Finding My Nutes - Nutrient report

• Thread starter BayArea
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cutdown

One of the most informative and interresting nutrient experaments i've ever read ,Ty for posting it and ty for doing it =)

E

endizm

So is this the final answer for the proper EJ feeding?

-------------Catalyst--------Micro---------Grow---------Bloom-------Meta K

week1 veg-----5ml----------5ml-----------5ml
week2 veg----10ml----------5ml-----------5ml
week3 veg----10ml----------5ml-----------10ml
week4 veg----10ml----------5ml-----------10ml
week5 flower--10ml----------5ml-----------10ml-----------5ml---------2.5ml
week6 flower--10ml----------5ml-----------10ml---------10ml----------2.5ml
week7 flower--10ml----------5ml-----------10ml---------10ml---------2.5ml
week8 flower--5ml-----------5ml-----------15ml---------15ml---------2.5ml
week9 flower--5ml-----------5ml-----------15ml--------20ml---------2.5ml
week10flwer----------------5ml-----------10ml-------- 25ml---------2.5ml
week11flwr-----------------5ml------------------------20ml
week12 FLUSH

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
"FINAL EARTH JUICE SCHEDULE:

----------Cat-----------Micro---------Grow---------Bloom--------Hi-Brix--------Hygrozyme

1veg------5ml----------5ml------------5ml
2veg------5ml---------5ml------------5ml
3veg------5ml---------5ml-------------5ml----------------------5ml-------------2.5ml
4veg------7.5ml--------5ml------------7.5ml----------------------5ml-------------2.5ml
5flwr------10ml---------5ml------------7.5ml---------5ml-----------5ml-------------2.5ml
6flwr------10ml---------5ml------------10ml--------10ml-----------5ml-------------5.0ml
7flwr------10ml---------5ml------------10ml--------10ml-----------10ml------------5.0ml
8flwr------5.0ml--------5ml------------10ml---------15ml----------10ml------------7.5 ml
9flwr------5.0ml--------5ml------------10+ml--------20ml----------10ml------------5ml
10flwr------------------5ml------------10+ml------20-25ml---------10ml------------2.5ml
11flwr------------------5ml------------------------20ml------------10ml
12flwr-------------FLUSH

Hi-Brix (0-0-3) is made by Earth Juice. It is similar to Black-strap Molasses but contains more plant appropriate amino acids and plant extracts. I love the stuff. This cycle works excellent for me. These days I still use Pro-mix or Sunshine mix #4 for my medium. I add very few nutrients to the soil itself. I'll put a small hand full of worm castings in each 5 gallon pot and some Dolomite. I also add mycorrhiza to the soil at the transplant from 1 to 5 gallon pots. It is included already in the soiless mix however I find benefits from adding it non the less. Remember my schedules are only starting points. Your water supply alone could change results drastically. Earth juice specifically is notoriously poor at blending with RO filtered water. It tends to prefer harder water. I simply leave my tap water out for a few days and try to bubble air through it for 24 hours prior to mixing anything. I also pre-mix my grow separately and then add it to the solution - it can be fairly solid sometimes and needs some extra shaking up. The addition of Hi-Brix has been fantastic. Microbial life with this schedule does exceptional and the Hi-brix really helps feed the root zone. You'll notice that my overall application of the primary E.J. nutes was diminished with the addition of Hygrozyme. I think any isolated enzyme product would do.

As far as prices are concerned, I thought the results were interesting. FoxFarm for example is simply not as cheap as every one thinks. With the addition of the solubles it becomes more expensive than the majority of organics. Bio-Canna is expensive! - but the stuff is unique and effective. I also remember Advanced Nutrients being quite pricey but I'll refrain from calling them out until I do the math. I also thought it's interesting that blending Marine nutes with Earth Juice created a real cheap application. Knowing what your feeding your plants not only helps in predictability and successful harvests but can save you money also."

Here is his final schedule. Read through the MP thread he started - link is in this thread.

G

GSA396

GREAT Thread...

Amazing artical... a lot of indepth research, I would really be interested in seing your schedules if possible to study further.
:banana1sv6:

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
+ 1 rep to bay area. If he is still on this forum...

Great info here.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I have found that the EJ schedule is in dire need of a pk booster in bloom. EJ does make an organic product for this by the way. I was running into some P deficiencies in bloom on the "final schedule". Either way I'll be trying it next run to see what this schedule holds. Thanks again Bay Area, and I hope your still on the Farm! Also I'd like to see some more of the works that you mentioned in the original post!

Cheers,
Crom

P

pickmybud

Meta-K?

What happened to the Meta-K in the final EJ schedule? Was it removed due to the K content in the Brix?

Dunge

Dunge

Old thread that needs new readers.
while going through to unwatch some old subscribed threads, this one caught my eye.
Read and learn.

reeldrag

reeldrag

I agree great read lots of solid good info I would recommend this as a good nute set up for expert to beginners alike experts can tweak it for max results and beginners will get solid results.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

This is not scientific, but still very interesting. I've started adding hops to my mix because you mentioned Canna contains hops extracts. My feed water smells like light beer :)

Bayarea: Do you believe you can combine the AN yield with the EJ quality? Have you tried adding Catalyst, Meta K or Hi Brix to the AN regimen?

C

CannaN00b

I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd ask anyways, to clarify the results for purposes of reproducing similar results . What size container were you using when conducting the tests? Were they fabric pots?

Also, which promix were you using and did you amend it with anything else?

B

BabyDaddy

When I pre-mix (with-in hours of application) I'll frequently adjust pH. I only add minor amounts of EJ's pH up. It works slowly but does seem to make things climb over time if I use to much. The tea seems more stabile for me and I can get away with just adding it when ready. My pH is typically to low if anything. I'm not sure if you mentioned your medium? Adding dolomite can sometimes help stabilize things. Another important thing to do IMO w/ EJ applications is allow 15% to 20% of your nutrient fluid to flow through your substrate - this will help with some of the lock out issues and leach some of the medium. I only do this after the first few waterings however. This gives microbial life time to bind to your medium and maintain populations through the frequent leaching.

They should mention the RO issue. I read an interesting article recently about how nutrient companies typically design their programs based on three different water types: soft, hard and buffered. Each solution is designed for specific water types. I've never seen this mentioned on any companies schedule but it makes sense. Even in this test some solutions are buffered from pH swings and others need balancing one way or the other.
What is the issue with RO?

Top Bottom