Fantastic Day Making Candies

• Thread starter Icristal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Icristal

Icristal

I had a totally great day playing around with making candies and chocolates. I have Caramels down, but wanted hard candy and lolly pops. All turned out great and looking forward to finding out the effects. I made hard candy and lolly pops with tincture and the chocolates with canna butter. Each batch of hard candies had 2 ounces of tincture in it (picture of raspberry candies is a full batch) and the butter for 12 pieces of chocolate candies, had 1/4 cup of Canna Butter. Making the candies was so eeasy and fun eating the crumbs and licking the spoon at the end yummy, lololol, The recipe used were not my own, I got them online after hours of research found an easy one with great results.

First up are the Raspberry pops and candies. Have a light raspberry flavor, makes you want more. lol
Raspberry

Next up are the Cherry ones, but made more pops with the deep molds this time. Added more flavor this time and the Cherry comes out real nice.
Cherry

Next are the Cinnamon flavored ones, I did not chose the color for these, but it looks great. Not my favorite flavor personally for candy. lol I made these to (give) to a family member in need and made what they requested. lol
Cinnamon

And last but not least, dark chocolate candies Made with Canna Butter. Not pictured are the Milk Chocolate ones, but made the same way. The milk Chocolate is a bit softer than the dark chocolate.
Darkchoc

Good vibes everyone and happy growing
:)

Calixylon

Calixylon

Frickken sweet you did it, those ones look straight up professional. Whats the potency on those things? Glad to see your putting your cooking talents to use, i dont think i could pull those off. My cannabutter/oil usually dosent even make it into anything but hot choclate.

north knect

north knect

Those look delish girl!! I will def be hounding u for the recipe when I harvest lol..props they looks amazing :p hopefully the med end of them are great also :D

Icristal

Icristal

Thanks everyone. I did not make the tincture (veg base)myself, it came from my previous caregiver and it is not a light weight product, I could not even use it with dropper, too strong straight up, lol. It has been stored in the ref., in a dark container for several months, had hard time opening bottle, huge vacum in it, and the smell, Oh My it was heaven on earth, and after testing a little to see if good, I said hell yea, time to make candy, lol. But will be making my own tincture in the upcoming months. lol after making the candy and licking the spoon full of hardened candy, it has been a pleasant afternoon, lol. I will be doing a test over the next few weeks on how potent they are. I also have someone else helping me who is a lightweight testing as well. So time will tell and looking forward to testing results. I did make the butter though. Next batch of butter will be stronger, as there isn't much in the chocolates, so want a stronger batch, lol

Last edited:
Icristal

Icristal

I will post how I made them at a later time. And any quirks I came across in the process. Thanks again everyone, need to take a break for a bit lololol.
Peace out all

Icristal

Icristal

Hi everyone!!!
I spoke to the guy who made the tincture for me and he said his Tinctures test out between 20 and 25 percent THC. He manage a 28 percent once, but has not been able to repeat that, lol Tincture will only go as high as 30 percent THC no matter what you do he said. And trust me I like heavy weight buds personally, but could not handle the high from his tinctures. With that said here is the recipe I used and instructions. I got this online, but tweeked it a little.

Cannabis Hard Candy / Lollypops

Supply's
Cooking pot, 1 quart size. If too big thermometer will not work properly.
Candy Thermometer
Wooden Spoon
Molds designed for hard candy
Veg. spray
Measuring cups
large wide Glass of water
Parchment paper
Plastic wrap or baggies.
Powdered sugar

Ingredients:
2 cups Sugar
1 cup Light Corn Syrup
1 cup Water
1-2 ounces of Tincture = to 1/4 cup for 2 ounces
Your choice of food coloring
Your choice of flavoring ( I used 1 bottle (1 dram per bottle) of raspberry on one, and 2 bottles of cherry for the other) ( LorAnns flavorings, get at hobby lobby or craft stores) Extracts are alcohol based, but did not produce a flash when used ( i used cinnamon flavor)

First thing is assemble all ingredients and equipment. (DO NOT WORK WITH HOT HARD CANDY STONED)
Spray all molds with veg. spray, it is important to make sure all molds and sticks are ready once the candy is or you will end up with a huge hunk of hard candy in your pan.

Mix sugar, water and corn syrup together in cooking pan, place thermometer in pan (be careful not to touch the bottom of the pan, gives false readings and can break it). Turn pan on medium heat and stir until the ingredients have dissolved, stop stirring, bring to a boil.

When it starts to have a rolling boil do not stir anymore, add coloring to your liking, DO NOT STIR, the boiling will mix it in.

Bring the temp. up to 300 degrees F, when at 300 degrees F shut off burner (I actually brought it up to 310 degrees F) , remove thermometer, (i have wide glass of water near burner to put thermometer into to start the cleaning process, lol. )

Then add flavoring stirring quickly, when bubbles are almost gone ( temp has dropped below 300 at this stage) add tincture stir quickly to mix, then be fast and pour hot candy into molds.

