Epilepsy In A Dog And Wanting To Use A Cbd Oil

• Thread starter Humboldt.Rio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Man....

Totally agree. I think it's incredible as well the things that go through people's minds. The crazy thing for her is they bought her. Like 600 bucks and just are like ahhhh yeah I can't make the commitment..

Ridiculous

Yours dogs are beautiful brother!

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Yeah, we help with a dog rescue locally and we have seen a lot of shit. We usually can save a dog and retrain them but once in a great while it doesnt work out. I think your doing the right thing. Sometimes folks cant afford medical care and they get tired of dealing with a dog that has issues....I bet there is some elements of that going on here.

Keep trying and see if you can make headway.

Best wishes,

Dee
Thank u Dee for helping our furry friends!! The crazy thing is this family has money and just threw it on medication for her instead of love and training...

Crazy

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

This was literally the only thing they could think of.... Freaking lifetime supply...

I could never make her take this and they had her on 400 mg per day..
1531531142462 1234597495

DGP

DGP

"You can judge a tribe or society by how they treat the helpless things like the elderly, the children and animals"

"You can judge a man by how he treats a person who can give him nothing"

The thing about dogs is they can do something humans can't: Express Unconditional Love.

We struggle to do this but dogs do it by their very nature.......

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Probably determined it was too much trouble and a hassle....so the option in their mind was putting her down.
But why buy a dog.. I don't get it.

But it's crazy here in Brasil. People buy dogs as a show piece. They are very material in the sence of showing off. When I meet people with dogs on the street that's one of the first things they say.

I paid 2000 Reis for her.

Whooohoooo

I tell people I saved her life and they are like what do u mean

DGP

DGP

Yeah buddy

We are good! Just went for a big walk and just getting home. We are doing two big walks per day now and she is loving it!

When she is on the CBD med how many seizures per day? How many was she reported to have originally and also how many while on the barbiturates? BTW, when dogs have seizures just like people they get real disoriented and can be unpredictable ( I am a trained medic). She may act weird and even be somewhat aggressive when she comes out of one but in reality that does not make her an aggressive animal just be careful cause she doesn't know where the F she is and why she is confused, it is a terrible thing to not know what is happening and even who or where you are. She could be disoriented for a long while afterwards and may be very tired and fatigued. Also, it is important to find the dosage that works cause repeated seizures can eventually cause permanent damage. Kids with the un-resolvable type (Dravet's syndrome) usually die at a very young age and often are a vegetable for years before they pass. Also, after some time on a stable dose she may have a relapse and that might mean her system is becoming accustom to the dose. There isn't much data out there on doing this in dogs so your going to have to learn as you go. We had a bulldog with really bad PTSD that we used it for and it worked great!

Here is an article about Charlotte that is interesting: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/charlo...h-seizures-despite-unproven-medical-benefits/

I love the political bullshit statement in the article title: "despite-unproven-medical-benefits". A scientist named Raphael Mechoulam in Israel discovered and isolated THC in the lab in the 1960's proved it worked on epilepsy 40 plus years ago. One thing he has said over and over is something like this: We discovered that cannabis is very effective against epilepsy and why is no one using it clinically? (until now).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=fu6FhJIyTEc

Dee

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I love the political bullshit statement in the article title: "despite-unproven-medical-benefits". A scientist named Raphael Mechoulam in Israel discovered and isolated THC in the lab in the 1960's proved it worked on epilepsy 40 plus years ago. One thing he has said over and over is something like this: We discovered that cannabis is very effective against epilepsy and why is no one using it clinically? (until now).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=fu6FhJIyTEc

Dee

So does he need to use thc or cbd?

DGP

DGP

So does he need to use thc or cbd?
CBD but THC and CBD sometimes work well together. Dr. Mechoulam said THC is the only active compound in cannabis but what he means is THC is the only psychoactive compound. He used CBD to treat epilepsy very successfully. All ten patients had their symptoms resolved but as he said would have to continue using it their entire life.

Personally I believe the terpenes, phenols and many other compounds in cannabis work together in a very complex way. So the effects of various strains being very different. I personally think this is why you can use different strains for different illnesses of disorders. High CBN for sleep, high CBD for epilepsy, high THC/CBD for long term pain control and certain others for anti-inflammatory effects and so on. Cannabis is to me a super complex plant and we probably don't know even a small portion of what it can do.

Watch the video when you have time it is very entertaining and enlightening. Dr. Mechoulam is my hero and is a wonderful human being. He inspired me and probably many others. I extract Phytochemicals from plants (all kinds not just cannabis) to make my own medicine. I extract terpenes (using distillation and fractional distillation) etc. from basil, for example or other spices for various treatments. I am an engineer and an amateur scientist but no doctor but have been fascinated by botany and medicine. I believe there is a plant somewhere on this planet that will cure or treat any illness. It is just the world has selected synthetic pharmacology over plants because you can patent unique molecules and make millions, not so easy with plant medicine.

I have many difficult to treat illnesses that cannabis has for the most part made me symptom free. So, I am eternally grateful to plants and to the people who study them.

Dee

Last edited:
Ina

Ina

Hey,i was looking for that thred,i'm really interested how thing are going with the doggy now?!I'm also helping one dog to get rid of some skin condition that appears and disappears after stopping the meds(it is like some kind of fungi,when my friend took it to the sea coast it started again the vet says it could start from wet weather anytime but by my opinion it has to be cured once and for all) and I think I can cure it(in fact im sure) with cannabis seed oil(it is like olive oil but but more appropriate) mixed with trim(I usually do this mix instead of RSO,easier to apply both externally and internally).It helped my dog once with some skin condition so i'm sure it is going to work!i also give it to my mother in law for rheumatism on her fingers and hands and now she is begging me for more?!:)She throw away all of my plants to the garbage once but now she want cannabis oil to threat her hands,how funny is that!:) I absolutely agree with DGP in his last post and in that thread you people are saying really interesting and nice things!I hope the doggy is feeling much better!!!!!!!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
"You can judge a tribe or society by how they treat the helpless things like the elderly, the children and animals"

"You can judge a man by how he treats a person who can give him nothing"

The thing about dogs is they can do something humans can't: Express Unconditional Love.

We struggle to do this but dogs do it by their very nature.......
Oh oh i know the children part well. I know people that make $110k a year with overtime and they cant buy their kid school lunch...MURIKA!!!

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Good morning everyone!

So much cool information and input. It's one reason I love the farm. Good people.

The doggie. Monday will be 3 weeks with her. I have her leash training everyday. She is the best sitter in the whole world...

And CBD 3 times a day. Now half ml each time.

Not one episode of epilepsy. The attitude stuff and aggression is going away with training.

It looks to me someone was going to kill a perfectly good dog. She just needed some love. I'm glad I took her..
1532690260924 1940041689

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Good morning everyone!

So much cool information and input. It's one reason I love the farm. Good people.

The doggie. Monday will be 3 weeks with her. I have her leash training everyday. She is the best sitter in the whole world...

And CBD 3 times a day. Now half ml each time.

Not one episode of epilepsy. The attitude stuff and aggression is going away with training.

It looks to me someone was going to kill a perfectly good dog. She just needed some love. I'm glad I took her..View attachment 818295
Best news today. Good job man, keep it up and thanks for your efforts, i know she can’t thank you with words so i am doing it on her behalf too :D

Top Bottom