Exhale Homegrown CO2

• Thread starter calicoli
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

Do all the math you want, if you don't have a sealed room or co2 enhancement at all the Exhale bags DO help. Seen them improve growth in several grows now. Not near the 1000ppm range i'd like but there is definitely some improvement vs. pre bags.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Was given to simliar products to these to try out by local hydro stores.......They do indeed work! they're not snake oil; however the price on them can be steep in some places so judge based on price; i will say tho they will give you bigger bud versus not using any c02 enhancement, however not nearly as much as a tank. Me bein a guy that runs all organic no co2 though, i'll tell ya i definatly saw an improvement; also you can refill the bag or buckets on your own for the cheap. you can also build your own giant co2 tank that use the same proccess on a much larger scale lol.........it's fun if you got to much time on your hands.......take it easy

squiggly

squiggly

Do all the math you want, if you don't have a sealed room or co2 enhancement at all the Exhale bags DO help. Seen them improve growth in several grows now. Not near the 1000ppm range i'd like but there is definitely some improvement vs. pre bags.

I think that goes without saying, every little bit counts. To say that additional CO2 won't aid growth would be totally wrong.

Snake oil is something which doesn't deliver on the claim it makes. This stuff claims to make more CO2 than it possibly can and thus it IS snake oil--even if it is otherwise beneficial.

Certainly using it is better than not using it, but the company is disingenuous about HOW MUCH better it is. The purpose of the math was to demonstrate that, not to say the stuff is totally useless.

true grit

true grit

well thats why i said screw the math, snake oil means you they don't work. they do. numerous growers i know are very happy with the bags, so i wouldn't discredit them at all. get some bags if ya feel the need, if you wanna seal up your room and put in a tank/burner, obviously you are in a different market than $25 bags.

squiggly

squiggly

well thats why i said screw the math, snake oil means you they don't work. they do. numerous growers i know are very happy with the bags, so i wouldn't discredit them at all. get some bags if ya feel the need, if you wanna seal up your room and put in a tank/burner, obviously you are in a different market than $25 bags.

We disagree on what snake oil means I suppose--but yes they do "work", just not how they say they will. I agree its better to use them than not to and that the cost is probably worth it.

C

Cannagods

Did you break up the contents of the bag.
Dont waste your time on this product. We got 2 Exhale bags and stuck them in a 2x4 tent for 24 hours, all zipped up tight with no plants or anything in the tent. Just an empty tent with a CO2 controller measuring the amount of Co2 these things give off.

The Co2 never made it past 500ppm.... and that was in a tiny sealed tent, with nothing inside of it. If plants were in there, they'd probably have suffocated due to a lack of Co2.

Horrible product!!!

true grit

true grit

We disagree on what snake oil means I suppose--but yes they do "work", just not how they say they will. I agree its better to use them than not to and that the cost is probably worth it.

Have you tried them in your grow? If not, id probably limit comments on how well they work. Guess thats my overall point with folks in this thread talking about em not working. Its one thing to try something, actually use enough and deter folks from using a product. its another thing to not have any experience at all with them and deter people from trying them.

squiggly

squiggly

Have you tried them in your grow? If not, id probably limit comments on how well they work. Guess thats my overall point with folks in this thread talking about em not working. Its one thing to try something, actually use enough and deter folks from using a product. its another thing to not have any experience at all with them and deter people from trying them.

I'm stating facts and nothing more.

Physically it cannot produce the amount of CO2 it claims to. Not possible. This would be like trying to take five of something and three of something and make two hundred of them. Unless they are called Jesus CO2 bags I'm doubting it will happen.

That isn't a deterrent unless someone takes it that way. It's a statement of fact. FWIW, yes I have used them before as I work on a smaller scale. I noticed a tiny improvement.

M

MI_MMMP_420

I have used Co2 bags for all most 3 years of growing and they work...but you need a few of them. Right now i got 5 in my flower room and its n a 8x8 just added them. So growing with them and with out there is a huge increase in yield from what I have seen

P

Pixynikki

I'm on my 3rd grow:) so I'm not super experienced. I used Exhale in my first 2 grow and I'm guessing they worked but I didn't have a Co2 meter to track the output. I have recently switched to MyCo2 Bags. To be honest I switched since my boyfriend loves mushrooms and these bags supposedly grow oyster mushrooms after they are done producing co2. I also purchased a co2 meter and the outputs are anywhere from 760-1300ppm but like I said I have no numbers to compare the Exhale so I couldn't tell you if these are putting out more ppms. They have two parts that you mix together, a white part and a brown part then the white started to spread and thats when I started getting co2 readings. I like the bags because you don't need any other equipment:)

Max Frost

Max Frost

I'm using the Refresh bags currently, and I think they help. I'm in agreement with Squig that they do not produce as much as they claim...but hey...our whole American way of life is founded on that kind of shit! Most products are way over-hyped! It's sad, but it's the way of the free market, so let the buyer beware!

Having said that...I DO think they help, and they are certainly low maintenance! My guy at the grow store offered to let me try them, and if I didn't like them he'd give me full credit. I figured I couldn't lose with that deal. I'm currently using 3 bags. My tent is 3' x 4-1/2', but stays open most of the time. I have the tent in a closed off (not sealed) 10' x 10' room. The way I use mine is to place them in front of the grow, with fans in front of the "valve" blowing the CO2 directly on the plants. I feel they get more this way instead of just letting it precipitate to the floor (where it's not good for the roots). They are clearly not in the same league with tanks/regulators, however for the small grower that has neither the resources or inclination to use tanks, I think they're worth a try. Just my $.02..

greenthumb

greenthumb

I am just learning about indoor growing, so I appreciate all the info in this forum!!!
Just trying to grow my own medicine, and not pay outrageous retail prices! just 4-5 plants for personal use. I used to grow great pot plants outdoors way back when, they were happier and healthier than anything I have grown indoors, but that's not practical now. I am so glad that some of you think that these bags and buckets work at least to a certain extent..... I will try them because the last time I tried to grow indoors without CO2, the plants were rather emaciated, and I gave up. And CO2 tanks and timers seem too complicated and pricey for a tiny garden.

I have two questions for you experienced indoor growers:
1. I thought that plants should only be given CO2 during light hours and not in the dark...
Is there a way to turn off these bags or buckets at night during the dark cycle?

2. I also had this wild idea that burning some incense inside the grow area might also be a way to introduce some CO2........ Has anyone tried this homemade method of creating CO2?? It would be cheaper than the bags even.

Max Frost

Max Frost

I am just learning about indoor growing, so I appreciate all the info in this forum!!!
Just trying to grow my own medicine, and not pay outrageous retail prices! just 4-5 plants for personal use. I used to grow great pot plants outdoors way back when, they were happier and healthier than anything I have grown indoors, but that's not practical now. I am so glad that some of you think that these bags and buckets work at least to a certain extent..... I will try them because the last time I tried to grow indoors without CO2, the plants were rather emaciated, and I gave up. And CO2 tanks and timers seem too complicated and pricey for a tiny garden.

I have two questions for you experienced indoor growers:
. I thought that plants should only be given CO2 during light hours and not in the dark...
Is there a way to turn off these bags or buckets at night during the dark cycle?

2. I also had this wild idea that burning some incense inside the grow area might also be a way to introduce some CO2........ Has anyone tried this homemade method of creating CO2?? It would be cheaper than the bags even.

Greetings bro and welcome to the Farm! You're certainly at the right place. You can learn just about anything you want to if it has to do with growing here. There are some amazing, talented and skilled growers here! As for your questions...

1. You are correct. Plants do not utilize the Co2 in the same way during dark. They actually take in O2 and give off CO2 during dark. During lights on, this process reverses. While CO2 is not good for plant roots, the CO2 from the Exhale bags will not hurt the plants. They really don't give off enough to get high enough concentrations, in my opinion to damage anything. I do think they help some, but primarily in small grows where tanks are just not possible or practical.

2. Haven't tried it, but I doubt it would be good for your plants. Your plants breathe through the stomata on their leaves. It has long been known that smoke of any kind isn't good for plants. I've known some newbie growers who did not know any better, that used to blow MJ smoke on their plants thinking it would help them in some way! It doesn't! Smoke of any kind will clog the stomata and hurt the plant in it's transpiration.

If you're just getting started on indoor, I doubt the lack of CO2 was to blame for any problems you saw. There is more that sufficient CO2 in the atmosphere for good growth. Unless you just had very poor air exchange, I'd say your problems came from elsewhere. Get the basics down first... temps, air exchange, humidity, light, watering schedule, etc., and don't spend time worrying abut CO2 supplementation until later when you're trying to increase yields from good to great! There is great info and tutorials here on getting started and on the basics. Dig in...there's lots to be digested. Feel free to hit me up anytime I can be of assistance. Best, -Max

greenthumb

greenthumb

Thank you Max!
What I am working with here is a small space with no windows, so there is no real ventilation except a fan —(How often are you supposed to run the fan?)
The window is downstairs and not much air reaches up here in the loft. Maybe that was the problem in the past...?
I used 4 florescent lights, maybe they didn't get enough light.....?
Also I was impatient at times and smoked some buds before harvest. They were actually decent strong smoke, but the plants did not look happy, and the yield was minimal.

There is nothing I can do about the lack of air in this space, that's why I gave up before, and if that is the main problem then I guess I can't grow here.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Bro.

Max Frost

Max Frost

What are the temperatures in the space? You'll need to know the high, low and average temps for all seasons. Yeah, it's hard trying to flower with floros. They just don't have the intensity to give you well-structured buds. floro buds are usually loose and airy. I hear ya on being impatient, but this is a hobby that demands patience! You either have to develop it, or get used to not having a top-quality productive garden.

Shamus

Shamus

ive noticed the bags work better and put our more co2when on a germ heat mat. if you just sit them in the dark on a cold floor in a tent they arent gonna do shit. they need to be warm

Max Frost

Max Frost

ive noticed the bags work better and put our more co2when on a germ heat mat. if you just sit them in the dark on a cold floor in a tent they arent gonna do shit. they need to be warm

Good tip bro! Thanks!

tweedy

tweedy

When I used them in the past I would put them on top of my hoods with a paper bag over it. The co2 will still come out and fall but the bag protects it from excess light.

tweedy

tweedy

Also, to anyone who is wondering you can use the bags to start a new medium. Storage totes of the stuff hooked up to a fan/co2 controller and you'd have a never ending supply of co2.

Top Bottom