You will have to keep pushing sticks down for a bit to hold if making lolly pops, they eventually will set into place. DO NOT put hot candy in ref. to harden, it will make crystals. I have a shed attached to my house and unheated, so put molds on sheet pan and in the shed. About 10 min later they were hard and ready, pop out on parchment paper and then wrap or put into zip lock bags. You can shake them in a bag of powdered sugar before wrapping, helps with sticking. I store my hard candy in the ref. Choc. stored in the freezer. PLEASE MAKE SURE NOT PUT IN AREA WITH CHILDREN, CLEARLY MARK PRODUCT, SO NO ACCIDENTS.

Note on tincture, if veg base no issues, if alcohol based be careful, it could cause a flash back when adding to hot candy.

I hope I got everything here for you all, please feel free to ask any question. And I say the candies are wonderful, starting out with smaller ones to see affect, but had so many scraps and licked the spoons, yesterday was not a good test, lol. I do know, I slept like a rock last night and woke feeling refresh, it was nice. I will post the chocolate recipe soon. It is so simple it is insane, lol

Icristal

Icristal

Test one, lol size>half heart lolly pop, effects started within 30 min of trying not to chew the candy, ears ringing, heart slight increase, muscles relaxing. Ate dinner and still have some effects, very relaxed and the pain i experience from being on my feet all day is very minimal, this is worth everything. Two hrs in and not feeling a need to toke yet, lol, the relaxed feeling is increasing and probably will put me to sleep if I don't stay active, hahahahaha, very happy with the candy and now need to find the right dose so as not to over do it and be like hell yea, hahaha

Icristal

Icristal

Side note, please make sure you use a good candy thermometer, I had an expensive one and a mid grade one and the mid grade one was off by 40 degrees less. I would have had slurpy candy if I had used the mid grade one.

Icristal

Icristal

Here is some feed back on the Candies.

First is the light weight tester. I warned her to start with the smallest and wait an hr or 2 to see what happens. Well she ate one, but an hr later she ate another. hahaha Thirty minutes later she ended up going to bed as she needed to lay down and was hit hard. So she is now only using a little at a time and she is happy with her results.

Second is as he said a Very Very Hard Hitter, and he ate 1/2 bag, roughly 2 suckers and some little ones, and he said it was a good base to his daily smoking and they were discrete to use. A stronger batch would be needed to use less candy, but sometimes it hard not to put candy away, lol Thank you for your response.

Third is a social user and was a pain pill abuser. I started him with my caramel's and he can take 1/2 one before bed and sleep well and wake with no pain. I am happy to say he no longer uses pain pills shortly after he started eating the caramels. He tried one hard candy, but had a caramel too, so not a proper test. He is such a much better person to be around now too and he is Happy.

Fourth person, not in hand yet, but know will get good feedback when they arrive.

As for myself, I have found the right dose for pain management, and not get high from them. I have not tested eating more yet, to see my reaction, but after testing and tasting the day I made them all day, I am sure I will be non functional if I over do it. lol Just extremely happy with the pain relief from them. I rather smoke it up for the real high, lol And I can use while at work for pain and not be affected high wise, as smoking is out of the question while working. I have a knife in my hand most of the day, hahaha don't want to be high, I want to keep my fingers, lol

I will be making my own tincture in the future and trying different amounts of bud and see where it goes. And working on a stronger candy rec. by tweaking it a bit more. For hard candy the more liquid, the more chances to fail, so have to adjust for additions and keep the same flavor and the right texture. So overall for the first ever batch, it depends on your daily use as to how much you need and it is cool that there is different sizes to adjust how much you want to use. And agree with tester 2, it makes a great baseline in addition to your daily use.
If there are more results and post them.
Great Vibes everyone.
Icristal

Icristal

Icristal

Well another great day of Candy making,,lol. Invited a couple of friends over and oh my what a day. None of us was feeling any pain by the time we were finished. lol I am not a big Chocolate fan,,but the Caramels,,oh yea,,lol. I have not made Hard candy again,,I need some new tincture before that happens. So something to look forward to. I have made several chocolate and caramels over the year and think it is the best fun day of all.

I use Cannabutter in both recipes and we are slowly learning do's and don't each time we make them. So worth doing over and over again,,lol Also learning what molds work best, some can be frustrating, but we found the perfect ones we like. My next step is to figure out dose per piece, working on this. I have my numbers, now just need to do the math,,lol So if you plan on doing a large batch or even a small one, invite friends over and you will have a great time. My tummy is sore from laughing so hard today,,it was just a great day.

