Exhale Homegrown CO2

• Thread starter calicoli
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Max Frost

Max Frost

Also, to anyone who is wondering you can use the bags to start a new medium. Storage totes of the stuff hooked up to a fan/co2 controller and you'd have a never ending supply of co2.

I'm not getting what you mean by this. can you please expand on this? Are you saying you can start a fresh supply of co2 from the old bags?

Shamus

Shamus

Also, to anyone who is wondering you can use the bags to start a new medium. Storage totes of the stuff hooked up to a fan/co2 controller and you'd have a never ending supply of co2.
would u have to colonize them in sterile conditions? what medium would be best? would it be like a monotub of CO2 goodness?

tweedy

tweedy

would u have to colonize them in sterile conditions? what medium would be best? would it be like a monotub of CO2 goodness?
Yes, you would have to treat it like you were playing with any kind of Fungi you were trying to isolate. Clean box and the works but its totally possible. The only thing you would need to make sure of is that it had a constant pressure out and a good deal/filter in or else it'd risk contamination. That is the purpose of those one way patches on the actual bags.

tweedy

tweedy

I'm not getting what you mean by this. can you please expand on this? Are you saying you can start a fresh supply of co2 from the old bags?
Yes, you just have to do it in sterile conditions and inoculate a new medium (look up preferred mediums for mycelium production).

greenthumb

greenthumb

Max said: <<What are the temperatures in the space? You'll need to know the high, low and average temps for all seasons. Yeah, it's hard trying to flower with floros. They just don't have the intensity to give you well-structured buds. floro buds are usually loose and airy. I hear ya on being impatient, but this is a hobby that demands patience! You either have to develop it, or get used to not having a top-quality productive garden.>>

I'll have to pay more attention to temperature up there.
**So you think it was the lights and not the lack of fresh air ** or CO2............ (Also, I guess it's better to be patient and let all the buds grow until harvest.)

I guess I'm afraid of stronger lights, they might be a fire hazard, too close to bedroom. Any floros that would be a bit better? maybe wide spectrum ones? Or more of them?

Thank you!

K

kushykush

I am about to try these bags for the first time. I have been growing quite a long time and I have actually never used CO2 (I know, crazy right?). I use several 4x4 tents and was going to try a few bags per each. Now do I still run my same ventilation as normal? I run 2 x 4 inch vortex fans in one and a 6 inch in the other and I keep my exhaust going 24 hours. I feel it is much more effective in odor control, rather than that first 15 minutes of when you fire it up after lights off and it tends to smell. I have monster reflectors (27x36) so should it be hung above or below the reflector?

J

Jordan360

Dont waste your time on this product. We got 2 Exhale bags and stuck them in a 2x4 tent for 24 hours, all zipped up tight with no plants or anything in the tent. Just an empty tent with a CO2 controller measuring the amount of Co2 these things give off.

The Co2 never made it past 500ppm.... and that was in a tiny sealed tent, with nothing inside of it. If plants were in there, they'd probably have suffocated due to a lack of Co2.

Horrible product!!!

These bags totally work.. If you researched them properly before you did your test you would know these bags work best in cycle based on the fact that they absorb the oxygen admitted by the plants you would have in your grow room/tent and release co2 as a waste product in the same way human lungs do in that when we breath we absorb oxygen and breath back out co2 . So the more oxygen in the environment they are in the more efficiently the bags work.

So I am not surprised that when you did your test with these bags in a zipped up tent with no plants so no constant oxygen source they barely made a difference.

Max Frost

Max Frost

These bags totally work.. If you researched them properly before you did your test you would know these bags work best in cycle based on the fact that they absorb the oxygen admitted by the plants you would have in your grow room/tent and release co2 as a waste product in the same way human lungs do in that when we breath we absorb oxygen and breath back out co2 . So the more oxygen in the environment they are in the more efficiently the bags work.

So I am not surprised that when you did your test with these bags in a zipped up tent with no plants so no constant oxygen source they barely made a difference.

So, are you saying with plants in the tent the CO2 level would have been higher?

I am about to try these bags for the first time. I have been growing quite a long time and I have actually never used CO2 (I know, crazy right?). I use several 4x4 tents and was going to try a few bags per each. Now do I still run my same ventilation as normal? I run 2 x 4 inch vortex fans in one and a 6 inch in the other and I keep my exhaust going 24 hours. I feel it is much more effective in odor control, rather than that first 15 minutes of when you fire it up after lights off and it tends to smell. I have monster reflectors (27x36) so should it be hung above or below the reflector?

IMO, if you run your exhaust continuously, trying to give CO2 to your plants is like trying to hit a gnat in the ass with a BB gun! You're pumping out the CO2 faster than your plants can use it. I really think the use of CO2 is over-rated anyway UNLESS you've got everything else dialed in first. Most people will benefit more from dialing in their environment/temps/water supply/feeding schedule than from adding CO2. You also need to run your temps hotter to take full advantage of it too, so that will require some "re-dialing".

If you are going to run CO2 supplementation, about the best thing would be to rig your exhaust fan(s) up to a thermostat and just let them kick on long enough to exhaust the hot air as it heats up. This way the CO2 may have a chance to build up to more beneficial levels before being exhausted out.

I found this site which talks about growing with CFL lights.

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/grow-lighting/111680-cfl-light-tutorial.html

Oh sure..you CAN flower under floros and get a decent harvest! I've seen some nice pics of buds grown under T-5 floros! The key is to bush your plants out and go "wide" instead of tall. The floros don't penetrate very well, but you can harvest some very decent meds using them! Run a Google or You Tube search and you'll find some impressive floro grows. Best to all! -Max

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

IMAG0442
IMAG0441

S

sweetolmaryjane

Dont waste your time on this product. We got 2 Exhale bags and stuck them in a 2x4 tent for 24 hours, all zipped up tight with no plants or anything in the tent. Just an empty tent with a CO2 controller measuring the amount of Co2 these things give off.

The Co2 never made it past 500ppm.... and that was in a tiny sealed tent, with nothing inside of it. If plants were in there, they'd probably have suffocated due to a lack of Co2.

Horrible product!!!
I just watched a video on youtube of a guy using 2 bags in a 4x4 room with the camera on the c02 reader the whole time and it climbed over 1200 ppm in just minutes.

C

choke you

Going to pick up a couple of these bags for a sealed 5x5 tent grow. I've always grew in the summer so pulling fresh air in from outside was the easiest way but now it's -20 so I need co2. Was going to get a burner but think it would work better in a bigger space. I hope these bags do the trick.

Top Bottom