Fermented Plant Extracts and making your own nutrient line

• Thread starter Hashshashin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oregonized

oregonized

..........Japanese Knotweed is in the Buckwheat family [Polygonacea] along with Bittercress or Peppercress I posted above, [which is not water-cress] but is related and is a weed over much of the US, especially in irrigated areas.

Can't edit the above post and I want to be as correct as possible.........

While bitter/peppercress is a weed found over much of the US it is in the Mustard Family [Brassicacea] not the Buckwheat family.

p.s. Ground up knotweed seed flour makes damn good pancakes! Thinking about using the powder for some of my top dressings.......why didn't I think of that before???

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Interesting... but I'm curious--why the focus on oxalic acid here? I ask because it's something I have to control my intake of due to kidney stones.

oregonized

oregonized

Interesting... but I'm curious--why the focus on oxalic acid here? I ask because it's something I have to control my intake of due to kidney stones.

We talked about this before and what was it that you were supposed to limit your intake of, that had an abundance of oxalic, I can't quite remember.

But in further reading, I was curious about other plants we commonly eat, loaded with oxalic acid and never hear warnings about, spinach and brussel sprouts are two that come to mind, in fact, most suggestions from what I have researched ENCOURAGE increased consumption of these two items in most situations.

I have always been fascinated with oxalic acid [water soluble too] but I found a clue when researching it thru fermentation. I had the idea to include pectinase to break down cellulose, as an experiment, which could supplement [I disagree about replacement] microlife's ability to secrete the same enzyme, in buckwheat.

Well, research was being done that is showing that pectinase had an unusual effect on isolating oxalic acid during fermentative runs, the concentrations were increased.....

Just got back indoors after a dreadful outdoor burn this year...[Almost out of meds already!!!] but I hope to elaborate further. I still have been doing my due dilligence in the background, bear with me! Hopefully I can share in a clearer light.....

squiggly

squiggly

Oxalic acid is a primary species in the citric acid cycle and is a branching point for several shunts in this cycle.

oregonized

oregonized

Squigs can you explain the difference between cycle's and pathways aka enzymatic pathways?

oregonized

oregonized

That's what I thought [you can see this play out between glycolysis and fermentation, where they share everything until the 11th step, where 1 enzyme is needed for the final reaction? in glycolysis and two in fermentation]....................the citric acid cycle is also referred to as the Kreb's cycle correct?

Too much reading all at once, lol. I just back in from the woods too, gonna be a fun winter.

Thanks squigs. I was aware of the citric acid cycle and oxalic acid but I need to find my notes on fermentation and enzymes, they were doozy's for ripe questions........

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Do you remember when I was still on IC and had mentioned that I was using the native oxalis species for extracts? It's becoming clear to me that I may have been getting at more than I initially thought.

I need a bulk uploader for all these pdfs! Got 'em one by one any way.

iCultivate

iCultivate

Great thread mate, heaps of very good information here. Will be coming back to read it more thoroughly, that's for sure. Cheers for posting.

-- iCultivate --

oregonized

oregonized

Do you remember when I was still on IC and had mentioned that I was using the native oxalis species for extracts? It's becoming clear to me that I may have been getting at more than I initially thought.

I need a bulk uploader for all these pdfs! Got 'em one by one any way.

I believe it might have been redwood sorrel, the clover look alike? There is a lot going on.....is there a better way to upload pdf's. [Edit: now I can't go back and add summary's....oop, should have added the title of the PDF at least to the Post Title.

I may have been getting at more than I initially thought.

How so? I have yet more to add, the best I just finally found.....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm not so sure it's merely a lookalike, in my books they're naming genus as Oxalis. Also, I have a few different species that pop up at various times through the year.

What do oxalis spp have in common? Oxalic acid. That's the something more I hadn't thought about or considered.

I don't think there's a better way to upload anything, pix, files, whatever. Fortunately we're not terribly throttled on how much we can upload here.

The ability to edit forever is one of the perks of getting the premium membership. But if you'd like me to add/edit any of those posts, just give me a post # or link and the text and I'm happy to do it so that we keep this as a good repository of information.

oregonized

oregonized

I'm not so sure it's merely a lookalike, in my books they're naming genus as Oxalis. Also, I have a few different species that pop up at various times through the year.

What do oxalis spp have in common? Oxalic acid. That's the something more I hadn't thought about or considered.

I don't think there's a better way to upload anything, pix, files, whatever. Fortunately we're not terribly throttled on how much we can upload here.

The ability to edit forever is one of the perks of getting the premium membership. But if you'd like me to add/edit any of those posts, just give me a post # or link and the text and I'm happy to do it so that we keep this as a good repository of information.

Oh snap.... I forgot about premium membership. I may mull this over, since I am thinking....FINALLY...about seedbay. Thanks maiden!

Top Bottom