Experienced Grower Needs Quick Opinion!

• Thread starter MCPotential
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yep the ones we have are Moles. The dog gets them occasionally. They have the cute little hands and feet. lol The squirrels our dog usually kills on a daily basis, sometimes 5 but not nearly enough. I think for every one she kills 5 more appear. lol Oh and she doesn't eat them she catches them then shakes the hell out of them till they don't move then moves on to looking for more. She waits by my chickens, since squirrels love eating the chickens food. ~Julie

Good dog. I had a bada$$ little terrier when I was a kid. He dug up moles and gophers along with killing several lb river/warf rats. The river rats were more than half his sise. Man, those were real fights!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I just found this picture on Lemiwinx Snapchat, the rodents caption said "totes full...laxin after eating up McPotentials Strawberry Banana Kush roots, rat out..."

That one does look like a mole, if that's it's nose to the right. Sheesh, you got em all.

123grow

This is the mole chaser I have inside one of the pools. ~The other pictures show what the moles are doing around the outside of the boxes of the plants. ~Julie

Screenshot 2018 09 07 76 unread   julienascarno88 sbcglobal net   att net Mail
Screenshot 2018 09 07 76 unread   julienascarno88 sbcglobal net   att net Mail1
Screenshot 2018 09 07 76 unread   julienascarno88 sbcglobal net   att net Mail2
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

This is the mole chaser I have inside one of the pools. ~The other pictures show what the moles are doing around the outside of the boxes of the plants. ~Julie

When I've done raised beds in the past, we'd put down wire mesh under the box frame. I don't know if that'll help with your future grows but I don't remember moles digging very deep. So if you dig a footing a foot or so deep and lined it with wire mesh then built the planter above, it's possible you could keep them from causing runaway drainage. Sorry that doesn't help with your current grow.

123grow

When I've done raised beds in the past, we'd put down wire mesh under the box frame. I don't know if that'll help with your future grows but I don't remember moles digging very deep. So if you dig a footing a foot or so deep and lined it with wire mesh then built the planter above, it's possible you could keep them from causing runaway drainage. Sorry that doesn't help with your current grow.
We put chicken wire in the boxes, sometimes it would get caught in the rotatiller the following grow. Also the chicken wire was in 2 strips and we thought maybe the moles were going between the pieces even though there over lapped, so we zip tied them together. Well then again another grow goes by and we bought some New rolls of chicken wire and re did the boxes only to realize that, DUH.. the holes are too big in the chicken wire, moles go right through. So another lesson learned. lol Next grow we should have it right. lol ~Julie

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
We put chicken wire in the boxes, sometimes it would get caught in the rotatiller the following grow. Also the chicken wire was in 2 strips and we thought maybe the moles were going between the pieces even though there over lapped, so we zip tied them together. Well then again another grow goes by and we bought some New rolls of chicken wire and re did the boxes only to realize that, DUH.. the holes are too big in the chicken wire, moles go right through. So another lesson learned. lol Next grow we should have it right. lol ~Julie
I use a 1/4” mesh on my outdoor grow

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Had that happen too. Didn't realise how tiny the moles were.

Top Bottom