Ec Fluctuations?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

When I was in veg the magic number for ec was 2.2 and it was still dropping even that high. When I switched to flower the ec immediately started to rise indicating lowering the ec was needed. Took me a few days to find the magic number which ended up being between 1.7 and 1.6. First the ec was dropping just as it should be but then things got wierd.

Now the ec will drop the first couple days like it should be, actually it should stay the same but, then it will start rising. This happens while adding 8 gallons of 1.6ec water every day.

Has anyone ever run into ec or ppm fluctuations as you might pH.

For sake of argument let's say everything else is right.

Temp 75 day and night
Water temp 65-68 night to day
Starting ec 1.65
pH 6.0

DGP

DGP

I have seen fluctuations, heck even my EC/PPM meters float around +- 20 points easily and that's with a quality HM meter. What I look for is stability that is in the plus/minus maybe 50 ppm range. Then I adjust my top off reservoir so it drops in slightly lower or higher ppm depending on what the plants are telling me.

I also use this chart to help me decide what to do at a given stage of growth but I adjust this charts data to my strain specific needs.

Also, to your previous question about mixing Jack's Hydro, I will post a list of how many grams I use to meet the ratios I think I need depending on whether the plants are in veg, transition, full flower or flush. Probably will post that up in the nutrients section and see what other opinions might come along.

Dee

GROW CHART ENVIRONMENTAL

Top Bottom