Extraction Advise??

• Thread starter Lukeypoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lukeypoo

Soo Im midway through building my new grow area.
Im building two identical cabinets 2x5x6ft
Originaly I was going to buy a 8" fan to pull the air from both rooms, having the 8" fan outside the rooms and having the scrubber in flower and a pipe to the veg room (passive intake in the veg room too) So I'm theory when the fan is pulling air it would pull from both room then pull fresh air from veg to flower. This was also going to be hooked up to a thermostatic controller to increase/decrease airflow based on thr temp of the room
Given the different lights being used and light cycles this doesn't seem as ideal anymore..
Fyi flowering is cobs and veg is t5

I'm not thinking of getting two identical 4" fans and running them independently (with separate thermo speed controllers) I'll also add a passive intake to the flower room should I do it this way. The only thing they'll share is the exhaust pipe leaving the grow area..

If I've done the math properly I only need to move 79.8cfm and the 4" fan can move 175cfm

What would you do, and why? If there's anything I'm missing or of there's a better way I'm happy to hear it. Cheers bros

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

I think it may work for pulling hot air out of both cabinets. You may need to rethink how you're getting fresh air into both cabinets though. For sure have passive intakes in both tents from outside and some fans running.

L

Lukeypoo

Yeah man, i cant have a passive intake to both cabs if I use the single 8" fan I think
Again in theory If I have the air being sucked from the flower room first then added a passive intake to the flower cab it would simply just pull and replace air from the flower room.. My other option if I was to keep the 8" fan could be a secondary 4" fan sucking air out of veg and blowing it into flower? But this would allow passive intakes both sides. But doing that I don't really need to be running such a large fan to start with

K

kansabis

Passive intake on both cabs,carbon filter in flower with fan pulling air thru filter into veg side then a fan in veg for exhaust,neither need to be much,prolly a 4in for both would work. Just my opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom