Finishing Shady Bottom-buds

• Thread starter Snakeskins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Hey guys. I'm thinking about letting the smaller buds on the bottom of my three plants mature for longer under the revealed light after I harvest the fully matured buds on top. The problem is, I don't know if it works like that or not lol. I've heard of someone in this forum trying that a few years back. But I don't know who he is or if it worked out for him or not.

The plants have just started their 7th week of flowering so there is still some time before I harvest. After said harvest the plan of action for me will be either to start a new grow with a single female plant or to try the method I purposed above.

Any suggestions or insight you may have are quite necessary for me :) Thx

Finishing shady bottom buds
Last edited:
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Sure you can do that. I’ve done it before with no ill effects. (Stupid auto correct I had type ill 14 times before I said fuck it, ha)

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Sure you can do that. I’ve done it before with no ill effects. (Stupid auto correct I had type ill 14 times before I said fuck it, ha)
Do the buds get bigger at all or do they simply condense? How much more time did you need to give the buds to mature?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
About a week or so. They’ll get a little bigger. Just make sure they don’t over ripen. I quit doing it cuz I was limited on space and like to grow SOG style so I needed the space for the next plant. Butnif you got room by all means go for it.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Sounds like a plan to me. Thx @JWM2. I think the sugar leaves will need to make that happen because it looks like most of the fan leaves underneath the canopy will have fallen off or wilted away.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah by all means of you got the space go for it. The bottom buds ripen a little slower due to lack of light penetration. Did I just say penetration? Lol

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You gotta remember the first 2-3 days are gonna be recovery for the plant before she starts putting anything on the lower buds.

newh

newh

Hey guys. I'm thinking about letting the smaller buds on the bottom of my three plants mature for longer under the revealed light after I harvest the fully matured buds on top. The problem is, I don't know if it works like that or not lol. I've heard of someone in this forum trying that a few years back. But I don't know who he is or if it worked out for him or not.

The plants have just started their 7th week of flowering so there is still some time before I harvest. After said harvest the plan of action for me will be either to start a new grow with a single female plant or to try the method I purposed above.

Any suggestions or insight you may have are quite necessary for me :) Thx
I have done it a few times,it helps the larfy buds for sure

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

EDIT LONG OVERDUE: I had posted that my plants were in their 7th week of 12/12 when they were really in their 6th week of 12/12. My mistake. I'd rather not steer any new comers in the wrong direction if they ever view this post lol.

Jbellsmoke

Jbellsmoke

I like to use a couple cheap led for side lighting. I find the plant finishes those lower bastards up the same time. Just my opinion.

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

I like to use a couple cheap led for side lighting. I find the plant finishes those lower bastards up the same time. Just my opinion.
Whoever says side lighting doesnt help is a big fat liar.
I acquired old t12 2x4 fluorescents and easily converted to led 6500k white light and it is a great add to the spectrum of my hps and the benefit of helping the larfy buds out.
I also rotate 180° everyday because I dont use any scrog , so I can . It doesnt hurt.
Barely any temp given off and they can grow right up to em. Mine are hung vertically from the floor joists using tie wire.

Jbellsmoke

Jbellsmoke

Whoever says side lighting doesnt help is a big fat liar.
I acquired old t12 2x4 fluorescents and easily converted to led 6500k white light and it is a great add to the spectrum of my hps and the benefit of helping the larfy buds out.
I also rotate 180° everyday because I dont use any scrog , so I can . It doesnt hurt.
Barely any temp given off and they can grow right up to em. Mine are hung vertically from the floor joists using tie wire.
I'm set up the same no Scrog with turn tables under plants. That's it a little turn everyday and buds stay happy.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I'm set up the same no Scrog with turn tables under plants. That's it a little turn everyday and buds stay happy.
I have always wondered about turn tables. I have wanted to try an automatic turntable that rotates very slowly (like one full rotation per lights on period) to see if it would help growth at all. But right now I just turn them 1/4 turn each day lol

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

I have always wondered about turn tables. I have wanted to try an automatic turntable that rotates very slowly (like one full rotation per lights on period) to see if it would help growth at all. But right now I just turn them 1/4 turn each day lol
Ive heard if running the lights on a track. Never turn tables though.
This would still work if I did a seperate scrog for each pot

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Please fellas. Too much maintainance for a weed. Stop pampering them and let them evolve as the weed they are. You know I've only ever used PHed tap water for the duration of all my grows? And look at me, not a single grief. Roflol!!!!

20180911 192253
Top Bottom