First Batch Of Chocolate Chip Cannacookies!

• Thread starter AJGirlsGrow2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Do you decarb your bud or trim in oven before infusing?

• Total voters
AJGirlsGrow2

AJGirlsGrow2

We did our first batch of edibles after harvest. I put together 34 grams of sugar leaf and mini lower plant buds which dried out and were in the freezer in ball jars. I put them in the ninja and ground em up and then put half in one jar with 2 sticks of butter and the other half with 2 sticks in another jar and put both jars bain marie inside a pot of lightly boiling/simmering water for 10 hours. Strained it and put it in the fridge. Today I weighed it. I got exactly half back so 8oz of butter. The instant cookie recipe calls for one stick of butter, I used a half of cannabutter and half regular butter. I added vanilla flavor and a piece of a reeses peanut butter cup on top to help with the flavor.

I used a conservative 5% for THC level in this Lithium OG Kush strain, though Ive seen they can be 15-20, even 30, I went with 5 based on lab testing of edibles with Kush strains. These may be roughly about 10 mg per cookie. I did not decarb in the oven first which I know is optional. I tried this way first, tested it, and I will decarb it next time and perhaps mix the water and butter to try to get less bud color and taste, either way the taste was not bad, it washed down nice with some milk. Peanut butter def helps and I'll probably do peanut butter or oatmeal raisin cookies next time or whatever else I think of or see by then. LOL. I have a few gift bags to hand out to some friends. :-) :smoking::p:cool::speechless::D:):shockedninja:

First batch of chocolate chip cannacookies
First batch of chocolate chip cannacookies 2
First batch of chocolate chip cannacookies 3
First batch of chocolate chip cannacookies 4
First batch of chocolate chip cannacookies 5
First batch of chocolate chip cannacookies 6
First batch of chocolate chip cannacookies 7
First batch of chocolate chip cannacookies 8
First batch of chocolate chip cannacookies 9
First batch of chocolate chip cannacookies 10
First batch of chocolate chip cannacookies 11
First batch of chocolate chip cannacookies 12
First batch of chocolate chip cannacookies 13
First batch of chocolate chip cannacookies 14
First batch of chocolate chip cannacookies 15
Dan789

Dan789

What was the "cookie" report? One cookie, happy, three cookies can't stop laughing, four cookies couch lock? Remember you're the ginny pig in this dosage experiment.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

You should decarb before baking. Just baking and hoping for a decarb won't happen. I'm a former certifies chef, so I know my way in a kitchen. Think of it like this. Directions for cookies, bake for 13 mins at 350*. The internal temp of cookies will never ever reach 350* unless tou cook for 1hr or longer. Another example... cooking a roast. Set for 350*, cook for 2 hrs. Or until internal temp hits 180*. You would have to cook the meat for 8hrs or so to get internal temp over 300*.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

You should decarb before baking. Just baking and hoping for a decarb won't happen. I'm a former certifies chef, so I know my way in a kitchen. Think of it like this. Directions for cookies, bake for 13 mins at 350*. The internal temp of cookies will never ever reach 350* unless tou cook for 1hr or longer. Another example... cooking a roast. Set for 350*, cook for 2 hrs. Or until internal temp hits 180*. You would have to cook the meat for 8hrs or so to get internal temp over 300*.

Good call.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

We did our first batch of edibles after harvest. I put together 34 grams of sugar leaf and mini lower plant buds which dried out and were in the freezer in ball jars. I put them in the ninja and ground em up and then put half in one jar with 2 sticks of butter and the other half with 2 sticks in another jar and put both jars bain marie inside a pot of lightly boiling/simmering water for 10 hours. Strained it and put it in the fridge. Today I weighed it. I got exactly half back so 8oz of butter. The instant cookie recipe calls for one stick of butter, I used a half of cannabutter and half regular butter. I added vanilla flavor and a piece of a reeses peanut butter cup on top to help with the flavor.

I used a conservative 5% for THC level in this Lithium OG Kush strain, though Ive seen they can be 15-20, even 30, I went with 5 based on lab testing of edibles with Kush strains. These may be roughly about 10 mg per cookie. I did not decarb in the oven first which I know is optional. I tried this way first, tested it, and I will decarb it next time and perhaps mix the water and butter to try to get less bud color and taste, either way the taste was not bad, it washed down nice with some milk. Peanut butter def helps and I'll probably do peanut butter or oatmeal raisin cookies next time or whatever else I think of or see by then. LOL. I have a few gift bags to hand out to some friends. :) :smoking::p:cool::speechless::D:):shockedninja:

Right on. Yum.

King Julien

King Julien

Whether or not to decarb before making butter is solely reliant upon how you plan to make that butter. Gonna water extract? Better decarb. Gonna just warm infuse oil and decarb as it heats to the right temp then don't bother. Just don't expect that way to be as good.

Recently I've just been decarbing after water extraction by heating the oil after it's cleaned. Easier to get the oil to and keep it at the right temp for me and know it's all at the right temp rather than having pockets of unknown hot and cold. Decarbing flower in an oven always had mixed results for me. Every oven is different and so is every batch's moisture content. That and I've been making lots of leave and stem batches lately and it's not really easy to decarb 2 grocery bags full of leafy crap before you cook it down.

Banana bread also covers up quite a bit of flavor. Especially with some nuts in there. The best thing I ever had though that covered up some seriously green tasting butter were some mint chocolate chip cookies a friend of mine made. The mint covered up the green taste and the chocolate kept it from being a mint cookie.

Top Bottom