Finally Dropped My Beans.

• Thread starter xjking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xjking

xjking

Its official, I have finally started my first official crop. The seeds are planted in Jiffy pellets. After sprouting I will transplant them in solo cups with Ocean Forest soil. I started with one OG Kush freebie seed and one Northern Lights. I will see what happens over the next few days. Excited doesn't even begin to explain it.

Started seeds

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

I see my jiffy pellets put out side roots better than my root riots.. My RRs' dont seem to root much on the upper portion like the pellets.

Love Peat Moss.

xjking

xjking

4 days and I have a new baby girl. Hopefully the OF isn't far behind. Can I leave the top on both of them or should I transplant the NL immediately?

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Got some plastic party cups? If you got a tap root popping out of that, get em in some dirt so they can get to work.

or are we skipping that step because they will have to form a more robust rootball naturally?

xjking

xjking

Got some plastic party cups? If you got a tap root popping out of that, get em in some dirt so they can get to work.

or are we skipping that step because they will have to form a more robust rootball naturally?
I will go to a solo cup, but will the sprout be ok under the clear dome until the OG sprouts, or wil it be too humid for it under there? I would prefer to transplant at the same time if it wont hurt my new girl.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Of course. It might stretch to the light, but its safe under there for now. Id pot it up if it ends up stretching.

xjking

xjking

20180427 153903
I've had a lot of action the last couple of days. The NL got it's first real set of leaves quickly. Also my OG sprouted. The seed shell was stuck on it but my wife's steady hand surgically removed it. Things are looking great. Planning to re-plant in solo cups tomorrow.

xjking

xjking

Well today I found the leaves on my OG still hadn't uncurled so did some research and found out there is a membrane too. I got that off and two leaves popped right open. I transplanted them into solo cups with ffof and gave them heir first water since I dropped em. Tested drain water for each and had ph 6.6 and 1566 ppm for NL. Ph 6.7 and 1171 ppm for og. I assume yes was so high because of fresh soil and hope it is ok for my girls. A couple of awful pics because of blurple lights.
20180428 191958
20180428 191958

20180428 192006
xjking

xjking

Checking on the girls today and I am happy with how the northern lights is doing, but I am getting concerned about the OG kush. It hasn't changed at all since I removed the seed shell and membrane. I don't know if it got stunted from that or if it just will die off. It still is nice and green, just nothing is growing. I'll give it more time, maybe it is just slower than the northern lights. Here are some pics...

April302
April30

I noticed I haven't given any specs about my grow area. I am growing in a 36x36x78 tall tent. Using a 500W advertised Chinese red/blue LED. I also have 4 QB132 boards that i am not using yet. Mostly because they dont put off any heat and my grow area is a little cool so the heat from the red/blue light is helping keep things around 70 degrees. I am running the light 18/6 and humidity is 45-50%. I am running a 16w monkey fan 24/7.

Any idea if there is anything I should do for the og kush, I really dont wanna lose it.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

How many days has it been since the shell was removed?

It looks healthy asside from the stem purpling.

Gotta consider that not every plant even among its brothers and sisters of its kind, grows at the same rate. Some grow slow in veg.

Can yeh get us a pic that better represents those leaves.. looking closer I can't tell as its fuzzy.

xjking

xjking

How many days has it been since the shell was removed?

It looks healthy asside from the stem purpling.

Gotta consider that not every plant even among its brothers and sisters of its kind, grows at the same rate. Some grow slow in veg.

Can yeh get us a pic that better represents those leaves.. looking closer I can't tell as its fuzzy.
It has been about 3 days since the shell was removed, the leaves themselves look a bit misshapen (crumpled) i suspect because the shell was stuck on there for about 24 hours. Otherwise the leaves are perfectly green and no signs of tearing or off colors. What would the purple stem mean?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
As @DemonTrich mentioned FFoF does run a tad hot. And is packed with minerals right out of the gate. DO NOT add additional nutes for the 1st 3-4 weeks of veg if your going to veg that long. Some good AACT tea's is ok but stay away from the bottled nutes until later in veg. Or you run the risk of N toxicity. After 3-4 weeks if you want to veg longer you can start adding other supplements. Good luck and karma on your run....... :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom