Extreme Lst Method

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PassTheJ

So i used to bend metal wire into hooks and anchor them over stressed stems.. It's a good method that alot of growers use. Unfortunately there's some setbacks like accidentally destroying the roots as you shove the hooks into the ground, controlling the direction of the stem without snapping it, keeping the wire inside the soil as the the branch begins to pull upward.

This is my new method. I think its amazing. 2 cloth pins and some rope.. Allows for better positioning of stems. No damage to roots. Branches stay in place 100%.

I can't stress how easy LST becomes and how much more accuracy and direction you gain. I recommend everyone to try it.

The pictures don't do it justice. I'll post a few more later. These are 2 foot stems easily separated and stressed to the max in the direction I choose and I can easily re-position any stem..

Extreme lst method
Extreme lst method 2
Extreme lst method 3
Extreme lst method 4

P

PassTheJ

I use screws at the outer edge of my pots

View attachment 788798

View attachment 788799

I like the nail idea. I wanted 2 do something like that innitially but I hate using the twists and knotting strings around stems isn't productive. Cloth pins provide just enough pressure to hold without clamping and you can clamp then to other stems and have total control of your formation. Give it a whirl.. I think you'll end up falling in love with this method once you see how much versatility you gain.

P

PassTheJ

Side note: Once your branches get really hard, you risk them from splitting with the main stem from LST. If that happens, don't try to tie them together. Instead use a 1 ml eye drop to push a cloning gel into the split like resin into split wood.. it actually protects and feeds the stem and branch until it knuckles.

Toaster79

Toaster79

You mean like this?

20180312 003413

Put some honey on it and tape it with electrical tape. Much cheaper

P

PassTheJ

You mean like this?

View attachment 788822

Put some honey on it and tape it with electrical tape. Much cheaper

DO YOU KNOW HOW EXPENISVE HONEY IS? Lol.. Taping defeats the purpose of stressing. If it splits while you pull, then cloning gel allows the stem to stay stressed and protected and fed..

Dude, I love how all your plants have V splits. So geometrically satisfying. I clone my during flowering so they grow all crazy and I could never get that. I usually have 4 or 5 main stems so I supercrop and LST on week 3 and week 6 and flower week 9. They end up looking all crazy and abstract but I'm getting 5-7 oz per..

Toaster79

Toaster79

Tape prevents pathogens entering the wound.

I train them as they grow, not time related. Start toping when they grow 5th node and cut at 3rd and so on. I like them to take shape before flowering is induced so there's as little stress as possible once flowering starts. This run the bigger plants are mainlined for 4 mains smaller for 2.

20180329 002413

Top Bottom