Ever Seen Colas With No Visable Flowers, Just Pistils And Sparse Trichomes?

• Thread starter Buzzer777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I get my bulk seeds from Ch9. Pay about the same but for fantastic elite crosses made with seeds from the original breeders or his own hybrids made back in the 90’s with the famous plants.

Sometimes I will have 2 different looking plants of a strain but with the same buds and sometimes like yours above one will have fatter leaves and sativa looking buds and one will have thin leaves and tight indica buds.

I like the variety. I plant a different seed every week or two and put the plant in rotation. Every seed is like a new grow. Challenging but very rewarding.

Also makes me doubt the elite cut theory. As I have gotten much better results practicing with the same seeds over and over. Plenty of great plants to be found. Not just one in a thousand like the industry wants us to believe.

Of course I am using properly bred seeds. Many of the popular American seeds are simply pollen chucks or selfed clones. Really don’t know what you will get from those.
That's another new one ON ME..Just looked at their site and they are not so cheap.

I am running some Crockett gear and some Solfire gear this run..so far all look pretty nice..Have some Dragon's Flame genetics as well (Black Friday sales)
Here is a Crockett Strawberry Fields early in flower (last week)..(Strawberry Bananna x tangie)..I have 2 suspected males and if so..I will flower one to get some pollen.(the one in flower is a stinker..LOL)
The leaves were very dark green in veg, but a day or two after the flip, they turned light..Now they are getting back to normal.
IMG 1523

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

This is a Somango from grown from feminized seed. It was bought from Oaseeds as one of their Bulk seeds. She is about 55 days in (the breeder's estimate) and I can't find any flowers..just a bunch of pistils and sugars....the only trichs I see are on sugar leaves..No smell...???

I think this one will be very disappointing, since she really was a looker.
View attachment 846822 View attachment 846823 View attachment 846824
View attachment 846825
View attachment 846826 View attachment 846827

She's beautiful. You should get a good shot of that for POTM.

I'm with you on the variety train. I get bored of smoking one or two strains very quickly. This year I grew from seed and I loved the outcomes. I totally agree, 1/1000 is horse sh*t. Between the variances in three beans from a single strain and some accidental pollen contamination from a neighbor last year I got some killer plants this year. I'm crossing some that I like and making selfs to replenish some depleted beans.

How about this for wierd, almost pure leaf buds. The calyces are in there but are tiny. She's still growing even with sub-freezing temps and I harvested all my others a month ago. She didn't start flowering till 1.5mos after the others. It's an unidentified freebie in an order from Logic. If nothing more, she's been an interesting grow. Will probably harvest in a few days. This pic is a few days old. Maybe her smoke will be great, she's stinks like crazy.
20181212 150453

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

She's beautiful. You should get a good shot of that for POTM.

I'm with you on the variety train. I get bored of smoking one or two strains very quickly. This year I grew from seed and I loved the outcomes. I totally agree, 1/1000 is horse sh*t. Between the variances in three beans from a single strain and some accidental pollen contamination from a neighbor last year I got some killer plants this year. I'm crossing some that I like and making selfs to replenish some depleted beans.

How about this for wierd, almost pure leaf buds. The calyces are in there but are tiny. She's still growing even with sub-freezing temps and I harvested all my others a month ago. She didn't start flowering till 1.5mos after the others. It's an unidentified freebie in an order from Logic. If nothing more, she's been an interesting grow. Will probably harvest in a few days. This pic is a few days old. Maybe her smoke will be great, she's stinks like crazy.
View attachment 846928
That looks like my outdoor plants did last summer..I grew the exact (took clones) strains indoors..Aside from yield..the outdoor smoke was far superior in both smell and high. I grew 3 outdoors mainly to make Fresh frozen and then Rosin, but did cure some for smoke,,fantastic..Thank You Nevada..Hahahah

9 27 18 1   Copy
10 1 18 1
10 1 18
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That's another new one ON ME..Just looked at their site and they are not so cheap.

I am running some Crockett gear and some Solfire gear this run..so far all look pretty nice..Have some Dragon's Flame genetics as well (Black Friday sales)
Here is a Crockett Strawberry Fields early in flower (last week)..(Strawberry Bananna x tangie)..I have 2 suspected males and if so..I will flower one to get some pollen.(the one in flower is a stinker..LOL)
The leaves were very dark green in veg, but a day or two after the flip, they turned light..Now they are getting back to normal.
View attachment 846923

Bulk seeds link at bottom of home page or contact direct. I get emails with updates. Pete the breeder is a pen pal of mine so to speak. When I was new I contacted a bunch of breeders. He was the most helpful and generous at the time. Almost none bothered to answer me. Since then he has used some of my pics of my garden in Instagram and Facebook promotions and in his catalog. We stay in contact. He used to be carried in attitude and all the Euro banks. He has moved on. I don’t think he is competing for pack sales anymore. He just sent me pics of special olive trees he is growing. And an almond orchard. Lol. Think there is more money in almonds now that everyone has weed?

I don’t represent his company or anything. I have only ever got some free seeds or testers from old breeding stock.

He is French and living in Spain and his English is not great. It is a trip chatting with him. He was involved in Mendocino when medical was legalized in the 90’s. I think the only reason he didn’t get famous is he didn’t translate well on the forums. He posted back when Tom hill and those guys were on icmag. Brutal trolling back then between breeders. Like Instagram today. Lol.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

That looks like my outdoor plants did last summer..I grew the exact (took clones) strains indoors..Aside from yield..the outdoor smoke was far superior in both smell and high. I grew 3 outdoors mainly to make Fresh frozen and then Rosin, but did cure some for smoke,,fantastic..Thank You Nevada..Hahahah

Mainlined? Those are killer plants with excellent structure.

I mostly grow outdoor. I love it. Some of my girls were around 14' this last season. I'm on the other side of the mountains from Reno, I hear ya on the great growing weather and welcome to the legalised club. I'm just finishing up my first tent grow for breeding stock.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Mainlined? Those are killer plants with excellent structure.

I mostly grow outdoor. I love it. Some of my girls were around 14' this last season. I'm on the other side of the mountains from Reno, I hear ya on the great growing weather and welcome to the legalised club. I'm just finishing up my first tent grow for breeding stock.
Not mainlined..topped 3 or 4 times to try and limit upwards growth. (they still got to about 5.5 ft high)
This was my 1st LEGAL outdoor grow..Now I can actually CULTIVATE (10 ft from my bedroom window)..They were not supposed to be outdoor plants thus tiny cloth pots..Instead of culling them, I tossed them outdoors to see..Yikes..I was watering and feeding 5-6 times per day..LMAO..Already have 15 gallon cloth pots for this yrs grow..I can't go directly to dirt since we have clay (N. Nevada) here.

Erick31876

Erick31876

No..I used megacrop, Herc. Harvest, Ginormous PK boost and URB Natural (+ Botinacare Sweet Raw)..All my plants get about the same stuff +/-depending on strain. At this point in time, even the tip burn is normal for here (pushed on purpose)
A lot of mine have been getting like that also. I also use megacrop. Certain strains do , and certain ones dont. I only have a few runs under my belt soni thought that was normal. I never had them feel light though, they all feel tight and heavy.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

A lot of mine have been getting like that also. I also use megacrop. Certain strains do , and certain ones dont. I only have a few runs under my belt soni thought that was normal. I never had them feel light though, they all feel tight and heavy.
Been using megacrop for about 16 plants now (switched from Canna to save some $$)..NEVER saw anything like that before..I think it's the genetics..
What I have noticed is that the megacrop colas are needing support well before the Canna ones did.
This was a megacrop test!
Megacrop

Erick31876

Erick31876

Those outdoor plants are huge for that size pot. I cant get over how people can grow such huge plants in very small pots. Hopefully the state I live in will legalize soon so i can grow outdoor. Great job on them.

Erick31876

Erick31876

Been using megacrop for about 16 plants now (switched from Canna to save some $$)..NEVER saw anything like that before..I think it's the genetics..
What I have noticed is that the megacrop colas are needing support well before the Canna ones did.
This was a megacrop test!
View attachment 846949
I still actually have a little bit of the free sample left. I just ordered the 20 pound bag i think thats what it is.i noticed that also, i had to tie up all of my colas . Do you still add calmag ? It says you don't have to, but i still use a little bit maybe once a week.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Those outdoor plants are huge for that size pot. I cant get over how people can grow such huge plants in very small pots. Hopefully the state I live in will legalize soon so i can grow outdoor. Great job on them.
TY..But I would never grow in those little pots outdoors again..Too much bloody work!
This was AFTER I dumped the 3 gallon cloth pots in the slightly larger plastic ones..I needed a saw to cut the main down..LOL You can see the cloth pots within the plastic ones.
10 8 18

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I still actually have a little bit of the free sample left. I just ordered the 20 pound bag i think thats what it is.i noticed that also, i had to tie up all of my colas . Do you still add calmag ? It says you don't have to, but i still use a little bit maybe once a week.
I think it's or was 22 lbs (the best deal)..Yes, I still add Calcium in the form of Herculean Harvest from Nectar..
I was able to get 2 free samples..1x 300 grams and 1x 1000 grams. I am still working on the 1000gr sample and my 22 lb bag is in the closet. I also add Ginormous PK boost and occasionally a SMALL amount of liquid kelp (MC has it too)..I am not falling for their other products either.

