• Thread starter stonestacker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Fluence=2.3 Umol/j not bad but definitely not worth 3 bucks a watt
Well then, I'm onboard with you guys tryin to save me some dinero and if you can hook me up with a great cob array complete with a 5 x 5 footprint if you have the time or desire why don't you just build me one. I haven't the smarts or time to diy some cobs. Ive been watching the led thing for a while and you six would be someone I know has the knowledge to throw some bad azz leds together. :D Think it over. Really don't want to drop 1500+ on a light ......…. and when I saw their specs I was impressed and the runs my bro is getting are impressive. But I really am tired of the waste of hid.

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Curious why you wouldnt do an HLG 600 for similar output(couple more UMOLS actually)and half the price?
I haven't ever heard of them. Do you use their gear? Do you have a link cause I haven't pulled the trigger yet and 1500 is a lot of clams.

G

grnsunshine

I was hoping Dan the man from Electric Sky would drop in...

Oh Hai!

Glad you're enjoying the units so far, I think you'll appreciate the spectrum with additional red and infrared for some amazing growth rates. You have some fun in store as you grow... Usually growers aren't impressed by the Umol/J or brightness to the human eye vs White LED systems but as soon as they throw plants under there they begin to "see the light" as they grow :) The spectrum is harder to create with LED but the plants absolutely love it.

Nice setup and spacing, you have them the perfect distance so that the lenses keep the light on your plant canopy from distance, should be set to go at that height for a while. Drop down to maybe 18 inches once things are happy and thriving.

For the viewers at home here is a sneak peak of what's to come -- take a look at the results with our first beta test run of the wideband LED system clocking in at a "miserable" 1.7 umol/J :)
Current system has 2.5x times the diodes for additional brightness, so you're in for a fun ride!!

Enjoy and keep it coming.

Dan

stonestacker

stonestacker

Good to see you stopping in Dan I don't know the technical stuff and don't care to learn it.
Too much personal stuff going on in my life right now I'm kind of spinning.
Quick photo dump I was supposed to do two days ago. And then I got to run.
20180810 100149
20180810 100125
20180810 100130
20180810 100138

stonestacker

stonestacker

Take a moment to give you my first impression of the lights. Plug-and-play was nice fancy new hangers and stuff I didn't take advantage of kind of old school. First impression was needs a socket at the lamp itself for custom cord length. But had an old chords laying around that pluged right in for a perfect extension cord. So in all reality the easiest lights I ever hooked up. But I haven't done that many.
Definitely notice a difference in light tone. kind of like the whiter led lights compared to the yellow of the HPS. Seems easier on the eyes.
The LED canopy might be just a little denser and a little shorter node spacing. But kind of hard to tell this early. It's only day 9 of flower.

Some quick shots and I got to run.

Took the pictures from the north side of the room this time instead of the Southside.

Have a great day...
I will....

stonestacker

stonestacker

A little about my setup. I run DTW dry salts still playing with my mixes. The LED side could use more Ca but the HPS side is good. So I will not up my ppm. I could push the led side harder without a doubt.
So far I am impressed with the LEDs. If they were more affordable it would be a no brainer for me. But I'm a cheap ass old fart lol.
Time to go play in the garden.
Have a great day.

G

grnsunshine

A little about my setup. I run DTW dry salts still playing with my mixes. The LED side could use more Ca but the HPS side is good. So I will not up my ppm. I could push the led side harder without a doubt.
So far I am impressed with the LEDs. If they were more affordable it would be a no brainer for me. But I'm a cheap ass old fart lol.
Time to go play in the garden.
Have a great day.

Glad you're loving them ;) Usually with LEDs need a slight bump in Ca/Mg. Since this is a heavy red/infrared spectrum vs the MH it will be interesting to see the results in flower for you.

Down4Dabs

Down4Dabs

Went in this morning and helped Pops get the 2nd scrog up. The girls are flowering up nice!

No noticable difference yet in bud size from one end to the other, BUT we are seeing a noticeable difference in plant size from end to end.

The 2 end plants on the LED side have grown thicker and quicker than the end under the HPS.

Still early in the run, but everything is looking great so far!
20180825 090142
20180825 090116
20180825 090208
20180825 090204

Toaster79

Toaster79

Went in this morning and helped Pops get the 2nd scrog up. The girls are flowering up nice!

No noticable difference yet in bud size from one end to the other, BUT we are seeing a noticeable difference in plant size from end to end.

The 2 end plants on the LED side have grown thicker and quicker than the end under the HPS.

Still early in the run, but everything is looking great so far! View attachment 825180 View attachment 825181 View attachment 825182 View attachment 825183

I'd put those leds slightly further apart to cover the edges some more, otherwise looking stellar!

Top Bottom