Here are a sample of what was made today. In the gold and silver wrappers are Cana-Caramels, The square chocolates are Choc. covered Canna-Caramels (the choc has no cannabutter on these, just in the Caramels), and last ones are Canna-Chocolates. I bought some gift boxes to make up for friends for the holidays.
20151208 170601
20151208 170522
20151208 170530

Canna-Caramels= 5 dozen
Choc.Covered Canna-Caramels=5,4 doz.
Canna-Chocolated=12.5 dozen

Icristal

Icristal

Hey all,,,I finally got to do a good test on the latest Choc. covered Caramels, I started with 2 and got a nice relaxed feeling,,had a 3rd on and was feeling relaxed enough, I did not have to add smoking to it. Great feeling to have at the end of the day. Day time I would stick with 2,,otherwise 3 is good for me. I'm assuming the solid canna choc. candies are about the same. All very tasty, it is so hard not to eat too many,,lol

As for the new batch of butter made with just buds,,not ready to use this yet as I need to use up the older stuff. All in the freezer waiting for me to use it. I tested a few wee drops of the new tincture I made with all bud and I got hit head wise in about 5 min and it lasted for 20 min,,quick and sweet feeling. So I think about 4 drops would probably be a good dose.

I used some of this tincture to make another round of hard candies today. Two double batches of bite size pieces and lolly pops,,grape (12 dozen pieces) and strawberry(9 dozen pieces). The grape were not as hard as the Strawberry ones, due to thermometer malfunction. But had a spare one on hand just for that reason,,,remember this if you are going to make candy,,lol After sampling scraps as I unmolded the candies and licking the spoon at the end like a lolly pop,,I was quite relaxed,,hehehe,, I will give a better idea of how they work in the future, I am curious since it is my own tincture used this time.

So another great day of working with this wonderful plant and making lots of goodies. As I build up my butter, the next thing will be the oils and then lots of different ways to use all this in cooking, either baking or dinners, anything,I am loving every minute. lol

Keep it green all
Icristal

Icristal

Icristal

Thank you @bobericc

I did test a lolly pop last night and well not sure when I fell asleep, don't remember,,but woke or came to 3/4hr later,,lol. This was made with my recent decarbed weed tincture. Big difference from my first try.

As I experiment with making butters and tinctures,,I learned a valuable lesson, decarb the herb before making your products. In the beginning,,I made lots of mistakes, I was anxious to make stuff to fast and was not very potent for a regular smoker,,worked great for lightweights,,lol. But it's like growing the herbs,,you learn as you go and gain from your mistakes.

I am not a school trained Chef,,but have been a Cook/Chef in restaurants for over 20yrs. I love to cook and this new adventure into making edibles is something in want to do. I want to get educated in portions and doses and how to figure all this out,,what works and what don't work. So if anyone out there does this professionally or for yourself and want to help guide me into the dose/portion, or anything related to edibles,,PM me. I would love to learn so much more.

Have a wonderful day all
Icristal

Icristal

Icristal

Hi All,,
I have been making these for a friend who has battled lung cancer and she no longer can smoke. She has been very satisfied with the caramels and Chocolates. She was always a light weight smoker, so it does not take much for her to get a reaction. She said the chocolates and the caramels are working great and is very happy with them. As for the hard candies,,well she does not get much from them but likes the flavors,,lol. So we have decided to keep to just the caramels and chocolates for her. These were made with cana butter, but the hard candies were made with tincture. She did say the tincture is awesome and gives her the head high she has missed for so long and will continue to use this carefully. I am very happy she is getting relief and we have decided on what works for her and I will keep her supplied. The only compensation is the fact that it helps her, and this is more than enough for me. She helps me make them and those days are so much fun,,lots of laughs. I just bought her a vape set-up for her to try, so we will see how this works for her, might still be too harsh for her. I hope it helps, if not at least we tried.

I have been seriously testing the hard candies and the chocolates myself. And my results are interesting. I do agree with her and other on the hard candies,,,eat enough and you will get sleepy but not the strength I was expecting. The previous tries were very late in the day and was easy to crash, be it from the candy or just tired,lol So until I can find a more potent solution,,hard candies will be on the back burner for now.

The caramels/chocolates are made with cana butter, I will continue to make these for sure. I personally like the both and enjoy the relaxing feeling I get from them. I do have to eat a few more than my friend, but it's worth it for me. I might increase the butter to make stronger,,but they will never give you a super high,,just feeling nice and relaxed. For me it counteracts the sugar buzz against the weed high, so kinda makes a happy medium.

As for the tincture I recently made. I had just tried a few drops when I was bottling it up and got a nice quick head high for about 20 min, so knew it was good. I have since tried a full dropper load and well, lets just say I won't do that again,,don't remember much after. So I will adjust dose and work to get it right for the buzz I am seeking.

So this is the up date on the products I have made, some will make again, some I will not right now. All in all it is a fantastic journey learning more and experimenting.

Keep it green all
Icristal

Top Bottom