First Attempt, Looking For Some Feedback Please

• Thread starter MisterDoctor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MisterDoctor

You may want to add a little pearlite, it does not look like you added much, as 4 water , water drain and feel how heavy it wheys, when it gets lite time 2 water , you do use clay or grow stones 4 drainage after watering if you don't drain and the water will pool at the bottom , as 4 pearlite it adds nitrogen it allso airate your mix so your plant can get it's roots moveing around your pot, that's my opinion.your friend. SNOLEPERD

I just snapped the bottoms off of the pots to allow drainage and put them in a tray, when I took the bottoms off I noticed the bigger ones roots were starting to poke through the holes. I may just force them into an early flower even if it is a very small yield.

M

MisterDoctor

So heres where I'm at currently. She's(once again hopefully a she) is outgrowing this small pot, but I figured she would. So I may just force each one into flower next week or so.

20180225 091543   Copy
20180225 091549   Copy
45North

45North

You may want to add a little pearlite, it does not look like you added much, as 4 water , water drain and feel how heavy it wheys, when it gets lite time 2 water , you do use clay or grow stones 4 drainage after watering if you don't drain and the water will pool at the bottom , as 4 pearlite it adds nitrogen it allso airate your mix so your plant can get it's roots moveing around your pot, that's my opinion.your friend. SNOLEPERD

45North

45North

Growstones are great, my shop was out so I ended up with that dog chow, you don't use pearlite? Pearlite adds nitrogen to your plant & allso airate your soil so it won't compact, but if it works 4 you great, I don't use much myself but I do use it, your friend. SNOLEPERD
I like these because the roots can grow into them

F81D25B2 0A34 44C9 9BFC 3CBBDD578198
M

MisterDoctor

@Snoleperd @45North
Update, I believe she was becoming rootbound in such a small container, hence her droopiness. It could also be overwatering as well. Hopefully she takes well to this transplant and things start going better. I had to get rid of the others unfortunately. Too limited on space so I picked my three strongest. Hopefully they are all girls.

Lucy rootbound   Copy
Transplate   Copy
45North

45North

@Snoleperd @45North
Update, I believe she was becoming rootbound in such a small container, hence her droopiness. It could also be overwatering as well. Hopefully she takes well to this transplant and things start going better. I had to get rid of the others unfortunately. Too limited on space so I picked my three strongest. Hopefully they are all girls.
Are you running high blues?
I think you nailed your issue.
Explosive root growth. How tight are the nodes?
I use high blue ratios in my early veg to promote root growth and tight nodes. (6 3 gal. In a4x4. Keeps my height to @ 31/2’) then I add some red and raise the light height. I do have full spectrum control.(very steep learning curve)
Your on the right track, trust your gut, I think they are about to expose in growth

Last edited:
45North

45North

Are you running high blues?
I think you nailed your issue.
Explosive root growth. How tight are the nodes?
I use high blue ratios in my early veg to promote root growth and tight nodes. (6 3 gal. In a4x4. Keeps my height to @ 31/2’) then I add some red and raise the light height. I do have full spectrum control.(very steep learning curve)
Your on the right track, trust your gut, I think they are about to expose in growth

294A35B7 0716 4EE0 8DB1 76F1E22C86D1
12F99837 83A5 41F3 8E56 497B2728D6D6
A9FF54E3 76EE 4FB0 A3E8 113D4B4ABC35
Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Your plant was definitely bound, I did not notice any clay pellets 4 drainage, my plants are bound all the time you would not be alive the abuse they can handle , however if you don't drain the plant after watering the water will pool at the bottom of the pot, when I say drain I mean drain then I airate a little, yes there are all kinds of lights, and other stuff 2 learn, but stick to the basics remember it's better to give your plant good mix, good drainage, good food, and love, some corners u can not cut. I took flack beacuse I use led spot light bulbs from home depo they are full spec, i still use them 4 supplemental light before I got my veg master I grew several plants just with spots from home depo, I know the light is not perfect but it works, I'm poor I would love 2 have the best light in the world but u do the best u can, I only grow autos now but I saved my cash and bought a bloom booster what I'm trying 2 say is there are some corners u can't cut, but if u use your imagination anything's possible, 1 more suggestion start off with an easy plant like northern light, it's stupid easy & you should not have 2 prune much or at all, don't stop don't get discouraged, if you need help just ask, yours. SNOLEPERD

