First Cob Build.

• Thread starter OzyGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OzyGrow

Hi guys and gals,

Just thought I would start a quick thread to show some gratitude for all the help and advice for my first build.

A huge thanks to @sixstring for the advice and confirmations along the way, and everyone that contributes here on the forum, it all helped big time.

Starting was a little overwhelming to be honest, when your spending quite a bit of money and playing with electricity there is very little room for trial and error. But apart from one dicky potentiometer everything went extremely well, which surprised the shit out of me.

I ended up deciding on

vero29 SE ( B version )
3500k 80 cri & 3000k 90 cri.
9x cobs per fixture
3x cobs running per meanwell 320 1750.

I'll skip the actual building part because that changed a lot along the way, so here it is, all finished up and it has now been fired up.

Again, cheers to everyones help here on the forum.

What these pics don't show is how bright they actually are, and all the videos and pictures I sussed out before I started, I assume can't capture the true brightness of these things. It actually looks like a warm white and not very bright, but is the complete opposite.

To say I'm pretty excited to put these through their paces is a understatement :)

First cob build
First cob build 2
O

OzyGrow

That panel is badass,I like how it shows power draw of each ballast independently,will that work for Hps and CMH?

I really am not sure @Freshone. I never even knew of them until I was researching the build. The specs I guess look ok to be able to handle it, but I would research the shit out of it first

1816 House

1816 House

What these pics don't show is how bright they actually are, and all the videos and pictures I sussed out before I started, I assume can't capture the true brightness of these things. It actually looks like a warm white and not very bright, but is the complete opposite.
The panel work is first rate, OzyGrow.
The pictures don't do it justice how bright and pleasant the hue is. I'm thinking about using one in the living room for the wintering houseplants and just brightening everyone's winter mood.
It just feels like a white sandy beach in the afternoon every time the tent opens up, versus being in decontamination chamber with the burples.

O

OzyGrow

The panel work is first rate, OzyGrow.
Cheers Mate. :)

The pictures don't do it justice how bright and pleasant the hue is. I'm thinking about using one in the living room for the wintering houseplants and just brightening everyone's winter mood.
It just feels like a white sandy beach in the afternoon every time the tent opens up, versus being in decontamination chamber with the burples.

Ha ha ha, that's awesome. I never used the blurples before, but I could imagine. The pictures make it look very soft , but you're right, it is bright and pleasant, unless cranked full gas, that is intense.

Harley09

Harley09

Looks like an awesome light OzyGrow and the panel you built is very well done looks like you got skills. I'm gonna be runnin 12 Vero 29's on 2 Meanwell HLG320H-C1400B drivers I'm gonna use your panel as a reference for my set up.
I have ordered all the stuff I need now I'm waitin for it all to get here I'll post my build on my journal when it's done.
Stop by and take a look in about a week.

O

OzyGrow

Thanks heaps fellas. Still have a little bit to do, just waiting on bits and pieces to arrive and waiting on the little ladies to gain some size before transplant in the meantime.

Friggin fancy AF. Great work bud brother!

What space are you covering with these panels?

The space is more or less 7ft x 3ft, this is only the first half though, eventually the other side, which is the same, has to be done to, so will be 36 cobs ( pending how they perform ) once complete.

I hope it's ok to post some progress pics, if not because it's in the wrong thread, admin can delete.

20170825 100358 resized

Pic isn't the best, but a 95l pot under each frame with the water running off the wall. Resi is on the outside of the room along with the panel.

20170825 100411 resized

Made my own feed rings with 360 degree, adjustable flow water spray. Feed rings are easy ( I know ) but in the past, the ones I have used, have never covered the full pot, I'm hoping I fixed this with these.

20170825 100225 resized

Going on the 7th day since popping from the soil under the cfl's. I did have some teething issues with the timer, mainly due to my night time smoke I think. These are on a 18/6 light cycle and being fed a diluted seaweed mix for the last few days.

Left = Green Crack females ( As far as I'm aware, first time ever with seeds, so am only going under what they were sold as. The fact I haven't killed them is a win so far )
Right = Big Bud Auto's females ( freebies )

I'm only doing 2x of each, so I'll pick the best ones when I'm ready.

20170825 100442 001 resized

Green crack up close and personal. I am not sure if the stem should be that purple as it is pretty cold when those lights turn off. I have also noticed the leaf structure already a tad different, with the back left one being more stumpy and round and the other 2 a little taller and thinner. The odd one was a little slower on the take off to, so I am thinking that may be a keeper if only to see the difference. I did start with 6 seeds and all 6 sprouted, 24 hours in a cup of water and then overnight on the paper towel. If I had known they were all going to do something I would have just popped four, but I expected some fatalities.

The good thing with the way I set this up ( without meaning to ) is I can do some side by sides, there's a few things I would like to eventually test, like organic vs normal nutes with same strains and stuff like that.

Well that's all folks, hope you all enjoyed a few snap shots :)

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

Nice build clean and love the control panel. I use those pwem meters as well they are made for electrical panels and work quite well for your purpose. I love them for adjusting wattage and observing kwh draw.
You set the bar for remote power. Congrats.

Latest posts

Top Bottom