.....
Wow, 6 months! That was dedication! Those finicky ones I like to throw away now, even though it is hard for me to kill any plant!

I run 18 most of the time, if I am using anything besides t5's. t5's I will run 24 though

SunGrown

SunGrown

@canadaseed , a few pics, sorry I didn't use your method yet, but I want to help inspire folks to save their seed phenotypes so they have the awesome meds they need and like.

reveg5.jpg

reveg4.jpg

reveg3.jpg

reveg2.jpg

reveg1.jpg

reveg.jpg

canadaseed

canadaseed

@Herb Forester thnx for the info man, i will be plucking those little calyxes of with my tweezers. after hitting my bong of course!!

@SunGrown awesome pics dude!! those plants look really good looks like a few a growing only vegetable material now?? Btw i couldn't find ur thread do u have a link to it?

Top Bottom