(Fatman's) DIY nutrient mixing guide

• Thread starter squarepusher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crysmatic

Crysmatic

CRYS...
Thats awesome work...Thanks for the taking the time to input it all and get us those numbers we all seem to see shit blowing up with. lol...
Just downloaded the new .95 hydrobuddy probably going to use the new salt tab/function add in all my commercial stuff try to completly get away from the spreadsheet.. Have you done somethign similiar or you still going back/forth?

what the analysis told me is that there is no magic formula...and that everyone is doing the same thing! some are just profiting more than others. inconceivably, some people don't see the value of saving thousands of dollars in nutes per cycle. some guys running undercurrents have huge res's and really can't afford to dump it weekly. if i were running house & garden, i wouldn't either.

i just downloaded v0.95. thanks for the heads up!

for making nutes from scratch, i exclusively use hydro buddy. i have issues creating new salts in hydro buddy; so it's easier to blend commercial nutes with pH's spreadsheet. as a few people have mentioned, they're using up the last of their commercial nutes before going to salts; so pH is an interim need.

i took me a few runs to learn hydro buddy properly. some of my confusion actually came from using pH's spreadsheet, then inputing it into hydro buddy. extra steps always leave the door open for errors.

MeJuana

MeJuana

I do use Excel to figure my way through mixing several commercial products, I am however a moron and didn't save any of them. I even would explain what I did, but can't remember cuz I am a pot head. But it is what you think I figure out PPM contributions by weight/volume of each participant and then use the formulas in excel to feed into a final PPM cell for each element just using SUM.. I use Excel for work so am good at it

I do not think it is advantageous to learn Excel versus using a pen and piece of paper time/gain wise. fug that go for what you know.

MeJuana

MeJuana

Can we use Solubor for Boric Acid in Hydro? There is so little info on it I guess I should call Crop King and find out what all is in it unless anyone knows.

R

REGISTRD

PUfff...
Hey props if your doing shit on pen/paper but why? I just figured if your on this level your up to speed with us..but your asking basic questions that were discussed in 9th grade. WEre in 11th grade chem here.. Yes were all morons...but rem SEARCH is your FRIEND..
This first link has a calc that you can use to answer your question...
http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/profiles.htm#profilecalculator
This next link is the excel spreedsheet(calc) known as Ph spreedsheet we all use here.
http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/download.htm
This next link is Daniel Fern. Hydro buddy
http://allhydroponics.blogspot.com/2010/07/preparing-your-own-hydroponic-nutrients.html

Mejuana...
Yes boric acid is in my micro mix i get I know for sure but ill have to ask on the solubor..

P

PuFFnNugg

Mejuana on Pg. 4 in Fatman suggested formulas it says he's using Solubor.....

Earlier in the thread someone was talking about Sulphur being less important than many of the other Nutes.

Do you think I will have any problems running
139-50-240-128-60 with 80 parts Sulphur?

I know it probably doesn't matter it's just higher than any I've seen commercial or diy.

R

REGISTRD

No you wont have a problemm.. There is no known toxicity for sulfur...

P

PuFFnNugg

I'm using all of those. What is your problem? The only thing I did wrong was not know Vista. I'm sorry alright

I already ditched that program, and have new one that doesn't need Mag Potash. Problem solved. :whew

P

PuFFnNugg

I know REGISTRD thats how I got the numbers. Thats what I'm saying bud, It will save someone the time of looking up product weight, volume, and active ingredients. Then plugging them all into the calculator one by one. Thats all.

I think this is just a mis understanding man. I'm not out to prove who knows more. Of all the facets of growing Chem is what I know least, and if your mixing salts I'm sure you know more.

It's been 10 years since I went over all this. Like you said high school chemisty...now thats higher learning!

My ferts weren't far off though, basically inbetween JK's and Fatman. I still haven't given up on a bell curve with my N-P-K-Ca though. just wanted to tweak a couple things, and ask some questions before I order a bunch of salts.

I appreciate all the help, and I try to answer a question on this forum for every question I ask. Even if the person is misinformed or off track.

MeJuana

MeJuana

Earlier in the thread someone was talking about Sulphur being less important than many of the other Nutes.

I know it probably doesn't matter it's just higher than any I've seen commercial or diy.

I am afraid to try and help because I don't know shit yet :D I would look for an answer from someone using this stuff already to truly compare, I am still mickey mousing a lot of stuff.

Thanks for your help on the solubor

R

REGISTRD

I know REGISTRD thats how I got the numbers. Thats what I'm saying bud, It will save someone the time of looking up product weight, volume, and active ingredients. Then plugging them all into the calculator one by one. Thats all.

I think this is just a mis understanding man. I'm not out to prove who knows more. Of all the facets of growing Chem is what I know least, and if your mixing salts I'm sure you know more.

It's been 10 years since I went over all this. Like you said high school chemisty...now thats higher learning!

My ferts weren't far off though, basically inbetween JK's and Fatman. I still haven't given up on a bell curve with my N-P-K-Ca though. just wanted to tweak a couple things, and ask some questions before I order a bunch of salts.

