F##k Pics Or It Didn't Happen!

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
dan1989

dan1989

So apparently even with GPS turned off, it's still possible that someone can get the location of where a picture was taken. Supposedly. Geotag, and some other techno term I can't remember. I don't know much about this shit but scared the hell out of me! I ain't posting pics of the sky unless someone can convince me that what I just said is BS. Hopefully it is. Not that I would ever grow of course, it's illegal in U.K ;)

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
So apparently even with GPS turned off, it's still possible that someone can get the location of where a picture was taken. Supposedly. Geotag, and some other techno term I can't remember. I don't know much about this shit but scared the hell out of me! I ain't posting pics of the sky unless someone can convince me that what I just said is BS. Hopefully it is. Not that I would ever grow of course, it's illegal in U.K ;)
This site scrubbs pics mate ask @logic . ive posted pics here for ever

Perception

Perception

These GPS coordinates on photos is called "EXIF" data. Most cell phones and cameras (that have GPS) have it turned on by default, so you need to disable it. But once you do that, you should be good to go. I don't think it can be traced without this data.

The good news is that you can check your photos yourself to verify that it has been turned off. I have several secret morel & bolete mushroom foraging spots that I want to keep secret, so am extra cautious!

Here is an example tester website. There are many. Take a photo with your GPS turned on, then one with it off. You can verify your photos here to MAKE SURE it is off. Just upload the photos to this site through uploaded tool. I do this every once in awhile https://www.pic2map.com/

Perception

Perception

sounds like THCfarmer "scrubs" this data off the photos when using their uploader though. But good practice to disable on your actual device anyways.

I know fisherman who troll photos on fishing forums, trying to discover secret fishing spots (with success). So this DOES go on.

dan1989

dan1989

If you walk around with the location active on your phone, your an idiot. Or you just like big brother following your every move.

Hence why I said 'even with gps off'. Do you really think you could foil them just by turning off gps anyway? Who's to say the location button does anything anyway? Maybe it just turns off the receiver, you could still be beaming your location. Or they could track you through the phone masts. Perhaps logic is a secret CIA operative who passes the data onto his bosses in return for free seeds? :D

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

The location button on your smart phone activates a gps. You wouldn't be able to use the "maps or gps road map thing" with out activating that feature 1st. Same thing about pics and the locations.

It's been discussed in the past, this site does NOT geo tag, or log tpur position regardless. It's in the upload fu croon of the site that automatically disables it.

fatawa

fatawa

The location button on your smart phone activates a gps. You wouldn't be able to use the "maps or gps road map thing" with out activating that feature 1st. Same thing about pics and the locations.

It's been discussed in the past, this site does NOT geo tag, or log tpur position regardless. It's in the upload fu croon of the site that automatically disables it.
so show them pics or it never happend @dan1989(lmao,just messin around)

dan1989

dan1989

so show them pics or it never happend @dan1989(lmao,just messin around)

Ain't got any grows going on at the minute anyway :D nothing happening to show. Got a budzilla seed germing but do ya really wanna see a pic of this? :) and my tiny little cloning tent in the corner ready to do one plant. And the rest of my equipment is under my little girls bed ready for when we move :D like I said not much happening, but I'd be hard pushed to set up the big tent in this shoebox room :D

Toaster79

Toaster79

Even with your gps turned off, your phone is being tracked 24/7. There's no way to turn this feature off. Turning geotaging off in the camera won't provide the location where the pic was taken directly in EXIF, but noone can guarantee you that your phone isn't actually taking down the data about that. Use google track and you'll find out not only the actuall location of your phone but also whole statistics of where you have been moving around for I don't know how far back. So yes, big brother is watching you 24/7 wether you like it or not, as long as you have a smartphone.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-delete-and-disable-your-google-location-history/

Last edited:
fatawa

fatawa

Are u guys n u.s. cuz i can explain easily y this aint a problem.n its true every pic u take goes n a database,and big bro sees it...if they dig...so if u keep yur game tight,dont tell no one u shud b good.we live n a world full of snitches n people who cant mind there own buisness cause quiet frankly there loosers n hav no buisness...but my question is y is yur guys phones n yur name?they can check n see whatever they want on me.nothing n my name,no bank account,no phone,no utilities...

fatawa

fatawa

Gotta keep it gangster if yur really trying to make money from this.n very very few of us show the real good stuff if were doing it on med-large scale.but if yur growing a couple plants just for your meds....shit big brother dnt care bout u,big brother is a corp that gets money.so unless they can come rob u for thousands....u aint shit n yur good..yur only cares r smells/noises from neighbors,or people u brag to

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

And windows 10 is even worse. Hope you read the TOU for w-10. You GAVE Microsoft the RIGHT to go into your puter at any time they see fit.

Perception

Perception

I ASSUME that my phone is trackable at ALL times, even when off.

But regarding the OP, photos either have GPS metadata or they don't. If not, not traceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom