Epilepsy In A Dog And Wanting To Use A Cbd Oil

• Thread starter Humboldt.Rio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

i also know a lady that fkt her dog up on medication thinkin her dog had epilepsy, turned out she was just freakin out bout he dog havin bad dreams.
Yeah bicky studs

The vet was pretty sure she has epilepsy. But I don't see the shaking. More confused. Like she doesn't see well. She pees herself laying down. She does have this trippy thing with her jaw. Like a crack head.

Ina

Ina

Try!She was given phenobarbital wtf,it is much worst!I would at least try,you can always take het to the vet if it is getting worst but if it is getting better that will be huge victory!:)Instead of olive oil try canna seed oil but whatever oil you use I believe it could help.It helps people in that condition so...Imagine smaller doses for dog,really small twice a day or one little bit bigger in the evening so she can sleep.I would definitely try to heal my dog if the condition is treatable with cannabis oil,i would neve r give her phenobarbital!Pour soul!!!

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Try!She was given phenobarbital wtf,it is much worst!I would at least try,you can always take het to the vet if it is getting worst but if it is getting better that will be huge victory!:)Instead of olive oil try canna seed oil but whatever oil you use I believe it could help.It helps people in that condition so...Imagine smaller doses for dog,really small twice a day or one little bit bigger in the evening so she can sleep.I would definitely try to heal my dog if the condition is treatable with cannabis oil,i would neve r give her phenobarbital!Pour soul!!!
Thanks Ina!!!

That's the encouragement I needed!!

She is a sweet girl.

That medication was so bad... And so much of it. I felt so bad for her yesterday. Today she is already much better

I'm gonna try a month with her just on cbd oil.

I'll try and switch oils when I harvest again. But right now it's between olive oil CBD and coconut Larry og

Ina

Ina

I guess it could help if take her to some nice place,quiet in the nature,so she can lay on the grass or something but when she feels and looks better.And squeeze her ears,they love that haha:)Share with us how does she feels after few days,weeks?!First hand info if it works!:)I hope so!Think of other things that can improve the condition besides the medication,...

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Yes,something like that but when it is not hot ,may be in the evening just to lay down there,i'm sure it helps a lot.Of course if she feels fine enough,maj be not so soon,you will decide.....
I thought about the evenings too. After dark.

We are just gonna stay home the next day so see how she is doing. I'm just so happy to get her off that medication.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Thanks Ina!!!

That's the encouragement I needed!!

She is a sweet girl.

That medication was so bad... And so much of it. I felt so bad for her yesterday. Today she is already much better

I'm gonna try a month with her just on cbd oil.

I'll try and switch oils when I harvest again. But right now it's between olive oil CBD and coconut Larry og
I’ve been through a similar situation with my Duke (number 1). Had him from 8 weeks old. He started having shakes and not eating at 8 1/2 years. Took him to vet after vet after vet. Spent thousands of dollars. Nobody could figure it out. Last chance try took him to a farm vet. He looked him over, made one call, came back to me and said he had cancer. Gave me 2 choices keep with the meds or put my baby down. Well, I decided to take it apon myself to save my baby (145 pound German Shepherd). Started making him RSO oil. started with low doses at first. It rely helped him with the shakes and his appetite. As time went on it took more and more. To the point where it didn’t work anymore. It got to the point where I was force feeding. I just couldn’t let him go. Looking at those old photos and his quality of life at the end. I should have let him go the day they came to me with the diagnosis. He woke me at 4am wanted to go outside. I let him out. Fell back asleep alarm went off for work. He never scratched the door to come back in. He dragged himself to the door back legs didn’t work no more and laid there. Took him to vet...............stayed with him till his eyes closed. Went to my walking place to think for a couple hours. Went home, to his back yard. In the middle of the yard there was a pile of blood. He hemorrhaged. I can’t imagine the pain he went through because of my selfishness. I loved him more then anything in the world. Don’t do what I did, it will get harder and harder every day. I wish you and your baby luck.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

I’ve been through a similar situation with my Duke (number 1). Had him from 8 weeks old. He started having shakes and not eating at 8 1/2 years. Took him to vet after vet after vet. Spent thousands of dollars. Nobody could figure it out. Last chance try took him to a farm vet. He looked him over, made one call, came back to me and said he had cancer. Gave me 2 choices keep with the meds or put my baby down. Well, I decided to take it apon myself to save my baby (145 pound German Shepherd). Started making him RSO oil. started with low doses at first. It rely helped him with the shakes and his appetite. As time went on it took more and more. To the point where it didn’t work anymore. It got to the point where I was force feeding. I just couldn’t let him go. Looking at those old photos and his quality of life at the end. I should have let him go the day they came to me with the diagnosis. He woke me at 4am wanted to go outside. I let him out. Fell back asleep alarm went off for work. He never scratched the door to come back in. He dragged himself to the door back legs didn’t work no more and laid there. Took him to vet...............stayed with him till his eyes closed. Went to my walking place to think for a couple hours. Went home, to his back yard. In the middle of the yard there was a pile of blood. He hemorrhaged. I can’t imagine the pain he went through because of my selfishness. I loved him more then anything in the world. Don’t do what I did, it will get harder and harder every day. I wish you and your baby luck.
Thank u for sharing your experience. This dog was literally in the car going to be put down. So I thought I would try. I'm not going to get attached to her for this reason of Urs. I don't want her to go through life fucked.

I will give her a month to get that shit medication out of her and see if she improves. If I see there is nothing I can do. I won't be selfish

For she is the reason I'm doing this. Not me

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Thank u for sharing your experience. This dog was literally in the car going to be put down. So I thought I would try. I'm not going to get attached to her for this reason of Urs. I don't want her to go through life fucked.

I will give her a month to get that shit medication out of her and see if she improves. If I see there is nothing I can do. I won't be selfish

For she is the reason I'm doing this. Not me
Good luck, I hope you succeed!!

Ina

Ina

It was cancer,that is different diagnose and different circumstances,may be there is a chance..... it doesnt always help unfortunately(diesel,it was really sad story,sometimes I'm more sorry for dogs than people,they deserve it more)….:/I guess he will judge if she feels better or not and what to do.Yes,I also agree euthanasia can be more humane if the condition is severely impaired.But if he miss the chance to help her...I don't know it is really complicated,i can say only what I would do.....

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
It was cancer,that is different diagnose and different circumstances,may be there is a chance..... it doesnt always help unfortunately(diesel,it was really sad story,sometimes I'm more sorry for dogs than people,they deserve it more)….:/I guess he will judge if she feels better or not and what to do.Yes,I also agree euthanasia can be more humane if the condition is severely impaired.But if he miss the chance to help her...I don't know it is really complicated,i can say only what I would do.....

I was going to say the samething. @1diesel1 your story literally brought tears to my eyes but i still wouldn’t be able to put my pup at sleep if they said he had cancer, i would at least take him to a trip of his life time, then yeah... but this one hasn’t got cancer maybe he can manage to control it with cannabis, i would be soo happy if you succeed @Humboldt.Rio keep us updated and usually the dosage for a person (ml per kilogram) could work for a dog. Also i don’t know if either cbd or thc works for epilepsy maybe you can look that up.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

I've always had dog's in my life. They all just passed away of age.

Dog's are part of our families. Like our children. So I can understand both sides of not letting go and when it is time.

But that's the thing. I will never hurt to try. I have super low expectations.

And if I have to put her down. I'm going to do what crimson echo said.

I'll give her the trip of a lifetime bf.

That's all I can really do

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

I'll keep u updated as well. She is much better today. Than yesterday. But I've only known her two days so..

The confusion is nothing like yesterday. She is just resting today. But it's raining here today. So there's not much else to do.

She had two weird episodes. Like drunk barking.

I did 1ml CBD in the morning and afternoon. I'll do one more before bed

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
DEABFFB9 2E7E 4F14 845F 65CECD6C0915
1DIESEL1, BLU, DUKE (number 2)

Latest posts

Top Bottom