I appreciate all the help, and I try to answer a question on this forum for every question I ask. Even if the person is misinformed or off track.

No worries bud.. I dont know shit like I said Im a Moron too. We all need to be guided as I was guided for the past 12 years as well.. YOu think i paid any attention in HS. lol Yet I graduated a year early.. Gotta luv indo study!..
I was just trying to help you as well and IM sure i didnt come off the nicest either thats why i tried to ask ???? to see if your on the same page with us cause it was obvious you were on a diff path and didnt relate.. Sorry I took it the wrong way I shoulve just asked how you were getting to your conclusion...

If anyone is smarter its YOU! your doing math on paper/pen.. ya im really good at math but dont have that kind of time lol.. Ive made schedules for years of ML/gal for the dif growth phases(formulations) yet just for the past 2/3 years have I really paid attention to what NPK really is... Know my schedules are based off elementals thanks to the PH spreedsheet..Yes i have tried several differnt bell curves. After reading several different books(RESH etc) as well ive come up with my own. Yes Jk and Fatman are two very good mentors here on the site that we can learn alot from them..
So its basically just experimenting what ratio works for your exact strain IMO....
Know for the main discussion here is how to mix salts successfully and know with the help of the HYDROBUDDY...:RastaBong:

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

your profile is essentially connoisseur at 2.75 ml/L. i get 113 ppm calcium. your formula is sound.

i probably said something like i don't worry about sulphur - it's a side effect of adding magnesium. sulfur from epsom salts will be 33% higher ppm than magnesium. fatman has 106 ppm sulfur in his formula, and he relates it to flavour.

I

InvisibleM

Just noticed this thread, it excellent. Skipped the last half of it.

I have been making my own nutes since about 1982, finished my formulas back in about '84, a grow and a bloom. Back then the ferts for soil was dirt cheap and the nutes for hydo's was 3 or 4 times as expensive so I learned how to make mu own from scratch. I make about 120 lbs. at a time of the bloom.... the bloom is where all the action is. And about a hundred lbs of my grow at a time.

One thing I learned starting back in the 70's that I can see a lot of you don't know is the benefit of a high phosphorus bloom formula. It forces the plant into a hard flower, or maybe I should say it helps the plant to stop stretching and start blooming. Back then I had 6 foot tall rooms and the hydro's were 18 inches tall and the light hung down, so forced flowering was a must. Now I have 8 foot tall ceilings and am about to take off the china man hat hoods (cone) so I have lots of room but the ferts will stay the same as I have used all this time.

I also can make any formula on the market, but what I have works every time so there is no need. Anyway great thread here.

R

REGISTRD

So has anyone made there own A/B yet??? seen a couple of you made clearex....

Ive been mixing salts all week directly and ya its getting old.. I wanna mix once and be done... I think I asked this before but what is everyone opinions on this considering we have a differnt formulation every week...
Should I make an A/B for every week??

squarepusher

squarepusher

So has anyone made there own A/B yet??? seen a couple of you made clearex....

Ive been mixing salts all week directly and ya its getting old.. I wanna mix once and be done... I think I asked this before but what is everyone opinions on this considering we have a differnt formulation every week...
Should I make an A/B for every week??

you could make a universal formula, then add Calcium Nitrate, or Potassium Phosphate depending on your week timelines

budboy299

budboy299

I've been running Crysmatics bloom recipes for about 3 weeks and everything is running great.

weeks 1-5: 274-108-425
Part “A” calcium nitrate 461g
potassium nitrate 277.5g & 57.2g dpta iron 7%

Pat “B” epsom salt 300g
potassium phosphate 177.4g

Manganese Sulfate 6.1 grams
Boric Acid / Solubor 11.4 grams
Zinc Sulfate 5.3 grams
Copper Sulfate 1.6 grams
Ammonium Molybdate .08 grams

4L stock solution

then I run for weeks 6 and 7 the following:

PART A
Ammonium nitrate 172g
potassium nitrate 247g
yara calcium nitrate 511g
DPTA Iron 7% 57.2g

Part B
magnesium sulphate 300g
potassium phosphate 244g
20g of ascorbic acid
Manganese Sulfate 6.1 grams
Boric Acid / Solubor 11.4 grams
Zinc Sulfate 5.3 grams
Copper Sulfate 1.6 grams
Ammonium Molybdate .08 grams

this is equal to connoisseur plus overdrive.

been running as good or better than aqua flakes or DNF

budboy299

budboy299

Oh and I found sodium benzoate at my local bulk store.

this is the salt that Danial Hernandez recommends putting in solutions to keep the mold,algae etc from growing within the solutions.

honestly though, I find the A and B solutions we mix up have enough salts in them already to keep them from degrading.
Clearex though definitely needs the sodium benzoate, as the sugar in it is perfect for growing nasty crap in the concentrated solution. Or you could just mix up some clearex solution and freeze a reservoirs worth of solution in a baggie in your freezer.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good stuff, budboy. Let me know when you get that other recipe worked out.

F

faeryjane

Hey PuFF, could you send me that data? I'm gonna put together a custom feed schedule with AG and GH products. Interested to see your recommended starting points... Thanks!

Top Bottom