Erick31876

Erick31876

TY..But I would never grow in those little pots outdoors again..Too much bloody work!
This was AFTER I dumped the 3 gallon cloth pots in the slightly larger plastic ones..I needed a saw to cut the main down..LOL You can see the cloth pots within the plastic mones.
View attachment 846950
Lol, i used those same exact plastic pots as a test of sorts to see how big i can get the plant. I did a pineapple Express and a blue dream in them. They got to be about 4 ft. Tall and extremely rootbound. I had to water them 2 or 3 times a day. I got exactly 2 ounces out of the blue dream and im still waiting for the pineapple Express to dry. I think I got more from the pineapple Express. I had to stuff bamboo plant stakes in them to hold the plants up and ended up splitting the side of the pot.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Lol, i used those same exact plastic pots as a test of sorts to see how big i can get the plant. I did a pineapple Express and a blue dream in them. They got to be about 4 ft. Tall and extremely rootbound. I had to water them 2 or 3 times a day. I got exactly 2 ounces out of the blue dream and im still waiting for the pineapple Express to dry. I think I got more from the pineapple Express. I had to stuff bamboo plant stakes in them to hold the plants up and ended up splitting the side of the pot.
Those outdoor plants were harvested, bud washed (YEP), and flash frozen, so I have no idea how much they weighed, but it was alot..LOL
I did a smallish run for fresh frozen and I love it to death..As soo as I can fix my RO setup, I will be making more! (too lazy..LMAO)
IMG 1391
IMG 1390
Fresh Frozen 12 6 18

Erick31876

Erick31876

I think it's or was 22 lbs (the best deal)..Yes, I still add Calcium in the form of Herculean Harvest from Nectar..
I was able to get 2 free samples..1x 300 grams and 1x 1000 grams. I am still working on the 1000gr sample and my 22 lb bag is in the closet. I also add Ginormous PK boost and occasionally a SMALL amount of liquid kelp (MC has it too)..I am not falling for their other products either.
I use their pk booster also. I think i got the smallest bag they had. It really goes a long way.i only use it a few times in the first few weeks of flower. I want yo get their kelp and bud sweetener and give them a try. But i still have like h as lf a botlle of molasses

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I use their pk booster also. I think i got the smallest bag they had. It really goes a long way.i only use it a few times in the first few weeks of flower. I want yo get their kelp and bud sweetener and give them a try. But i still have like h as lf a botlle of molasses
Try Kelp4less.com..I got like a gallon for $26 or so..same concentration as the pricey stuff from Nectar. Some plants OD on the Kelp, so go slowly imo.

I am still on a gallon of the OLD formula Ginormous so I am good for PK Boosters..I don't like their pricing on supplements, and had to remind them about their initial claim that the MC was all that was needed.

Erick31876

Erick31876

Those outdoor plants were harvested, bud washed (YEP), and flash frozen, so I have no idea how much they weighed, but it was alot..LOL
I did a smallish run for fresh frozen and I love it to death..As soo as I can fix my RO setup, I will be making more! (too lazy..LMAO)
View attachment 846951 View attachment 846952 View attachment 846953
You definitely got way more than me out of those pots,lol. Do you rosin press the fresh frozen , or make another concentrate from it. My girlfriend got some love resin from a dispensary when we went to California and it tasted amazing . I would love to learn how to make that

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Wait..You use your PK boost early in flower? I start with a very small and get up to 80% of maximum by week 6 before dropping down again dose..You are really feeding the soil with the bud sweetener anyway. I over did molasses once and my weed tasted like crap..Since I have switched over to the Sweet stuff .

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

You definitely got way more than me out of those pots,lol. Do you rosin press the fresh frozen , or make another concentrate from it. My girlfriend got some love resin from a dispensary when we went to California and it tasted amazing . I would love to learn how to make that
You really can't press the fresh frozen, but must make hash first! Problem is I love the taste of smoking hash and have only pressed a gram or so..I have a 10 ton press in the garage with 3x6 plates, but it's still to cold out there now, so I press with my indoor 7 ton w/ 2.5 x 6" plates (a new model). (I get a lot of presses from Dulytek for testing). I actually purchased the electric 6000 on the right..LMAO
IMG 1427
11 27 18

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Not mainlined..topped 3 or 4 times to try and limit upwards growth. (they still got to about 5.5 ft high)
This was my 1st LEGAL outdoor grow..Now I can actually CULTIVATE (10 ft from my bedroom window)..They were not supposed to be outdoor plants thus tiny cloth pots..Instead of culling them, I tossed them outdoors to see..Yikes..I was watering and feeding 5-6 times per day..LMAO..Already have 15 gallon cloth pots for this yrs grow..I can't go directly to dirt since we have clay (N. Nevada) here.

Well, you did a great job pruning. Those are fat plants. It doesn't get anymore dense than that. I've grown em big but I still haven't been able to reign em in. The whole center of the plant is a loss. I'm still working on getting that tight growth pattern like yours.

Top Bottom