Ed’s Outdoor Mixed Bag - Australia

• Thread starter Eddie420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eddie420

Eddie420

Hi All,

Only my second outdoor grow here, hope you enjoy the ride & I get to learn a thing or two...

I ordered a bunch of seeds from Haze.io earlier this year and they gave me a bunch of freebies, one of which was Female Seeds Grapefruit

https://www.leafly.com/products/details/female-seeds-grapefruit

And H.A.S.H auto Vesuvius. Never grown an auto before so this should be fun.

https://cannabisseedsforsale.com/product/high-altitude-seeds/auto-vesuvius/

A friend also gave me a bunch of seeds from his mate up the coast, regular, so fingers crossed for a female. The White Russian hasn’t popped yet and I don’t think it will...

Photo below shows them in seedling mix under T5, the Auto is now in a bigger pot outside, and the others need to be re-potted as soon as I’m back in town.

More pictures to come soon.

Eds outdoor mixed bag   australia
Eddie420

Eddie420

10 days after going into seedling mix... the Auto Vesuvius is going well after being re-potted in a Premium soil mix, the Grapefruit & random seed need to go into the same mix, look like they need some nutrients.

For some reason having trouble attaching images, will keep trying

Eddie420

Eddie420

How's your feeding routine?
I’m away from home at the moment so they haven’t been fed at all. The Auto is in an off the shelf premium soil mix with slow release ferts (4 months)

The other two will go into the same soil. Will see how they respond once in the premium soil and maybe start them on a quarter dose of veg nutes, maybe some sort of root conditioner (seaweed), maybe some molasses

Eddie420

Eddie420

10 days old. Grapefruit & Random bag seed need to be re-potted ASAP

Vesuvius looks ok. Might apply some diomateceaus earth to get a head start on fungus gnats

B1A1CEAA 74BD 49AB BCF9 3D757753C83B
C6D614CA F028 4172 BA17 A9B3F2899F19
Eddie420

Eddie420

About 15 days old, the Grapefruit & random bag seed look hungry. I re-potted them into some Premium potting mix from the hardware & gardening store, looks like the roots are just reaching that now. Brought them inside and under T5 now until the get a little bigger

Auto Vesuvius is looking good, leaving her outside mostly, back under T5 on rainy days...

Applied Diatomeceaus Earth to the soil, also covered in Perlite to try and keep the fungus gnats at bay... little bastards.

Amazing how much bigger the Auto is, though it has been in proper soil for a week longer than the other two... which probably explains the size difference a little.

16283240 8552 4B1F B005 8280507EED1E
A

aquabig

What is the maximum size container these will be residing in?

Eddie420

Eddie420

What is the maximum size container these will be residing in?
Hey Aquabig,

They are currently all in 7.5L pots. I read an article somewhere regarding pot size with Auto’s, and I seem to recall the equation pointed me to the 7.5L pots. I’m wary of re-potting the auto at this stage too...

I have a few 26.5L (7 Gallon) Fabric pots which I might use for the other two. They are both Sativa dominant strains, so I don’t want them to be too big, as my outdoor area is a little too exposed for my liking. I can hide them a little amongst the tomatoes & eggplants... I did think about putting them into the ground and training them low, I might still do that. I have a spot in another garden that has lots of tall flowers and bushes in it, but that area is not as great for sunlight & airflow. I’m just worried they will get too large if I put them in the ground.

I’m trying to germinate & sprout a Barney’s Farm Chronic Thunder now. I figured I had a couple of Sativa dominant strains and would need a heavy Indica for night time... fingers crossed they pop. I accidentally let the paper towel dry out...

I’m still bringing them inside & under T5 for a few more hours after sunset.

5EAA0F68 3DF2 4EF3 B4FC 5DB75BF1C314
4410D133 5AF4 47AF A3C9 00944F7AE8C0
A

aquabig

What's the difference right now in applied precip between the different sized pots?

Eddie420

Eddie420

The auto is getting slightly more water than the other two... maybe 5L for the auto 2L each for the other two.

A

aquabig

I guess what I'm asking is how long are your irrigation intervals to apply those figures, time-wise?

Eddie420

Eddie420

Depends on how hot it’s been... on average I feed every 2-4 days. I check the pot weight and am trying to get a feel for being able to tell when they are thirsty. It’s only my second outdoor grow, so I have much to learn...

