First Ever Grow, No Til, Documenting Every Learning Step

• Thread starter FutureGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ecompost

Ecompost

So my second cycle is a little over a week in, everything seems to be growing great and my cover crop is doing good as well. I need to get some more cover on the soil so the worms can do their thing too.

When I put the seed in the soil I spazzed put and forgot the mykos. I decided to throw mykos all over the top soil in the area I placed the seed. I also did a compost with mykos (I have no clue if this works I just did my best for damage control lol)

One other thing I decided to change was to water with aloe every other day except for days I add agsil.

The biggest difference between this cycle and my first is my confidence is way higher. I probably won't be growing top notch stuff this time around but I can see that if I continue with this then I'll absolutely get it down!
keep it up brother, the more you grow, the more you will learn and the better you will produce.

F

FutureGrower

keep it up brother, the more you grow, the more you will learn and the better you will produce.
Thanks man! It's honestly all because of people like yourself, brazel and others! I believe it was @brazel who convinced me to grow organically! I owe all of you some beers man. I would've been in this for way more money and probably wouldn't have even continued!

Now I'm looking into composting at home as well! I also got a couple plants for my home using the same soil but in mushroom media.

You guys rock

F

FutureGrower

Oh while watering my soil in and heating up my media I forgot to do a neem tea so I found some fungus gnats in my top soil a couple days ago. I just waited til I needed to water and did a neem tea. 80% of them were gone the next day and to my knowledge neem normally takes awhile to work so I'm hoping it'll get rid of all the larvae. I'm gonna do a aloe watering today then the next water I'll do another neem tea and I'll continue with that until the gnats are gone

Rcubed

Rcubed

Oh while watering my soil in and heating up my media I forgot to do a neem tea so I found some fungus gnats in my top soil a couple days ago. I just waited til I needed to water and did a neem tea. 80% of them were gone the next day and to my knowledge neem normally takes awhile to work so I'm hoping it'll get rid of all the larvae. I'm gonna do a aloe watering today then the next water I'll do another neem tea and I'll continue with that until the gnats are gone
You can grind up some mosquito dunks and sprinkle it on the top soil. (It's BT) That will kill the larvae.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Thanks man! It's honestly all because of people like yourself, brazel and others! I believe it was @brazel who convinced me to grow organically! I owe all of you some beers man. I would've been in this for way more money and probably wouldn't have even continued!

Now I'm looking into composting at home as well! I also got a couple plants for my home using the same soil but in mushroom media.

You guys rock
nice here are some videos to help, check the dude carlos out, he has more of these with subtitles in case you dont speak Spanish, I know many Americans do :-)

F

FutureGrower

Dude you're the man! I appreciate it a ton! My population of fungus gnats are tiny so I think I might go get some mosquito dunks and order some predatory nematodes as well.

I have to be honest and say I still haven't done my soil test I have a lot i ordered but haven't even looked at the box lol. Since there's the gnats I'm sure the nematodes aren't there.

Oh by the way I'm a white boy through and through and I failed my Spanish class over 10 years ago so I only speak English :(

Ecompost

Ecompost

Dude you're the man! I appreciate it a ton! My population of fungus gnats are tiny so I think I might go get some mosquito dunks and order some predatory nematodes as well.

I have to be honest and say I still haven't done my soil test I have a lot i ordered but haven't even looked at the box lol. Since there's the gnats I'm sure the nematodes aren't there.

Oh by the way I'm a white boy through and through and I failed my Spanish class over 10 years ago so I only speak English :(
LMFAO same here buddy, but I am learning now because I have too :-)

F

FutureGrower

So this is mostly off topic but I found it super interesting! The video is just a joe rogan podcast with a guy who specializes in mushrooms. You can listen to it on whatever podcast player too you don’t have to watch a YouTube video lol. Figured I’d share for anyone interested

Ecompost

Ecompost

So this is mostly off topic but I found it super interesting! The video is just a joe rogan podcast with a guy who specializes in mushrooms. You can listen to it on whatever podcast player too you don’t have to watch a YouTube video lol. Figured I’d share for anyone interested
yes Paul is a legend in our house

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

You guys rock
that was one righteous statement right there. Very Nice. :D

Top Bottom