Exactly That... Planning Stage.

• Thread starter zyl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zyl

zyl

Hi everybody who has taken the time to read this.

I'm a new grower who wants to produce high quality grows. (Mainly for my partner and I)
I have done a ton of research and have just started to purchase materials for a 4 Plant setup situated in a DWC Grow Room (Height 2.5 x 2m x 1.5m.)
So far I think I'll need the following:

400Watt HPS Light
4x 200mm Net Pots.
48 Liter Container for the net pots (See through... Would blacked out be better?)
Fan or Fan(s) for plants (strengthen stems?)
Air pump to run 2 airstones in the container.
Temperature / Humidity Meter
Clay Pebbles (Hydroton Grow Medium)
Humidifier?????

I plan to line the room with Reflective Insulation (The one used to build houses with)
I will have one input for fresh air (Side window) An exhaust output (hot air?) into the roof I assume I'll have to run filters on the INPUT/OUTPUT to reduce smell.

The next part I'm going to have to learn is how to maintain the plants with nutrients and water. I have a fair idea on how to do this... (PPM w/ Nuts, PH level with water(7?)) and to keep the room around 27c (celsius) but I really need some guidance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I like to work on a knowledge trade basis so anyone who is willing to help me I'd like to help back if I can. I'm a Qualified Computer Engineer and a Qualified Roof Tiler if you need a hand on ether of those subjects please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for your time.
- Zyl

Last edited:
kodiakaarom

kodiakaarom

Black pots not clear and probably a chiller or heater for your water temps. No need for filter from incoming air only exhaust.

Reactions: zyl
zyl

zyl

Thank you! Water temps is not something I have come across yet. Would I be correct in saying I want the water temperature the same as the environment they grow in? 27ish celcius

incogneato

incogneato

Welcome to the farm zyl! As far as water temp 20-21°c is the sweet spot. A little cooler is better. Full disclosure tho, I don't grow in hydro but my boy @EventHorizan does. Air temps would be roughly 21-26°c you don't want light hitting the roots so blacked out is what you want. As far as humidifier, it depends on what your ambient temp and rh is in your grow area. It may be acceptable already. I'm a newb myself so ask away and if I don't know I'll say so.

zyl

zyl

Thank's for the reply's boys!
Black Resivour it is!
Water Temp around 20 - 22c (in between both answers)
Air Temp around 21c - 26c
Water PH level around 6.7?
RH = Relative Humidity? Which is like saying humidity levels? 40?
As far as the HPS goes (still undecided if I should go LED or not) could I use the HPS throughout the whole grow? Veg to Flower?

As far as different strains go I'm thinking I will buy some guaranteed FEMALES strains (does this site supply?). Getting technical here for different strains but I'm just taking a guess? Am I using different nutrients with different levels of nutrients for different strains?

Appreciate the replys.

-Zyl

kodiakaarom

kodiakaarom

You can use use 600 hps all the way. But many use metal halide for veg then switch to hps for flowering. I use 600 all the way through but if i had the funds id use mh for veggin also. Look around at the vendors on here and pick what you want.

zyl

zyl

You can use use 600 hps all the way. But many use metal halide for veg then switch to hps for flowering. I use 600 all the way through but if i had the funds id use mh for veggin also. Look around at the vendors on here and pick what you want.
Thank you friend after a little more research last night, a 600watt seems more applicable. Going to do some research into CLF lights I'm thinking if they put out the correct lighting I want to use 200watt lights to keep the power bill down for veg state than crank out the 600 for budding (or would 600watt CLF be needed)

Just more research I'm going to have to do maybe. I plan to get this down pat before I start! Tons of YouTube videos and reading has already gone into the planning only got more to go!

Happy farming
-Zyl

incogneato

incogneato

Thank you friend after a little more research last night, a 600watt seems more applicable. Going to do some research into CLF lights I'm thinking if they put out the correct lighting I want to use 200watt lights to keep the power bill down for veg state than crank out the 600 for budding (or would 600watt CLF be needed)

Just more research I'm going to have to do maybe. I plan to get this down pat before I start! Tons of YouTube videos and reading has already gone into the planning only got more to go!

Happy farming
-Zyl
I ran cfl for veg for awhile, they will work fine if you keep em close enough and have a decent amount. Nowhere near the same as mh/HP's obviously but will get the job done.

zyl

zyl

Am I able to germinate my seedling directly in rockwool and just add water till it's big enough to run in the dwc bucket?

incogneato

incogneato

So I'd be best of using my hps light?
One thing I've learned so far is that there are a bunch of ways to grow weed. They all work, some better than others. You can ask one question, get 10 answers, and have them all be right lol. It all comes down to what will work for you. I am vegging a bunch of cuts and seedlings under 8 23 true watts of cfl right now instead of my 600w mh. I actually plan on getting a t5 for veg in a few weeks. I'll post a pic when I get home. As far as germinating seeds, same thing applies. Tons of ways. I've done shot glass, paper towel, a combination of those 2, directly in the medium(coco), right into rapid rooters...you get the point. They all work. Get the seed wet, keep the root zone warm and watch nature do its thing

zyl

zyl

I
One thing I've learned so far is that there are a bunch of ways to grow weed. They all work, some better than others. You can ask one question, get 10 answers, and have them all be right lol. It all comes down to what will work for you. I am vegging a bunch of cuts and seedlings under 8 23 true watts of cfl right now instead of my 600w mh. I actually plan on getting a t5 for veg in a few weeks. I'll post a pic when I get home. As far as germinating seeds, same thing applies. Tons of ways. I've done shot glass, paper towel, a combination of those 2, directly in the medium(coco), right into rapid rooters...you get the point. They all work. Get the seed wet, keep the root zone warm and watch nature do its thing

Thanks for the info! I just want to do this properly and not stuff around with it all. sounds like something I'm going to have to learn over time. Thought I would post some pictures of what I have got going so far... Got the netpots/bucket and my air pump. Just waiting on the air bubblers and temp/humid gauge. Picking up my 600W HPS next weekend :)

Then time to start learning about nutrients and water environment to make conditions optimal :)
Then I want to learn the SCROG method for best yields.

Will just have to be trial and error with growing the little seedling and transplanting it into the bucket.. shouldn't be too hard I'd hope :)

Image1
Image2
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Buddy no matter how much info we as a farm collective can give you it still boils down to the plants traits there all different and even then it's the indervidual plant of the same type will grow slightly different as well my best advice and I'm new to indoor but many years outdoors , grow one strain not multiple strains and learn its habits and faults ,my Horticultrue teacher always said let your plant tell you it's story the leaves are its book learn to read and understand what it's saying to you . Best of luck in your grows .

zyl

zyl

Thank you OneDrop! I'm hoping to find a strain that will come with a guide. I'll also look out for a book on how to read plants visually and how to inspect problems. I guess this is all stuff ill learn over time!

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I'm sure you will I'm pretty sure there's a thread with a leaf chart with all the element problems to give you a visual guide .

Top Bottom