Eddie420

Eddie420

Chronic Thunder from Barney’s Farm under T5, sprouted & looking good.

8E38949D 8A12 460F B3AF 5EED7BABE5D5
Eddie420

Eddie420

Nearly 1 month since potting them up in seedling mix... it really is amazing how fast they grow.

Picked up some Grow Candy “Dynamite” the other day, supposedly a kelp based nutrient. Going to try using it once a week throughout the Grow. Recommended 1ml/L but I went a bit conservative considering the girls are still young.

I’ve moved them under the T5 today as it’s raining and I’d already fed them. Probably should have let nature do it’s thing...

Saw some white fly the other day, gave them a spray with some Eco-Neem before lights out last few evenings. May hit them again just to make sure I got them all. Sprayed the top layer of soil/perlite too. Trying to keep on top of the bugs this time...

8D8EC988 E18A 4CE3 8D72 9FFE6CE9CB64
Eddie420

Eddie420

I ordered a bunch of seeds from Haze.io earlier this year and they gave me a bunch of freebies, one of which was Female Seeds Grapefruit

https://www.leafly.com/products/details/female-seeds-grapefruit
Just realized I made a mistake. The Grapefruit seeds from Female Seeds were not freebies, I had originally wanted Tangerine Dream by Barney’s Farm but they were hard to get hold of, so Haze suggested Grapefruit & gave me 10 feminized seeds instead of 5 for the same price.

Eddie420

Eddie420

I’m pretty sure I read that you should not top or fim autos, but what about the other two? Should I top them? I kind of don’t want them to get too huge because my grow space is a little exposed. Both the smaller, Sativa Dominant plants are past the 4th node now...

And when to re-pot? When the plant grows wider than the pot?

Last edited:
Eddie420

Eddie420

The plants seem to be outgrowing their pots, becoming nice and wide. It’s funny, I had presumed that the auto (Lowryder x Sweet Tooth) was Indica Dominant, but her leaves are super big and slender... whereas the Grapefruit (C99 x Fast Flowering Sativa) & the bag seed were Sativa dominant, but their leaves look was more hybrid. What a wonderful plant indeed!

Anyway, was trying to decide between topping or LST, and since I have two very similar looking plants, decided to experiment. I now have planted the Grapefruit into my veggie garden, and am tying it down and training it to grow low. The bag seed I have re-potted into a Fabric pot, 70/30 soil/Perlite. I have topped it, and have also started super cropping.

So, two very similar looking plants, two very different outdoor grows.

I really should have started them all earlier, but they’ll have at least 2.5 months veg. The Chronic Thunder was definitely too late, but maybe I leave her to start flowering and monster crop clones for indoor winter crop...

575B108F 555A 4C3B 8340 0BCE65A427FA
7636B6DF 569A 483F BAF6 99032D59108F
0136FF53 1DF3 422E 8639 9C1BEC2F17A5
Eddie420

Eddie420

Oh, and we are about Day 34 now...

Some of the autos leaf tips are curling down a bit... not sure what that’s about. Flushed with PH 6.5 water this morning...

61C675BB DD72 4488 90D7 DA832E5A8690
Eddie420

Eddie420

So, now I don’t know what’s what. After planting what I thought was bag seed from my friend into the ground, topping the main stem, and super cropping, she has started showing signs of pre-flower. My conclusion is that this must be the auto. Which would make sense, as it is supposed to be an Indica Dominant strain, and what I initially thought was the Auto, is actually the Female Seeds Grapefruit, which is Sativa Dominant.

A big lesson for me during germination, always keep the beans separate. I germinated them in paper towels, and at one point when I was checking them they rolled around a bit. I thought I put them all back in the right spot, where their labels were. But I guess I fucked up.

It’s a shame, I was a bit bummed out because I’ve basically done all the wrong things now with this auto. I’ve topped it, re-planted it, stressed it. In the end it was a freebie, and a learning experience...

Today I’ll re-pot the Grapefruit into a larger fabric pot and adjust the soil. More perlite. Fed all 3 with Grow Candy Dynamite today...

F5384622 E0AF 4CC1 9BC5 D921781855FA
4FA4502F F792 41DD 93A0 79D0F50839BE
F65DEF7E 0501 4113 B69F 66E947AFFB68
FF7D3AB4 E3D2 4664 B137 9AEF855383FA

Latest posts

Top Bottom