Fertigation Beleivers?

• Thread starter G13Fan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

G13Fan

Reading up on treating your coco more like a hydro set up.

#1Watering lightly until you see run off throughout the veg to promote root growth/expansion.

#2Watering your flowering ladies 2-5 times a day with nutrients...... every time.(excluding flush)

The idea is that your able to recalibrate your medium with fresh water/nutrients EVERY watering. Fresh water and nutrients flush out the old “stuff” with a 20% run off. So no need to flush routinely. No salt build up because of the run off technique..... fertigation. Might be an old concept just wondering if anyone practices it. It’d be nice to hammer the nutrients to er knowing that the next watering is around the corner with fresh balanced water and nutrients. Also this is based on the principle that you can NOT over water coco due to its excellent run off

Whatcha think folks?

Here’s a blueberry gum #2 15 days flushed for your viewing pleasure.

Fertigation beleivers
Fertigation beleivers 2
Enforcer

Enforcer

That’s how I grow. This is my current veg run. OG Kush, Mazar, and Cinderella 99. This is day 37 from clone in coco/perlite (90/10). Currently feeding REMO nutes at 1.1EC Ph 6.0-6.3. Auto drippers 3x a day until run off. Recharge Microbe flush once a week. They were in 2 gallon fabric pots. I just put them into the 5 gallon fabric pots a couple days ago.

C593083B 8AAA 4D51 B94C 357B1DE8C769
4FB64589 34CE 41CC 931C EA799B5209BF
03F811BE 8F9F 4BAB BE40 F114D1FF6717
58742CC2 E8B5 4327 8BAC 15D6112A69C4
G

G13Fan

That’s how I grow. This is my current veg run. OG Kush, Mazar, and Cinderella 99. This is day 37 from clone in coco/perlite (90/10). Currently feeding REMO nutes at 1.1EC Ph 6.0-6.3. Auto drippers 3x a day until run off. Recharge Microbe flush once a week. They were in 2 gallon fabric pots. I just put them into the 5 gallon fabric pots a couple days ago.

I mix up 40l every 36 hours for 6 plants on the norm. I’m going to consider auto feeding in the future. I just never considered coco as a “hydro” medium

Enforcer

Enforcer

I mix up 40l every 36 hours for 6 plants on the norm. I’m going to consider auto feeding in the future. I just never considered coco as a “hydro” medium
Auto drippers are the way to go in coco bro. I mix up a 28 gallon reservoir for the flower tent once a week. They get 4-5 fertigations a day. All I do is check EC and pH once a day. You don’t need an expensive short cycle timer. A 10-15 dollar minute incriminate timer from Amazon works great.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Off topic, but thanks for posting those pics. It never occurred to me to use those little metal clips on fabric pots. Much more elegant than the stupid bamboo stakes I've been jamming down into the soil when I want to tie branches down.
Anytime man.

I

Ikkt

Good choice!

Used coco that way for a couple years. Usually Canna Cogr slabs (coarse coco) mixed with ~50% medium Perlite and 5% Worm castings, a little leonardite, bentonite, diatomaceous earth etc.
The cogr slabs are a good way to get more coarse coco, couldn't get such coarse stuff any other way over here.

If you use a mix with coarse coco and high in perlite you have to irrigate a couple times a day, it's very airy and the plants just love it. Irrigated 8 times while light on and two with light off.
So they may not drink much at night they nonetheless eat.
They would have liked even more irrigation cycles but my timer was only capable of ten.
Should work great for hempy buckets too, but never came around to test it.

It's a great way to start organic hydro or better mineral-organic hydro. And it's not much, if any, slower than corells, rockwool, nft or whatever.

I

Ikkt

Auto drippers are the way to go in coco bro. I mix up a 28 gallon reservoir for the flower tent once a week. They get 4-5 fertigations a day. All I do is check EC and pH once a day. You don’t need an expensive short cycle timer. A 10-15 dollar minute incriminate timer from Amazon works great.

Over here in Europe you can get second timers for ten bucks in every pet store.
No need for expensive irrigation timers!

Or you can get cycle timer as kit or complete for a couple bucks, bet you can get something similar in america as well.

With a second timer and 5mm/¼" capillaries/drip lines you'll never have to worry about clogging. And no need to clean them between runs cause they're that resistant!

For big setups I'd choose auto dippers as well, but for a 4x4 or a cabinet...

Latest posts

Top Bottom