Fertilizer For Potted Mediums

• Thread starter jblumpkin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jblumpkin

Curious to learn what people's methods are for fertilizing soil, potting mix, coco, ect... what are you using for nutrients during veg and flower?

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Some good organic soil keeps you away from bottled nutes. Then you can feed some epsom salt, and/or molasses when needed ,or if your trying to push your plants a little . I don't deal with coco.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
BioBizz. Been using it for years and have tried dozens of organic fertilizers. Its a little on the pricey side (not like AN tho) but imo its well worth it. A few local shops make their own version of it as the Grow formula is mostly just molasses. But it works great IMO.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

For Organic
Either Clackamas COOT Living Soil. Follow Exactly.

Also have used
2 parts Sphagnum Peat
1 Part Perlite
Peruvian Seabird Guano. 12-11-2...I used to use the 0-12-0 along with it, but is unnecessary as 12-11 are alsomt perfect ratio for weed, though it does like a 19.5-20 for N/P.. Guano is low in Potassium. Weed LOVES K, and from the research Ive read weed likes an almost 2:1 ratio of K vs Nitrogen. Weed likes 39. which is 2x the 19.5 recommended by tissue analysis.
I add wood ash to add K, but is alkaline, so be careful.
Kelp Powder
Azomite
Compost Bioactivator
Calcitic/Dolomitic Lime. 2 parts Calcitic to 1 Part Dolomite...3 tsp per gallon soil
Feed Kelp, and Guano teas every so often.
Peruvian Seabird Guano is the most nutrient rich fertilizer there is in power form.
12-11-2...

Chemical
Promix BX. Or Promix HP Mainly BX....1/2-1 tsp Calcitic/Dolomite Lime per gallon Promix.
Chem Gro
4-20-39
15.5 0 0 Calcium Nitrate
Mono K Phosphate 0 52 34/// Flowering only
Epsom Salts/Magnesium Sulfate.. Buy Locally

Chemical... Containers
Promix BX..
Calcitic/Dolomite Lime
19-19-19 granular.. like used for veggies.
0-0-60
Kelp Powder

Ive always wondered why you never see anyone using fert like used in farming.
Ive used it since the early 80s, in containers. All you have to do is figure out how much to add of each ingredient, and is easily doable.
As long as you don't add to much, there is no chance of burn, or over fert, having to flush using the correct ratios, the plant will use all it needs, and no more, if it aint force fed.

All ya gotts to do is water, add some extra Mono K Phosphate, and Magnesium at certain times in flower. Other than that, its water only.:opps:

Last edited:
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I like to keep it simple. What you are doing might work for you but if it doesn’t scare away 99% of the newbies then I don’t know what will. Haha. Thanks for sharing though. Interesting read none the less.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Coco + peat + barley husks to loosen farm compost. Start loose. Ferment anything . You can toss it out later just start fermenting now. Too many people dumping organic waste and raw organic extracts straight into the soil. A rabbit is a big worm which is a big bacteria. Just a way to look at it. Needs broken down and colonized first. Whether you run it through a microbial or an elephant. Quality shit from natural fertilizer machines starts with quality inputs. Meaning the better your ferments. Using the edible parts not the scraps will get you craft soil.

Hit up your funeral home for florals, the orchards for rotten fruit, farms for manure. Plenty of small operations in your area I'm sure that understand the organic methodology and aren't out to rip everyone off. Start with somone else's soil, organic compost not potting mix, and build upon it as you can. You can learn faster than plants grow and I've never needed amendments in veg.

Top Bottom