Epilepsy In A Dog And Wanting To Use A Cbd Oil

• Thread starter Humboldt.Rio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Good morning everyone!

We are just having our breakfast. Went for a walk and someone is super excited today!

Both yesterday and today like at 6 she woke me up barking and when I went to check on her she was super scared and confused.

But I calmed her down. Layed her down and just layed with her till she relaxed. We both fell asleep on the kitchen floor.

We went for a nice walk. I think after dark tonight I will take her to the park.

But we are both good today. She just follows me around now looking for guidance.

Hope everyone else is well

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

W

Wrathoftejus

Really happy to see everything looks good. Idk what you have access too but you might pick up a dog full supplement (its a powder you mix in water and food to make gravy) incase theres any deficiencies. I give one to both my dogs daily

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Cheers buddy!! That's a great idea!

I'll go look at the pet shop.

We are good today! Every morning she has a little episode. When I get up to pee. When she she's me she gets so excited. She is wagging her tail but the barking turns into like anger and confusion. I just stand their and wait for her to stop and then give her love. Then she is fine.

I can't tell u what a difference in attitude with the phenobarbital....

Man...

I only gave her two ml's CBD yesterday. Today I won't give any.

I'm not exactly sure what her parents or their vet thinks is epilepsy..

I have only seen her fucked on meds and this morning thing she has going on.

I don't think she sees so we'll in the dark.

But I'm going to take her for a big walk today!
Really happy to see everything looks good. Idk what you have access too but you might pick up a dog full supplement (its a powder you mix in water and food to make gravy) incase theres any deficiencies. I give one to both my dogs daily

DGP

DGP

CBD oil is what you want. Here in the states you can buy it specifically for dogs. In people it is very successful for unresolvable childhood epilepsy in little children as young as a few years old. Charlotte's Web was a CBD strain made famous for this.

Only you can evaluate your dog's quality of life but I would encourage you to use CBD for the dog and re-evaluate over time. CBD is generally non intoxicating but do some research on dosage and start slow.

We gave our dog some commercially available CBD for another illness but I cannot remember the exact dosage or potency.....

Dee

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

CBD oil is what you want. Here in the states you can buy it specifically for dogs. In people it is very successful for unresolvable childhood epilepsy in little children as young as a few years old. Charlotte's Web was a CBD strain made famous for this.

Only you can evaluate your dog's quality of life but I would encourage you to use CBD for the dog and re-evaluate over time. CBD is generally non intoxicating but do some research on dosage and start slow.

We gave our dog some commercially available CBD for another illness but I cannot remember the exact dosage or potency.....

Dee
Thank you Dee for taking the time to write. I am actually just giving her 1ml of CBD in the afternoon. Once a day. She seems to like it!

I'm still not exactly sure what the vet here was saying about epilepsy. The brother told me she goes through 30 a day. I've had here since Monday and the only two issues I've seen are the drugged from the medication she was on and a tempermetempe issue.

You know when u leave and come home. You get a little party everytime? Well I get the party but it turns into scared nervous anger like. And then it's hard to snap her out of it.

But besides tgat. She isn't really eating so much. But I'm going to start today giving her long walks on the leash.

She is a border collie and has that kind of crazy tempermtemp if she doesn't have a job.

I still can't believe the owners were going to put her down. To me it seems I made a good choice to take her out of their car and take her home.

She is a good girl.

I think she was beat by someone too... She was very very nervous with hands expecially men. Made it a little hard in the beginning but I'm gaining her trust. She just follows me around.

DGP

DGP

Yeah, we help with a dog rescue locally and we have seen a lot of shit. We usually can save a dog and retrain them but once in a great while it doesnt work out. I think your doing the right thing. Sometimes folks cant afford medical care and they get tired of dealing with a dog that has issues....I bet there is some elements of that going on here.

Keep trying and see if you can make headway.

Best wishes,

Dee

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Yeah, we help with a dog rescue locally and we have seen a lot of shit. We usually can save a dog and retrain them but once in a great while it doesnt work out. I think your doing the right thing. Sometimes folks cant afford medical care and they get tired of dealing with a dog that has issues....I bet there is some elements of that going on here.

Keep trying and see if you can make headway.

Best wishes,

Dee
Exactly, it’s upsetting to me that folks take animals in and don’t take care of them and just abandon them when there in need. I took this blu here in at 8 weeks. At 4 months old he started limping. He was diagnosed with elbow displasha. I could have done nothing, witch his quality of life would have been horrible. I could have just gotten rid of him, but I’m not that kind of person. I did the rite thing. It was extremely expensive, but was worth it. Now he’s 2 and can run and play like all his brothers.
1A0BFEB0 C150 4FFC BA60 74F361AF4EEB

Top Bottom