Elevation Organics Bokashi...put It In The Bucket?

• Thread starter Saint Skinny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Hey Farmers and Farmettes,
I had recently been talking to a guy over at Elevation Organics about getting some samples... There was a bit of a delay but to my surprise, yesterday the samples arrived and I'm pretty stoked after seeing what he sent my way:
  • Crucial Castings (3 dry quarts)
  • Fertile Valley Soil Builder and Tea Brew (3 dry quarts)
  • Bokashi + root zone inoculant (3.5 Lbs)
  • The Elevation Organics Starter Kit
    • 16oz Peak Harvest Grow 4-2-3
    • 16oz Peak Harvest Bloom 2-5-3
    • 16oz Peak Harvest Essential Gold Ca/Mg
    • 16oz Peak Harvest Humic Acid Test
    • 8oz Desert Nectar Yucca Extract
    • 12oz Vegetation dry fert
    • 12oz Rose and Flower dry fert
    • 8oz Fertile Valley Soil Builder and Tea Brew
    • 10 oz Crucial Castings
    • 5 oz Bokashi +
What I'm curious about is the Bokashi +, I'm wondering if this is the same type 'bran' or 'grain' used in Bokashi Buckets? I've heard quite a bit about bokashi but I haven't done much research myself, yet. I'll be diving down the rabbit hole this afternoon. I do know that it's an anaerobic process, as opposed to regular composting which is an Aerobic Process. I've also heard it tends to be a decent bit faster than aerobic composting, and that you can use some things in Bokashi that would be a no-no in regular aerobic composting (IE bones and meat). Aside from some other bits of knowledge I don't know a whole lot about this process. IE what counts as Bokashi Bran/grain ( The whole bran vs grain just depends on whether they inoculated the bacteria using bran or grain, right?) or if there are different kinds (I know there are going to be different grades and am assuming alot depends on what they inoculated with) for different purposes. I don't see them mention bokashi buckets anywhere on the package or page on their site, which is why I wanted to double check.

Any advice would be appreciated, as always! Growers Love, Y'all ~Saint

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

IMG 0852
IMG 0858
IMG 0860

K

kansabis

It doesn't seem the same as bokashi grain for a bokashi bucket but very similar,I could be wrong but it seems to be meant for use as you would any other root inoculant.

Top Bottom