First 100% Sativa Plus First Time Sk#1 Grow... Day 2

• Thread starter RuralFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Yeah I use wide mouth 1 quart jars. These buds don't weigh much, so you can put a lot in the jar and still not have an oz if you don't check. With Indicas it varies. Sometimes 2 oz in a jar like you. You have had one heck of a fun grow this season. Kudos to you SmithsJunk.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah I use wide mouth 1 quart jars. These buds don't weigh much, so you can put a lot in the jar and still not have an oz if you don't check. With Indicas it varies. Sometimes 2 oz in a jar like you. You have had one heck of a fun grow this season. Kudos to you SmithsJunk.

That must be some very airy bud. My Orange Creamsicle last year was super foofy and it still fit 2 zips in a quart jar. The only thing I can think of that would make them that light is if they were bone dry and very loosely dropped in the jar, and still, that's a whole lot of foof. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing your bud, just trying to reckon it.

Here's the difference between my current OC and last year's...

Top, current OC 2.1g, bottom, 2017 OC 2.2g
20181021 232012

Left, '17 OC 1.56oz, Right '18 OC 2.27oz
20181021 232407

Was having trouble trying to imagine 1 zip filling a quart but now that I've taken another look at last year's OC and realised that it wasn't all that fluffy. Now I can see what you're saying.

(My neighbor's Chocolate Diesel hermed in his grow room from light pollution during it's 12/12 and his exhaust vent blew towards my garden. I got a small number of beans from both my OC and Royal Nepal Kush. I was pissed at first but now I'm thanking him because they got prego'd from some bomb a$$ fire.)

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

You see what I mean I think. Nope, not bone dry. These are 100% sativa buds there guy. They supposed to be light and airy, and they are. They are also LOADED with goo! Don't question a Veteran grower, who has over 14 years experience indoors and longer outdoors. LOL. But, this is the first time I ever grew 100% Sativas. Heck, I have never grown a strain more than 25% sativa until now. Believe me, tremendous difference in bud density. I just now chopped the BG auto pictured above and its buds are rock hard.

I can no longer safely grow outdoors so I envy you there. I grew my first plants outdoors back in the late 70's. So, I been fooling with them long time. If I had a place I would be growing outdoors. I still believe weed or any other crop does better with real sunshine.

I went back and weighed the 9 jars from yesterday and even less than I thought. Only 8 ounces in 9 jars. That's the big difference. The buds are made up of gobs of long stringy little buds. There structure is completely different from indicas. I am only weighing this grow to learn about Sativa yields. I really don't care about weight anymore. It's all just for me. Anything I produce and don't use is trash. Years gone are the days of trying to make a buck.

The remaining plant is in darkness and will be chopped in the morning. This stuff is fire. I'm loving it and the taste of its rosin is heaven.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
There structure is completely different from indicas. I am only weighing this grow to learn about Sativa yields.

I took down my Matanuska Thunderf**k over the holidays and it is just getting ready. It is a possibly pure Sativa...I don't know since there were only 2 kinds back then...and Indicas were the new kid on the block. Anyhow, I agree that they are much lighter in weight and density...in the 80s I think it was mostly called Jamaican Lambsbreath. I think it was a Malawi origin. In any event, I was impressed by the black diesel that I grew until I tried the old strain MT, which knocked me back much more than I was expecting for such an old and unimproved strain. Long Live Sativa's!! For those who have never tried these, they are missing a LOT! Growers don't like it too much since it doesn't have the yields or the bag appeal of rock hard nugs, but you can still get some big colas that are dangerous. Here is one of my colas pre cut. Same strain since the 70s!
Blood bud

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Nice. That looks like pure Sativa budding to me. I just placed a strain called Jack Herer (Mostly Sativa) in the dark. That strain I just grew out, I had the name backwards I know now. Ace seeds developed 2 Malawi crosses with Panama. I grew the "Panama x Malawi" which takes on the Panama plant structure and high yields. My final yield was 28 ounces from 3 plants.

I just harvested a strain called White Skunk, which bloomed out almost exactly like the cross above, with very long running Colas. I was surprised it bloomed that way. It has an Indica dominant stone too. However, the Jack Herer I just put to sleep smells big time of Sativa. Just like the cross above. I recently harvested my first OG Kush plant, which went way over the estimated flowering time. I can confirm, the hype about the strain is real. It is impressive, very potent.

I have seeds from Eva seeds of a Jamaican strain called Jamaican Dream, which supposed to be 100% Sativa and finish in only 47 days flowering.

I have been tempted to get and grow Columbian Gold by Underground Seeds, but, it would tie up my tall tent for about 5 months for just a few ounces. I just wonder if it would be what I remember from the 70's. The Malawi cross reminds me some, but the smell/taste just isn't sweet like that Gold was.

I bet your strain is great. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Nice. That looks like pure Sativa budding to me. I just placed a strain called Jack Herer (Mostly Sativa) in the dark. That strain I just grew out, I had the name backwards I know now. Ace seeds developed 2 Malawi crosses with Panama. I grew the "Panama x Malawi" which takes on the Panama plant structure and high yields. My final yield was 28 ounces from 3 plants.

I have been tempted to get and grow Columbian Gold by Underground Seeds, but, it would tie up my tall tent for about 5 months for just a few ounces. I just wonder if it would be what I remember from the 70's. The Malawi cross reminds me some, but the smell/taste just isn't sweet like that Gold was.

The yield was pretty good, considering it was an indoor Sativa. I took some clones from one and ended up with an unusual issue. From the 3 cuttings taken from the same branch, 2 look pretty bushy, which is sort of unusual with these unless they heavily re-veg, and one is tall and lanky...at least 3X the size of the other 2. It was done by a buddy and he might have screwed up the light cycle. The tall cola in the picture was pictured at 60 days. I let it go an additional 16 days and easily doubled the yield as everything got a lot fatter and greasier in those last 2 weeks. FWIW, I cut a sister to this one when the picture was taken and it was ready, at that point, according to all of the usual advice you hear given in most threads (30% cloudy trichs?). I waited the extra weeks and it was well worth it. Hybrids and Indicas might be best at that point, but the flavor, potency, and heft was much greater by overwaiting a few weeks. The plants looked like trees in fall, with the fan leaves shriveled and falling. I would love to see someone take this strain outdoors with a long growing season...it grows very tall and is unreal outside. Much like a Christmas tree.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I just harvested a strain called White Skunk, which bloomed out almost exactly like the cross above, with very long running Colas. I was surprised it bloomed that way. It has an Indica dominant stone too. However, the Jack Herer I just put to sleep smells big time of Sativa. Just like the cross above. I recently harvested my first OG Kush plant, which went way over the estimated flowering time. I can confirm, the hype about the strain is real. It is impressive, very potent.

I have seeds from Eva seeds of a Jamaican strain called Jamaican Dream, which supposed to be 100% Sativa and finish in only 47 days flowering.

I just traded for some Jack beans. Very excited about it. Fell in love with he high THCv content of Durban and I've read Jack can carry similar levels. Thought it had Durban genetics, but it does not appear so.

Looking forward to seeing it. Any pics?

I'm still blown away by the sise of the colas of your indoor grow. Just finished my first tent grow with only so-so results. I was growing in a tent outside during the winter so I think I did alright considering. No easy task successfully growing weed while often battling temps below freezing.

Funk junky

Funk junky

Yeah man think my mind is made up gonna chuck some of them Malawipams or is it pamalawi’s in with some mountain temple from bodhi and maybe have a c99 fem from brothers grim to make sure my numbers pan out. I believe the day everyone buys fems were fucked. But I’m in U.K. and my neighbour lives in spitting distance, if I had super powers and could punch through walls undetected I could and most probably would land one straight his nose, so as he as has talked to my landlord it’s autumn (fall) and spring grows for me. So with the regs I grow I have to oversize just slightly, but make sure I don’t have loads of plants over. Yeah just had to go more stealth to survive. These are from my last grow they are of snow lotus leaning jabbas stash from bodhi I had from a five pack jabbas 3 female and chucked two granddaddy blue in that were gifted to me. She was prolific yielding but airy, but I adjusted my light schedule to a more sativa friendly cycle slowly dropping it from the indica friendly 12-12. Last 2 photos gdb

29DB4367 2723 4215 8833 D4021A2F0C1D
7A98CFBF B453 4AE9 B15A 1FD162F59B76
4C90282C 328B 428D 8ADF E3455CB87D80
C7F5B76F D9C3 4324 89C3 718A832E638C
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah man think my mind is made up gonna chuck some of them Malawipams or is it pamalawi’s in with some mountain temple from bodhi and maybe have a c99 fem from brothers grim to make sure my numbers pan out. I believe the day everyone buys fems were fucked. But I’m in U.K. and my neighbour lives in spitting distance, if I had super powers and could punch through walls undetected I could and most probably would land one straight his nose, so as he as has talked to my landlord it’s autumn (fall) and spring grows for me. So with the regs I grow I have to oversize just slightly, but make sure I don’t have loads of plants over. Yeah just had to go more stealth to survive. These are from my last grow they are of snow lotus leaning jabbas stash from bodhi I had from a five pack jabbas 3 female and chucked two granddaddy blue in that were gifted to me. She was prolific yielding but airy, but I adjusted my light schedule to a more sativa friendly cycle slowly dropping it from the indica friendly 12-12. Last 2 photos gdb

Very nice.

Funk junky

Funk junky

Hey man you have to check my bruh in South Africa’s threads @Sun Valley

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I just traded for some Jack beans. Very excited about it. Fell in love with he high THCv content of Durban and I've read Jack can carry similar levels. Thought it had Durban genetics, but it does not appear so.

Looking forward to seeing it. Any pics?

I'm still blown away by the sise of the colas of your indoor grow. Just finished my first tent grow with only so-so results. I was growing in a tent outside during the winter so I think I did alright considering. No easy task successfully growing weed while often battling temps below freezing.
I wish I had kept some pics of the White Skunk I just grew as well. She took on a bud structure very similiar to the giant colas in the Malawi grow. I been growing plenty of strains since this thread, but just haven't been posting any pics much. I went back and found one of the Jack Herer. She turned very purple in the last weeks. From what I remember, the genetics are origional Haze x NL #5 x Shiva Skunk. I don't know how many phenos are out there, but mine looks more Indica in bud structure. The stone is better than Malawi IMO. It has much more body to it, the rosin is sweet and the stone reminds me of Columbian Gold.

Thanks for your comments! I bet you did have a time growing in a tent outdoors. :cool:

Jack Herer, about Day 65
20190114 091011

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

What I grew was the Panama x Malawi, I know now. I was amazed at the yield from only 3 plants, way more than an indoor Indica can produce using my lights, pot size, and all. However, I have decided I prefer a mixed stone or a more Indica type stone. I love the sativa high too, but it's better in the mornings only. I just never had grown a 100% Sativa before, in fact never more than about 30% Sativa. I was always afraid I would run out of head room. Now I realize anything about it can be grown inside with adequate training.

Looks like you did a nice job with those above, and a nice yield too. Keep up the good work man! :cool:

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I wish I had kept some pics of the White Skunk I just grew as well. She took on a bud structure very similiar to the giant colas in the Malawi grow. I been growing plenty of strains since this thread, but just haven't been posting any pics much. I went back and found one of the Jack Herer. She turned very purple in the last weeks. From what I remember, the genetics are origional Haze x NL #5 x Shiva Skunk. I don't know how many phenos are out there, but mine looks more Indica in bud structure. The stone is better than Malawi IMO. It has much more body to it, the rosin is sweet and the stone reminds me of Columbian Gold.

Thanks for your comments! I bet you did have a time growing in a tent outdoors. :cool:

Jack Herer, about Day 65
View attachment 854955

Wow. That's a beauty. It'll be fun to see how she grows outdoors. Thanks.

My poor little girls from the winter grow. The cold turned em bright red.
20190111 123245
20190116 094016
20190125 110221
20190108 132756

Last edited:
Funk junky

Funk junky

Try outside growing here lol. Done nearly 10 years gorilla growing here. You have the 50% rule ha ha. 50% means cut and run ripe or not, but if you choose strains accordingly is doable. Only thing is grade only way to combat what the cold does is to darken greenhouses or grow super autos. Anything auto under a metre can be subsceptble to botryitis here I find

G

GoldenDragon

100% sativa would be hemp.
Why would you think 100% sativa would be hemp. Sativas were grown only for flowering ganja. They wasnt multipurpose plants were they rubbed them for hash, then left the plants to keep growing then got more hash and oils. And with the stems rope and seeds as food. Sativas were grown and selected for potency. Were as multi purposes plants for hash and rope and oils were selected for stem fibre, cbd and thc.

Top Bottom