Extending Veg Cycle

• Thread starter Natureboy43
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Natureboy43

Natureboy43

i have a blue dream that i put in the ground mid to late june and wanted to continue veg longer than the natural cycle. The natural cycle shows first blooms from 20 July to 5 August. I put led grow lights on timer that kept the plant awake for 18 hours/day. I pulled the lights on 23 August. It began flower branching right away and began blooming about 2 September.

I was expecting a longer transition period. I thought about 3 weeks instead of 9-10 days. Do any of you guys have experience using lights outside to extend the veg cycle? Is 10 days what i can expect in the future or is this blooming faster than average. My goal was a larger plant before flowering began. My first frost and for that matter, first fall rain is probably in early December.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Just let it go now or you'll start confusing the hell out of her. If you didntd get the light back on her before she started trigging then you've already slowed her down imo.

Natureboy43

Natureboy43

Just let it go now or you'll start confusing the hell out of her. If you didntd get the light back on her before she started trigging then you've already slowed her down imo.
I don't plan on putting lights back on. I was just surprised that the plant flowered so early after withdrawing the lights. Is less than a week and a half after pulling the lights normal? If it is normal, I will remember that the next time I do this again. Today is Sep 4th, from this day, I can generally count on having about 3 months of frost free weather. If I did not put lights on, I would be a month into flower and done by the first of October just like her sisters. That wastes about 2 months of growing weather. So I am trying to use lights to extend my growing season for a better yield.

123grow

I agree with what caliRooted said.. and Its what it is, mother nature is in charge now. The plants still grow when in the blooming stage. Good luck~ Julie

Top Bottom