Extracting With Orange/ Lemon Peels

• Thread starter Mr SG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr SG

When extracting and adding orange or lemon peels to the column to add terpenes to the end extract, do you freeze or dry the zest before putting it in your machine? How many oranges or lemons do you add per extraction? I have a 2lb column. Thanks

M

Mr SG

orange and lemons have nature terps in them like weed and about all other naturl things. seeing if the water in the zest would make a problem. u can also add fake terps to your hash oil since its an oil just mix it in. some of the bad epen companys do that to bad wax. but the fake terps are cancerous so ying and yang. you can thing yous terps as medic as like aroma therapy idea. fake terps increase the high. but give me a more dizzy feel. I personal don't like them. but check them out. http://extractconsultants.com/. putting it in you bong water is my fav. I bless my out of state honey com with it like holy water they love it.

Last edited:
Graywolf

Graywolf

orange and lemons have nature terps in them like weed and about all other naturl things. seeing if the water in the zest would make a problem. u can also add fake terps to your hash oil since its an oil just mix it in. some of the bad epen companys do that to bad wax. but the fake terps are cancerous so ying and yang. you can thing yous terps as medic as like aroma therapy idea. fake terps increase the high. but give me a more dizzy feel. I personal don't like them. but check them out. http://extractconsultants.com/. putting it in you bong water is my fav. I bless my out of state honey com with it like holy water they love it.

Cannabis shares mono and sesquiterpenes with the rest of the plant world, including d Limonene, but there are subtle differences in ostensibly the same terpene, from different plants, and those differences are primarily differences in minor fractions.

As noted, there are also differences between synthetic and natural terpenes, because terpenes come in right or left hand, and synthetics are typically a mixture of both right and left hand molecules. Identical right and left handed terpenes are as different as dill and peppermint.

Even natural essential oils come from a variety of sources world wide, some under conditions that are of health concern, so it is important that your source of natural essential oils/terpenes be scrutinized closely.

As noted by MSG, Max at http://extractconsultants.com/ distributes terpenes and essential oils from a certified reliable source, as does Robert at http://essentialoil.com/.

My personal dealings with Mr Extractor leave me eschewing his products and services, and my recommendation is that ya'll do the same. Not only is he not in the same universe as the two above sources whom have made essential oils their life's work, but Drew and I don't agree on key issues of product and consumer safety.

To the original question, some of the lighter fractions are lost in drying, but d Limonene's C10H16 monoterpene molecule is a hydrocarbon melting at -74C/-102F and boils at 176C/349F, so it mostly sticks around when the water leaves.

I say mostly, because walking into a room full or oranges clearly points out that it is an aromatic that sublimates away at room temperature.

It is also routinely extracted using saturated steam, which brings us to another point, which is that the C-10 mono and C-15 sesqui terpenes in cannabis have been harvested for over a hundred years using saturated steam. Typically , though the diterpene require higher temperature, so it isn't used to extract C-21 (phenolic terpenoid) cannabinoids

I know of one source who tumbled their material to collect kif for solvent extraction, and then steam extracted the mono and sesquiterpenes remaining, for reintroduction to the concentrate.

We experimented some with adding both a handful of Douglas Fir needles, as well as a couple of dried orange peels to a 150 gram column, and definitely could taste the influence.

Most of our research following that, was to learn to preserve the natural terpenes, which have a more natural flavor.

Graywolf

Graywolf

On another subject, I note that there is a movement to utilize the lower grade oils, by fractionally distilling them into clear, and then adding terpenes for aroma and flavor. A lot of cart manufactures moving that way.

P

progeny-prodigy

of all the good reasons not to do this id say the main one is that ur sacrificing space that could be packed with trim to get basically just limonene and if u really want that buy it pure online and add it in after.
not that im encouriging that just saying its a smarter way of doin that dumb thing

Latest posts

Top Bottom