Experienced Grower Needs Quick Opinion!

• Thread starter MCPotential
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MCPotential

Whats a mole chaser ?? @123grow and did you find that that they were moles or gophers or voles? My plants seem to be hanging in there but I feel like 1 morning I'm going to wake up to find my plant on its side or just dying standing with no root ball, this Is becoming a joke...I'm thinking of sitting outside with my 22 rifle again and looking rounds where an when needed....or poison eek sorry to the humanitarians

M

MCPotential

Another extremely annoying part of this situation is waste of nuitrients, and I know I have light leaks in my soul now which seems to increased fungi Gnats and hopefully not going to result in rootrot, I've been hitting everything with plant doctor and z7 as well as the occasional peroxide water blend to keep fungi Gnats at bay

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Castor oil keeps those bastards away, spray into closest mound but not on your plant. I don’t know how it will react to the feedings. But it’s an effective deterren. Coffee ground works as well but it attracts fungus knats.
But best measure is to trap them. Only effective way to get rid of them.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Whats a mole chaser ?? @123grow and did you find that that they were moles or gophers or voles? My plants seem to be hanging in there but I feel like 1 morning I'm going to wake up to find my plant on its side or just dying standing with no root ball, this Is becoming a joke...I'm thinking of sitting outside with my 22 rifle again and looking rounds where an when needed....or poison eek sorry to the humanitarians
It’s like a sonic vibrating thing you stick in the ground , it emits sounds randomly. Works for a bit and then they adapt.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Yeah we may have a combination of moles and voles here in Oregon so tonight I have out 25 mouse traps and 4 moles traps, shits getting real
It’s about to be the Elmer Fudd experience now! Be vewy vewy quite, eeer I’m hunting voles..@lol

M

MCPotential

[QUOTE="MCPotentialif I still have issues in the morning I will be going to depcon 3 which is the hose from exhaust pipe let vehicle run for 30 min. Anyone tried this

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
[QUOTE="MCPotentialif I still have issues in the morning I will be going to depcon 3 which is the hose from exhaust pipe let vehicle run for 30 min. Anyone tried this
Well the draw back is that you never know how far and where those tunnels are and may potentially poison your house or the neighbors!but many have done this . I say trap them bro, safer then poisonous gases killing someone

Last edited:
M

MCPotential

Well the draw back is that you never know how far and where those tunnels are and my potentially poison your house or the neighbors!but many have done this . I say trap them bro, safer then poisonous gases killing someone

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I wonder if the carbon monoxide out kill my root system with the exhaust, they actually sell kits at ace hardware....
They will damage the root system, remember the roots breathe and needs oxygenated soil, imagine what the monoxide does? It deperives area tissue /soil of oxygen. So it may potentially kill or damage your plants which is so close To finishing. Plus it may potentially inject some shit into your plant tissue that is producing flowers that you will be smoking. Usually it’s great for lawns as you ain’t injesting or smoking. So safe for that but for a plant you will be using. I’d say bro why risk it

123grow

Technically I can't say for sure if its a mole or vole in the patch but Moles and Gophers are everywhere else on the property. Even on the hill out back where the fire was, you see all burnt weeds and trees on the ground then there's mounds of dirt everywhere. Then we have the ground squirrels, you aint seen anything till you see these fuckers. They are everywhere with holes in the ground the size of a softball or bigger! They make holes all around the entire outside of the house, under the deck, under the house and driveway and walk ways. They even dig in the plants, just havent done any damage there yet. They've actually made big holes to go under the boxes where the plants are though. Theres HUNDREDS of the squirrels in the orchard and all around the yard. ~Julie

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

For those of you that have been anticipated I'm happy to tell you i hold in my possession proof. See pics. I think that's vole or field mouse, regardless I'm gonna smoke them to death....for ever

Called it. If it has very large ears, and long back legs, and a tuft on the end of the tail it's a Vole. It sure looks like a Vole. I see the tuft and the ears look right. They will climb into my truck windows at night if I have pack of crumb donuts or come into my trailer to drink out of the toilet. They not only burrow but they can jump about 1.5' and are extreme climbers.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Technically I can't say for sure if its a mole or vole in the patch but Moles and Gophers are everywhere else on the property. Even on the hill out back where the fire was, you see all burnt weeds and trees on the ground then there's mounds of dirt everywhere. Then we have the ground squirrels, you aint seen anything till you see these fuckers. They are everywhere with holes in the ground the size of a softball or bigger! They make holes all around the entire outside of the house, under the deck, under the house and driveway and walk ways. They even dig in the plants, just havent done any damage there yet. They've actually made big holes to go under the boxes where the plants are though. Theres HUNDREDS of the squirrels in the orchard and all around the yard. ~Julie

It has a tail, not a mole.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Vole
Bank vole

Mole
Images 2

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Wire mousetraps and sticky traps will catch a vole, bait with peanut butter. I usually catch em around 1-2am. Those little bastard will go through fire for sugared coconut but it's hard to bait traps with.

M

MCPotential

Thanks guys, I have voles and meadow mice!!! They took over the tunnels from mole and took it over heavy, I got some wire poison I just put out everywhere lol fuck a shrew, fuck a vole, fuck a rat it's all dead and plants shouldn't take too much a hit I'll keep yal updated

123grow

Yep the ones we have are Moles. The dog gets them occasionally. They have the cute little hands and feet. lol The squirrels our dog usually kills on a daily basis, sometimes 5 but not nearly enough. I think for every one she kills 5 more appear. lol Oh and she doesn't eat them she catches them then shakes the hell out of them till they don't move then moves on to looking for more. She waits by my chickens, since squirrels love eating the chickens food. ~Julie

Top Bottom