Ethics In Breeding

• Thread starter CageyBee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mancdank

mancdank

Is it true theirs a lawsuit over this Gorilla glue name? LoL I've had one out of about 15 "gorilla glues" that I enjoyed and it was more diesel than anything....
I've got the original gg4 and it's a real nice smoke but I've seen too many claiming they have the real deal

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I know this thread was started some 3 years ago, but since it seems to be revived so to speak of course I want to add my .2cents

First and foremost in the quest for Integrity and Ethics in breeding or chucking for that matter, is to never claim someone else work as your own. If you are righteous, you will always give credit where it is due. However, as we all know greed is a very strong motivator for some and there will always be those that will counterfeit someone elses labor and call it their own. That is the sad but true part of any potential money making racket.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Been seeing more and more "breeders" popping up using other established true breeders work. My question is......when did buying a couple packs of beans then smashing a male and a female together and making a cross warrant a seedco? In my day you had to do some work and make your own male before making crosses you could call your own. The chuckers of this day and age are making a mockery of true cannabis breeding. Poly hybrids that all look the same is whats coming from it this chucking generation. Blessings or not its not god practice and honestly its pure hack breeding.

Whats everyone else's take?
id say it started about same time ,BREEDERS started charging 50 bucks a seed,in response they named us chunkers,what were they called before internet BREEDERS

tricky

tricky

manc has the same cut i have its real ...........cheese is dead lol

U

UkKutz

Wicked thread.... even more so relevant now with the amount of cowboys popping up. Some of the best plants i have ever grown have come from nirvana, a supposed chucker that has built a stable business from it. I remember back in the day that these guys got enough stick .... in fairness i never had any issues with their beans, where as i had negative experiemces with other so called legit breeders beans. Nirvanas white rhino was a legend around my ends and my lot still talk of her now.

Imo anything in the public domain is just that .. public.... and as soon as it is made public, any rights to it are immediately limited or void. I take this same opinion with music.... the material can only be your property until you put it out there.

You want to keep your shit as your own ?? then keep it to yourself

K

kansabis

Breeding by choice is not ethical in my opinion because it is not in the effort of overall preservation and variety. Breeding by chance and natural selection is how its done in nature. Nothing wrong with making your own creations and selling them is ok too if your open and honest about what they truly are. Humans most typically do not breed we simply reproduce and the main trait we typically would select for would be overall health,a great starting point,but in the end breeding out traits and genetics is a huge step backwards and part of our unethical view of life as humans.

K

kansabis

Well last time I took count there was over 100 of me roaming this earth so,catch us if you can lol

M

motz

The list is long Mr. right Brain. It isn't about any one person in particular....though some may rightfully take it that way. As they say..."the truth hurts".
Ain't this the truth

And LOL....I'm in a legal state and there's no driving down the street to buy clones. If there was....we wouldn't be talking about seeds and all of these "breeders".

Now that everyone wants to make their living off weed....clones are merely for hording/holding over the heads of others. LOL. The only good thing about it is that most of the clones held so tightly actually suck/aren't usually anything all that special when you finally do source them/grow them out.

No matter how hard you try, you can't get high on hype.

best of luck to all (and it's all about luck in this game)
Ain't this the truth

M

motz

Alright what's everybody think of this then.
What happens say a myth is stumbled upon and the person that found that myth got expressed written consent to breed and make f2's and sell.
What's your stand on this?

Actually went to a lawyer and got document filed.

Dunge

Dunge

Alright what's everybody think of this then.
What happens say a myth is stumbled upon and the person that found that myth got expressed written consent to breed and make f2's and sell.
What's your stand on this?

Actually went to a lawyer and got document filed.
How would such a thing be possible?
Where will the "stumbled upon myth's" pollen come from?
IME f2 is not a market seed stage.

If you are talking about simply breeding with a myth, I consider it irresponsible (inhuman) not to peruse improvements.
Written permission is a marketing document to "coat tail" on a known name and reputation.

I have a seed in testing I call AKFire.
If it ever gets so popular that the word Fire is challenged in court, I will task my team of lawyers to take care of it, and marketing to spin it.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
lmfao @ your name and avi,and although i find your posts funny you are barking up the wrong tree here ;) i think if you take the time to search around the net you will see plenty of pics that show homebrew has plenty of experience and has also earned the respect of many here.most breeders dont constantly post pics on the net because they are busy breeding and shipping beans lol.
im a huge dave chappelle fan but this aint trollitup so take that into consideration when posting trollish statements.lots of great info here.peace
Lmao theyre so mean and uneducated at troll it up

M

motz

How would such a thing be possible?
Where will the "stumbled upon myth's" pollen come from?
IME f2 is not a market seed stage.

If you are talking about simply breeding with a myth, I consider it irresponsible (inhuman) not to peruse improvements.
Written permission is a marketing document to "coat tail" on a known name and reputation.

I have a seed in testing I call AKFire.
If it ever gets so popular that the word Fire is challenged in court, I will task my team of lawyers to take care of it, and marketing to spin it.
Interested in hearing more about your akfire @Dunge

Top Bottom