Fem Seeds/reversing/breeding?

• Thread starter Dank420boss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I think a lot of new strains have unstable genetics due to quick improper breeding.
Probably so, unless they trade, or buy from each other. I like to do 5 runs with each stable strain, so even if I had 50 breeders working for me, it would still take an ave of 90 days to run each strain.
I guess this is a tip for people buying seeds. Try to get their first release. It's when they're trying to build a rep for themselves, so ya have a better shot of getting their best *just a feeling/guess. I've gotten some really good genetics from Snowhigh. I only think he released, and got sick, or something? I inbred a few of his strains. Purple Pantera, 3x's grape ='s crazy potant. I hear, and have seen HSO has some pretty flowers, Nirvana used to be hit, or miss, and Dinafem was consistent. Mr Nice Shanti was hit or miss as well, but his hits were definitely hits!
****Wait, I could stager the new genetics, but it still takes tome

Dank420boss

Dank420boss

Them leaves are fucken massive bro, how big were them plants you took them off? Im not crossing strains atm maybe after a few runs of different strains i might have a crack. Just making my own auto fems going to seed the whole plant, any reference to roughly how many seeds to expect? Coming from a plant say around a foot like this one? Great job on breeding bro ur strains look alpha as fuck.

20180703 192143
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Them leaves are fucken massive bro, how big were them plants you took them off? Im not crossing strains atm maybe after a few runs of different strains i might have a crack. Just making my own auto fems going to seed the whole plant, any reference to roughly how many seeds to expect? Coming from a plant say around a foot like this one? Great job on breeding bro ur strains look alpha as fuck.
That first 2 leaves were from a plants that had been vegging a while. That small plant was its first true fan leaf straight out of seedling stage. I popped a few, and all are fairly uniform for F1's. If it does as well in flower, and worth keeping, I'll keep clones going, and also pollinate a branch, and see how the inbred do.
A Male is what I'm looking for, but from the parents, I think I may have a winner?
Ya never know what a plant will do until it flowers.
Chemdog 91 may have been scrapped if I didn't see what it did in flower

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

What medium is in there? Looks like a great candidate for a SOG grow. How long was she vegged/flowered? Short plants, with big buds...many possibilities!

Dank420boss

Dank420boss

Why not just reverse one of your clones if you do that bro? That f1 seemed to have the genes behind it if that was its true first, id hang onto it for sure but uv been doing this for alot longer then me so ud know the traits, im impressed.
Im using coco, its an auto and roughly 9 weeks from seed still got a couple to go, starting to pack on the weight just now, i have another grow op in another location same strain and its 3x the size but was topped, i had poor lighting for 3 weeks of this grow due to moving set ups. I have another around the same size about to burst with pollen but too late to pollinate her now so i have to order more from a seed bank to finish.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Why not just reverse one of your clones if you do that bro? That f1 seemed to have the genes behind it if that was its true first, id hang onto it for sure but uv been doing this for alot longer then me so ud know the traits, im impressed.
Im using coco, its an auto and roughly 9 weeks from seed still got a couple to go, starting to pack on the weight just now, i have another grow op in another location same strain and its 3x the size but was topped, i had poor lighting for 3 weeks of this grow due to moving set ups. I have another around the same size about to burst with pollen but too late to pollinate her now so i have to order more from a seed bank to finish.
I've tried. Once they're stable, I stress the hell out of em. Flip light cycles, have used Tirista mist, over fed, light leaks... I've let plants go months in hope for a single nanner.
I've seen someone who had aphids bad for a while, and after years, and years of clones from the strain, it did finally herm..some GREAT S1's, but short of aphids, or bugs, I've tried everything. When I find a seed or 2 in some dank, I look at em like potential diamonds. 40 ppm's silver didn't work either.
I have seen plants herm fairly regularly, but I don't want that in the gene pool

Dank420boss

Dank420boss

Sound like some really hardy shit you have. Especially if its not responding to cs, iv never heard that before. Wouldnt know what else to try, maybe throw an auto in the mix, doesnt take much stress on them to herm, its good for some but i can understand its the last thing u want to happen in flower.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Sound like some really hardy shit you have. Especially if its not responding to cs, iv never heard that before. Wouldnt know what else to try, maybe throw an auto in the mix, doesnt take much stress on them to herm, its good for some but i can understand its the last thing u want to happen in flower.
From what I've read, and through experience I do believe there are "true females" purely XX. I've got the strains stable enough to where the offspring will be uniform, but nothing feminized though..
I was gifted some OLD Ogre Kush, and the Ogre x to auto Affie, as well as some other old school genetics.
It's a thought. Would be a project and a half, but I really enjoy the breeding, and growing out of new strains. Shit, I enjoy it all, except trimming.

