First Attempt At Making A Cross

• Thread starter Thatoneguy43
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Thatoneguy43

This year is my most successful year for outdoor growing so far. All of my plants are starting toflower now and got my hands on a Raspberry Cough Male that is about 7 weeks old that is ready to burst pollen within the next week. My question is what the results would be if I crossed this Reg male with a tall healthy 3.5 month old White Widow Fem that stands at about 6 feet tall in a 7 gallon smart pot that’s in Fox Farm ocean soil. I received this seed from Canuck seeds as a promotion seed with an order.
Question 2: what is the best most successful way of pollinating with the male. And is it possible to just pollinate some bud sites and not all what the results would be with the non pollinated bud sites?

T

Thatoneguy43

yeah u can select a few lower branches to pollinate .there will prob b some seeds around the branches u pollinate too depending how much pollon u use and how carefull u are.the un pollinated buds will grow as normal
Sweet thanks! Any advice on ways of pollinating at descrete as possible ?

Bannacis

Bannacis

You can use baggies, put pollen in said baggy. in one corner, pinch it so it doesn't move. lower baggy over selected bud. tape the opened end of baggy closed around stem. release pollen and shake the bud. leave on for day or two. carefully remove baggy and mist the area, this will deactivate the pollen.
You could also do the paint brush method, just paint selected bud with pollen.
Make sure all fans are off when doing this.
Also start the female in flower two weeks before flowering the male. this way you will have more hairs to pollinate.

Monster762

Monster762

This year is my most successful year for outdoor growing so far. All of my plants are starting toflower now and got my hands on a Raspberry Cough Male that is about 7 weeks old that is ready to burst pollen within the next week. My question is what the results would be if I crossed this Reg male with a tall healthy 3.5 month old White Widow Fem that stands at about 6 feet tall in a 7 gallon smart pot that’s in Fox Farm ocean soil. I received this seed from Canuck seeds as a promotion seed with an order.
Question 2: what is the best most successful way of pollinating with the male. And is it possible to just pollinate some bud sites and not all what the results would be with the non pollinated bud sites?
As said you can pollenated lower branches carefully. I crossed for my first time. Xbj16 male
Blotto ogk fem female
Xbj reg female
Loompa goo reg female.
No idea what it’ll come out as but so far 100% germ rate and real good growth rate too.
Note. Once the plant has been pollenated it focuses a lot of its energy to produce seed. Bud size suffers. Quality was still great though.

Reactions: Ina
Leew421

Leew421

I would highly suggest better genetics to work with. If you're going to do it, do it right. Look outside of the norm and check boutique breeders out.

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

I say go for it. Have some fun dude and keep some buds also?!?? Why not. Follow Bann and Monster recommendations and keep us posted.

Leew421

Leew421

I can send you some f1s to play with if you want to breed and try it out.

Top Bottom