First Attempt, Looking For Some Feedback Please

• Thread starter MisterDoctor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MisterDoctor

So this is my first shot at trying to do this myself, using a 30x30x16 inch cabinet that I've fitted with fans and lined. Any advice or tips would be extremely appreciated.

(2) 80mm Intake fans, (1) 120mm Outtake Fan, watering plants with distilled water with 6.5 ph and I attached a photo of the soil I am using. I also have purchased the FloraTrio nutrients for later down the road.

2 Biggest plants were planted February 10th after about 3 days germinating. The remaining 4 have been planted on February 15th after 2 days of germinating.

Thanks everyone!

First attempt looking for some feedback please
First attempt looking for some feedback please 2
First attempt looking for some feedback please 3
First attempt looking for some feedback please 4
First attempt looking for some feedback please 5
First attempt looking for some feedback please 6
First attempt looking for some feedback please 7
M

MisterDoctor

Also side note, the temperature inside box averages around 76 degrees F or 26 degrees C with an average humidity of 55%

Dan789

Dan789

You’re going to need light traps at those fans (and everywhere you show Purple light) so that you can control the light better, seems that this is in a living area, especially when you get to bloom. Props for the concept.

DGP

DGP

Standard potting mixes from the garden store can be risky for disease and pests. Better to buy some mixes made for cannabis like nectar or happy frog from a grow store. Looks like what you have is some general purpose stuff and when I do soil I have created issues for my grow by using general purpose mixes. They can also be quit hot nutritient wise and sometimes burn.

What you have might work but be on the lookout for any disease or pest isues.

D

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

To get rid of those little black gnats sprinkle some de earth around your plant, leave 4 2 days then water, de earth is organic and will kill those cockknokers dead, it will allso give your plant a little calcium, I saw a couple and did all my plants, the cacti pic will show you what I mean, it's hard to see beacuse of the pearlite, but you can take SNOLEPERD advice on this, you don't ever use poison on a plant that u intend to smoke, ps, make shure the De earth is food grade, even fox farms has a few of those pests, I hang flypaper, opend a new bag 4 my bubblegum kush I found 4 gnats thus i did all my plants. Sincerely. SNOLEPERD

DGP

DGP

Yeah, I hang the yellow sticky traps, also use food grade DE (very effective) it cuts the bugs up like microscopic glass shards. I have been using Happy Frog and Nectar's brand of soil as well. Both work well but plants seem to grow a little faster in the nectar brand. Within a few weeks though it seems like the starter nutes are gone.

D

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

I never heard of that mix my shop has some stuff called black gold & pallets full of f2f. SNOLEPERD

M

MisterDoctor

Any feedback on these ladies(hopefully), the bigger one, Lucy, is kind of sagging right now I'm unsure why, and the smaller one, Zoe, has weird curling on the leaves? Any advice? @Snoleperd

Day 14 for Lucy   Copy
Day 14 for Zoe   Copy
Update 24FEB   Day 10   Copy
Last edited:
M

MisterDoctor

Yeah, I don't like the look of the droopy ones. Could be indicating an over-watering situation but idk for sure.
Yeah I was thinking I need to put a tray below and allow better drainage because I only water once a week or so, once its no longer damp past my first knuckle.

45North

45North

Yeah, I don't like the look of the droopy ones. Could be indicating an over-watering situation but idk for sure.
I agree. That doesn’t look like WELL DRAINING soil. Just because the top looks dry doesn’t mean it needs water. Those bark chips really soak up the moisture

45North

45North

Yeah I was thinking I need to put a tray below and allow better drainage because I only water once a week or so, once its no longer damp past my first knuckle.
I’ve had way better luck with the cloth pots. Really lets the roots breath. I very rarely let water run out until the flush. If you use perlite rinse it before you mix it in. I like grow stones about the size of peas in 5g or less. Good luck

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Light warrior and ocean forest and grow stones. No perlite for me
Growstones are great, my shop was out so I ended up with that dog chow, you don't use pearlite? Pearlite adds nitrogen to your plant & allso airate your soil so it won't compact, but if it works 4 you great, I don't use much myself but I do use it, your friend. SNOLEPERD

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

You may want to add a little pearlite, it does not look like you added much, as 4 water , water drain and feel how heavy it wheys, when it gets lite time 2 water , you do use clay or grow stones 4 drainage after watering if you don't drain and the water will pool at the bottom , as 4 pearlite it adds nitrogen it allso airate your mix so your plant can get it's roots moveing around your pot, that's my opinion.your friend. SNOLEPERD

Latest posts

Top Bottom