Fan/filter Set Up Help

• Thread starter Bashar Assad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bashar Assad

Bashar Assad

So I have a 2x4x6 foot grow tent which I'm rigging a fan/carbon filter to. Basically I can't fit any of it in my tent so would setting up these like this work…..

Ducting leading from exhaust hole on top of tent to 4" inline fan (183w 165 cfm) controlled by a variable speed controller, then about 5 feet of tubing running to a carbon filter where the air exhausts from. The intake is a port hole in the bottom of the tent, covered by a 6" clip fan.

So I'm going

duct --> fan ---> duct ---->filter

Right idea?

G gnome

G gnome

There are more efficient ways but that'll work. U def wann exaust air from the top of the tent not the bottom

Bashar Assad

Bashar Assad

Yea it's not the most efficient way for sure, but I can't really figure out another way atm. Yea I'm pulling air from the top of my tent and the 4" works well and has a lot of suction from the tent. I'll have a negative pressure in the tent easily. I got a 6" clip on fan for the bottom port to pull in air.

Now I have one small problem with this set up which is this. Even with the 4" exhaust fan pulling 165 cfm and an oscillating fan in the tent the temp. in it hovers at 82*F. And that's without my 300w LED and 240w LED running. Now I haven't gotten my clip on fan yet for my intake, so will the fan pulling in air lower the tent temp.? The outer temp. of the tent is about 89*F so the fan does make it get cooler.

I have two 25L water chillers that I'll be running to each bucket with 88GPH powering each. I'll be setting them to 17*c to achieve a water temp. of 66-68*F. So at least when they get watered by my drip ring they'll get some cold water. But one question I have is will the 5 gallon buckets ( with 15L of water in each) act as a heat sink and will the chillers help keep the tent cool by keeping the buckets cool?

I was also thinking of building a little box like thing in front of the intake on the outside of the tent. The air pulled in will be sucked threw a opening in it ( which will have a filter to keep dust/bugs/spores out) and there will be slots for six 500 ml cold water bottles (not ice as I don't want condensation) to be put in and out to cool the tent temp. by having between 1-6 bottles. Then it will run thru a foot long duct tube which will be in a little box with no top in which 1-4bottles of ice/cold can be put along side it to cool the air even more if needed. I could make this device with stuff around my house and do it pretty easily, is it worth doing?

I just checked my tent temp after turning on the LED's and it's holding at 90*F so I'll need a way to drop my temp. any suggestions welcome. Also I've pretty much run out of money for my set up, but might be able to swing for another cheap water chiller to keep a third 25L bucket as cold as possible to use as a heat sink. Or if a small A/C is around the same price would that be better?

Bashar Assad

Bashar Assad

Found a 5000BTU air cone. at walmart for 100$ gonna pick that up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom