End Of Week 6 Of Seed! Plant Size Issue??

• Thread starter Henny2319
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Henny2319

Hey guys, This is getting close to the end of week 6 started from seed, for 2 of these 6 plants. The other 4 started a week later. So am a little concered about my height of my plants as of right now since it being such a long time in veg.. i see other results and mines dont seem to be quite there hieght wise. I am training and am hoping it might be training thats causing it to grow slower.
Am LST the branches to fill out the pot and then i "toped" each top shoot once and they are slowly growing from there. Its been well over a week and the plant hasnt grown much since. If it were to be stsnding straight up they look like they would be around 2 maybe 2 1/2 feet tall

I just want to know is there someone who trains their plants in this way? And if so what are your bounce back results from topping as in growth? And whats an expected average hieght for say week 6 of veg LST'd. Yea i know sorry for the dumb questions i know alot can result with the strain being used but maybe someone with lots of experience can help with whats expected. Heres some pics

20161231 052041
20161231 095552
20161231 095623
H

Henny2319

They look pretty darn good to me.

Pre-flowers on a plant that is still throwing opposite branching is an indication that they can use more light.
Aloha, Carry on.
Wee 'zard

What do you mean by throwing opposite branching? And i have them under a 600w mh about 3ft above the canopy any closer it feels a little warm. Do you suggest i try to get a little closet with my light?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
They look super good to me, I would either supercrop them and defoliate and wait a couple weeks to flip or just flip in a week or two.
Great job, training them like that makes a good even top canopy and alot of top buds.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

What do you mean by throwing opposite branching?

When a cannabis plant is in veg mode the branches sprout from the main stem two at a time from opposite sides.
The plant signifies that it is ready to flower when she starts growing one new branch at a time from alternate sides of the main stem.

Do you suggest i try to get a little closer with my light?

Nope, but I'm wondering how many hours of light they get?

H

Henny2319

When a cannabis plant is in veg mode the branches sprout from the main stem two at a time from opposite sides.
The plant signifies that it is ready to flower when she starts growing one new branch at a time from alternate sides of the main stem.

Nope, but I'm wondering how many hours of light they get?

Oh okay i see what your saying. Well they have been getting 18:6 of light their whole life. And am trying to hold off on the flip for about another week to let my other 4 catch up with the pre flowering stage. Is it bad to hold them from the flip if i start to see pre flowers??

H

Henny2319

They look super good to me, I would either supercrop them and defoliate and wait a couple weeks to flip or just flip in a week or two.
Great job, training them like that makes a good even top canopy and alot of top buds.

Thanks, this my first time growing so am trying my best to maintain that even height. I want to take some clones from them to sime what defoliate but am not sure if the plant or clones are a good size to take, and by that i mean the stem size of the clone. They seem pretty thin. Am i suppose to make this a mother plant, let it veg for longer in order to take clones from it? Ill try and get a pic, and thanks for the advice

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
If you want it to be a mother plant you could cut a bunch of clones off of it now, its better to just take a few from the bottom and then flower her out, then you can see if its good enough to keep around.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Also I would get my pots up off the floor get a air gap between them and the cold floor it's important to keep your roots happy maybe get some white panda film under them as well to maximise all the light you have . There looking good super crop is a great way to go good luck happy new year .

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Is it bad to hold them from the flip if i start to see pre flowers??

It's not a problem.

Just a side note,
Had a plant with a lot of female pre-flowers go balls-out male on the river.
So , ya never know, ya know?

Aloha,
Weeze

H

Henny2319

Also I would get my pots up off the floor get a air gap between them and the cold floor it's important to keep your roots happy maybe get some white panda film under them as well to maximise all the light you have . There looking good super crop is a great way to go good luck happy new year .

Yea i been meaning to get them raised up off the floor. Am working on my flower room at the moment and I Went ahead and got some wood from my job and framed in this little platform. Am going to cover up with panda film as well. Looks a little much but its okay no money spent just a little work. Am also going to build a smaller platform for my veg room once i get my plants moved out of there. Thanks again everyone with the great advice ✌

20170101 182254
H

Henny2319

Hey guys so i have questions on a "sealed" room. Like how do you run it? I have a carbon filter and a fan and i heard you can just run those together in the "sealed" room to scrub the air. I want to run a bit of co2. Does anyone know how this works exactly and can explain in more detail how to accomplish this?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Hey guys so i have questions on a "sealed" room. Like how do you run it? I have a carbon filter and a fan and i heard you can just run those together in the "sealed" room to scrub the air. I want to run a bit of co2. Does anyone know how this works exactly and can explain in more detail how to accomplish this?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Sealed+Co2+grow+room+thcfarmer
I could have just searched the forums but this was more fun...

H

Henny2319

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Sealed+Co2+grow+room+thcfarmer
I could have just searched the forums but this was more fun...

Thanks that cleared a little up. So what i didnt see on there is how often do you "scrub" the air? the co2 is trying to be maintained at a certain ppm and someone did say the fan and scrubber does not affect the co2 in the room but is that facts? And how about at night time hours do you just let the ppms drop and let the plants sit in room and wait till next mornimg to run co2 again?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Co2 only works when the lights are on, you exhaust the room every day at lights off. Carbon scrubbers only filter out solid particles, it takes a different kind of filter to filter air molecules.

H

Henny2319

exhaust? So your saying to have the fan set up so that at night time it turns on for a few min and sucks the air out of the room? And i have a phresh filter..it says its a carbon scrubber that filters particles, dust, and organic odors? Would that work? And by the way thanks so much for the help dude you have no idea

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Phresh filters are awesome as long as they arent spent or old, I like to replace mine long before the manufacturers recommendation, the pre filter sleeve makes them last a little longer.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
The only Co2 I use is given off by soil microbes and floating in my air, I used alcohol fermentation before but I have never done a sealed room. I only know what I have read so dont quote me, maybe @ShroomKing or @Seamaiden knows who runs a sealed room on here?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
The only Co2 I use is given off by soil microbes and floating in my air, I used alcohol fermentation before but I have never done a sealed room. I only know what I have read so dont quote me, maybe @ShroomKing or @Seamaiden knows who runs a sealed room on here?
Im not very knowledgeable about co2 and sealed rooms.
I have been reading on the subject, but anything I might add would be conjecture at this point.

Best of luck.
Peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom