Effects Of Music On Plants

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

I've been considering putting a radio in the grow room to help with plant growth. To be honest I wasn't sure if it was real or not. My wife was even less on the fence than I was on the subject.

I did a quick search on google and found a great article with sime great reference material. Long story short after a study that was done in India they found an increase in growth.

Plants subjected to music, certain types in these studies, had an increase of 20% in height and over 60% increase in bio-mass. Those are some intriguing numbers to back up the reasoning for adding music to your grow operation. By the way, he found that violins had the greatest effect on plant growth.

There's also studies showing the effects of human contact or just contact in general on plants. I'm not a hang out in my grow room kind of guy though so I'll stick to a radio.

https://dengarden.com/gardening/the-effect-of-music-on-plant-growth

knyucklehead

knyucklehead

Sounds pretty cool to me. If you do try using a radio in your grow room, post your results. I've even heard of a distillery playing Mozart to aging sake barrels; it was said to improve the quality.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

My plants love this shit..LOL
Zztop

hillbil

hillbil

I know our plants affect how good music sounds! Not so sure that plants like music though some of mine enjoy impressionist art.

S

Shawnery

The idea isn't that plants enjoy the sound of music but instead react to the energy transmitted through sound waves.

Palmettoman

Palmettoman

I actually watched this on myth busters........ they were growing peas though. And believe it or not it worked. It was either heavy metal or classical music that did the best. It was a long time ago when I watched it so can’t recall right off. But they did one grow area where that talked shit to the pea plants and they harvested to worse.

Top Bottom