M

MisterDoctor

Your plant was definitely bound, I did not notice any clay pellets 4 drainage, my plants are bound all the time you would not be alive the abuse they can handle , however if you don't drain the plant after watering the water will pool at the bottom of the pot, when I say drain I mean drain then I airate a little, yes there are all kinds of lights, and other stuff 2 learn, but stick to the basics remember it's better to give your plant good mix, good drainage, good food, and love, some corners u can not cut. I took flack beacuse I use led spot light bulbs from home depo they are full spec, i still use them 4 supplemental light before I got my veg master I grew several plants just with spots from home depo, I know the light is not perfect but it works, I'm poor I would love 2 have the best light in the world but u do the best u can, I only grow autos now but I saved my cash and bought a bloom booster what I'm trying 2 say is there are some corners u can't cut, but if u use your imagination anything's possible, 1 more suggestion start off with an easy plant like northern light, it's stupid easy & you should not have 2 prune much or at all, don't stop don't get discouraged, if you need help just ask, yours. SNOLEPERD
Are you saying that I should have put clay pellets on the bottom of my pot before adding my compost? Also I switched them into an organic compost I bought from the store, how do I know when to add more nutrients? I have FloraTrio but since I used a potting mix initially with them as babies idk when I should give more nutrients.

45North

45North

Immediately after transplant and 18 hours later comparison
Much happier! With your height restrictions in a cabinet, you have a lot of work ahead. Think SCROG. Be ready to top those babies and bring their arms out horizontally. Personally I would run a lowRyder auto in that cab.

M

MisterDoctor

Much happier! With your height restrictions in a cabinet, you have a lot of work ahead. Think SCROG. Be ready to top those babies and bring their arms out horizontally. Personally I would run a lowRyder auto in that cab.
Is it too early to start topping? I'm really aiming to try and get a short bush grow, still trying to figure out how to SCROG, like how high above the plants currently

45North

45North

#1pinch off at top at the natural Y
2. Keep a small weight or stake to keep the branches growing in the direction you want.(training)
3. Light height ... the farther away the more they will reach for it. To low and no room to develope and heat/ light burn can be an issue.

Try to find a strain that doesn’t grow very tall. Try some auto flowers. Pop to crop in 8 or so weeks

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Are you saying that I should have put clay pellets on the bottom of my pot before adding my compost? Also I switched them into an organic compost I bought from the store, how do I know when to add more nutrients? I have FloraTrio but since I used a potting mix initially with them as babies idk when I should give more nutrients.
U must put growstones or clay pellets it look like dog chow first put the pellets at the bottom of the pot covering the drainage holes, this must b done, then add your mix, when u water u water and then drain till no water comes out the holes, your ph is way off & drowned ur plant. SNOLEPERD

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

I grow autos, I use botanacare pro organic, I water it down and feed it to seedlings never burned a plant but u must acclimate. SNOLEPERD
I grow autos they say don't feed 4 20 days, but I go organic, I acclimate my plant from day 1.SNOLEPERD

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I found a temporary solution to root binding in plastic pots, here on THCFARMER (I use Fabric pots mostly) (but needed space, and these lil nursery pots had the right footprint.) Just like the real deal air pot, these DIY pots work great. I am using a few to try to make female pollen and keep the subject plants small.
Cost <$.99 cents US each and a few minutes with my soldering iron:)
Air pot 2

Reactions: Ina
Top Bottom