Dank420boss

Dank420boss

Couldnt agree more my friend, addicted is an understatement aha. Worth while bringing it back, cant say i heard of it, alot of old schools have died off.

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

Probably so, unless they trade, or buy from each other. I like to do 5 runs with each stable strain, so even if I had 50 breeders working for me, it would still take an ave of 90 days to run each strain.
I guess this is a tip for people buying seeds. Try to get their first release. It's when they're trying to build a rep for themselves, so ya have a better shot of getting their best *just a feeling/guess. I've gotten some really good genetics from Snowhigh. I only think he released, and got sick, or something? I inbred a few of his strains. Purple Pantera, 3x's grape ='s crazy potant. I hear, and have seen HSO has some pretty flowers, Nirvana used to be hit, or miss, and Dinafem was consistent. Mr Nice Shanti was hit or miss as well, but his hits were definitely hits!
****Wait, I could stager the new genetics, but it still takes tome

You say this as if breeders have any idea what their cross is going to be like. The only way to test a cross is to grow the cross out. If someone has grown it out there will be grow reports on it. If it's a new strain with no grow reports, it's untested and you're more likely to get doodoo than anything.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

You say this as if breeders have any idea what their cross is going to be like. The only way to test a cross is to grow the cross out. If someone has grown it out there will be grow reports on it. If it's a new strain with no grow reports, it's untested and you're more likely to get doodoo than anything.
I guess so. Bottom line, it's about the $. Even growing a strain out once isn't nearly enough study on the strain. I'd also bet they're not giving you their A (b, or c) quality crosses...The exception with some companies is the 1st release.

Necromancer

Necromancer

Fem seeds are great at first but further down the line You , Your kids or Grand kids will need to reverse again or breed with another strain. I have Fem pollen in the freezer that now means little to nothing to me. I'm currently looking for a male but haven't found a strain I deem special enough to breed with my female.

Last edited:
B

Bobbertqp

Hey guys litterally just opened an account looking foward to sharing ideas/info/knowledge.
So the question i have to ask is using femmd auto seeds for reversal using cs, at the moment i have reversed a fem auto white lsd just about to collect pollen in coming days/week ill upload a pic for your input, anyways have heard abit of mixed emotions in regards to using fem seeds more people leaning towards the negative sides. Iv hard a couple of grows under my belt still very much learning and experimenting, this is my 1st breeding attempt. Thanks in advance legends
I use cs ony females photo and autos. Best way to go.

B

Bobbertqp

I don't have names for most of my own strains. Names shouldn't be important, but fact is, they are. I could name it "Forum Gurilla Cookies Scoutberry Ghost kush", as it seems half the strains these days have one of those words in the title.
That big sativa leaf I call "Prehistoric"
The fat one is my indica.
The F1 is the cross from seed.
I'll cross different males to marked branches.
It will be crossed to the strain in my avitar as well.
Last pic are a few F1 crosses.
Nice plants matey.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Yeah, even bought that Tarista mist a few times, still no nanners.
I've successfully crossed, and stabilized 5 strains, and BX'd 1 (I can't tell the difference from the original clone only)

Here's those plants from a few days ago. After transplanting to 2 gals, they are monsters. Had a males show sex quicker than I've ever seen a plant show.
Here's a few pics.
1st is the current strain I'm growing out. 24th will be 60 days, but will be done before then.
The yougin' s have really impressed me.
Hope I'm making sense.
I'll keep this new project updated w/grow log. I'll get into how, and what I used to cross, and stabilize

20180712 142129
20180710 231333
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Nice. What method did you use to self her? Have you grown any out yet?
Besides outdoor, I'm not big on growing during the summer indoor, unless I have one of AC. Water/air temps can be a pain to keep in check and, always a higher risk of bugs, and root problems. I've only been doing 1 600 grows, so it's not too bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom