First Ever Grow, No Til, Documenting Every Learning Step

• Thread starter FutureGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
So i finally made a scrog it's a little taller than I feel like it should be but I'll adjust it in the future if need be
Very nice she should fill that screen nicely. Keep tucking for another 2 weeks after you flip her to flower and then let her go vertical. Keep your lowers ie" everything below the screen well cleared and sit back and enjoy the ride!!!!

F

FutureGrower

Very nice she should fill that screen nicely. Keep tucking for another 2 weeks after you flip her to flower and then let her go vertical. Keep your lowers ie" everything below the screen well cleared and sit back and enjoy the ride!!!!

I love it! Thanks for the tips I can't wait for this cycle to get done so I can see if the adjustments helped from the first cycle

F

FutureGrower

I thought it was a decent time to throwing an update...

The scrog works great! My plant looks happier than last time and the flowers are growing away faster!

This far in no leaf chopping but I broke a few branches trying to work them into the scrog so its not as full as it should be. I'll learn in time

I mistimed my autoflowers by quite a bit (14 days lol.) I read my other auto flowers flowering date not this one... so it grew way taller than I wanted it to and I stopped training way too early.

I have around $1000 I'm dedicating to a better setup but I'm in no rush to get the ball rolling.

Currently I'm researching some DIY COB stuff after looking at the node spacing of my plant I realized I desperately need more blue light lol. Currently looking into some Crees Veros and one other company. If anyone has some knowledge and or advice/recommendations please share :)

I'm also more likely than not going to be doing 3-4 plants in the future as well

20180616 124641
F

FutureGrower

Almost forgot. This far into the grow I've kept my humidity between 45-55% with only 2 exceptions! (Was out of town once and once I let the humidity get a little high) but been very good and consistent for me!

Ecompost

Ecompost

Almost forgot. This far into the grow I've kept my humidity between 45-55% with only 2 exceptions! (Was out of town once and once I let the humidity get a little high) but been very good and consistent for me!
I am glad everything is growing well for you. We all break branches brother, I do it all the time, on tomatoes, on pot etc etc. Sometimes this means the rest of the plant gets thicker and fuller. In nature branches are also lost, to wind, to herbivores, general animal damage, eg things brushing/pushing past.
You can use things like Silicon to help make your branches more flexible, but some plants just dont want to be bent, as we try they thicken and resist us. These plants arent good candidates for SCROG, may be better as SOG or left to grow out nomrally.

Thanks for the update. No exposure to COB as I use CDM lamps which have plenty of consistent blue light due to the more efficient square wave ballast and lamp design, over say standard HID for example which is often very spiky. There are loads of good LED peeps here, i am sure someone will chip in.

Rcubed

Rcubed

I am glad everything is growing well for you. We all break branches brother, I do it all the time, on tomatoes, on pot etc etc. Sometimes this means the rest of the plant gets thicker and fuller. In nature branches are also lost, to wind, to herbivores, general animal damage, eg things brushing/pushing past.
You can use things like Silicon to help make your branches more flexible, but some plants just dont want to be bent, as we try they thicken and resist us. These plants arent good candidates for SCROG, may be better as SOG or left to grow out nomrally.

Thanks for the update. No exposure to COB as I use CDM lamps which have plenty of consistent blue light due to the more efficient square wave ballast and lamp design, over say standard HID for example which is often very spiky. There are loads of good LED peeps here, i am sure someone will chip in.
Yeah true. I broke some branches on my GG4 OD and OG Kush OD/ID I was able to salvage two of the breaks but lost one branch on the GG4
IMG 20180617 131738

IMG 20180617 131653

IMG 20180617 131659
IMG 20180617 131814

F

FutureGrower

Nice! I'm using a 315 watt cdm myself but I'm only using one bulb lol. As far as the breakage I'm not terribly worried just a bummer lol.

Thanks for the king words buddy, I came into this strictly to save money and got a new hobby, can't see myself going backwords but I'm sure I'll run into some bumps!

Rcubed

Rcubed

Is the tree sealant safe to use for stuff you're consuming? I always use it when I chop branches off a tree but don't know If it's safe for stuff you're ingesting.
I guess I just assumed it was recommended for grafting fruit trees. Not sure if it could work itself up to the buds or fruit.

F

FutureGrower

I’m really not sure why I said I need blue light, I think I may have been a bit stoned lol. I think the fluffiness of the first run was just terrible growing on my part, but also I wouldn’t be surprised if this one runs a little loose too since I’m vegging and flowering at the same wattage, maybe not but we’ll see.

As far as the LED stuff goes I made up my mind and went with 20 bridgelux eb2 strips that are 44” a piece running at only 700mh for a total wattage jut shy of 550w in a 4x4. For people who follow lumens per watt it’s rated at 171L/w. I’d love to know my PAR with this setup, but I’m not going to shell the money out for a PAR meter, there’s too much other things I can spend the money on :). The good thing is this is a fairly tried and tested product so I’m not too worried about getting screwed like some of the cheap LED stuff out there

But speaking of money, the entire components plus driver and shipping cost me $430.00 and I’m estimating another $100 for my frame and whatever else I come across, but I’ll keep everyone updated on how it goes.

I’m also really excited because these are supposed to run super cool, and people keep them roughly 6” from the plant. If building goes smooth I’m gonna order some far reds down the line.

Since this is a grow thread I suppose I should post pictures of my grow! I’ll take some and post them up later

F

FutureGrower

Order 3 packs of bodhi seeds today. I went with uplift (hells angels og x snow lotus) healing hash plant (respect og x 88g13hp) and a pack of lemon Thai Indy x 88g13hp.

F

FutureGrower

i strung a couple of the branches up one broke from its own weight and one was not too stable. i way mistimed when my auto flowers were supposed to switch so they don't have nearly the suppport they should lol. everything seems to be going a little bit faster this time around. the leafs are still green, and every other day when i go to water the buds have gotten noticebly bigger. a major improvement from my first cycle. I'm not sure if theyll ever get dense, but that could just be the genetics too. we'll wait and see, i have a ton of stuff to look forward to in the coming weeks.

F

FutureGrower

I'm super happy i found some local compost and lava rocks, i wont be spending $200+ on my base soil mixture lol. 100% local all green debris nothing else $28 for a yard, and another $28 for a yard of 3/8th" screened lava rocks!

now i just need to figure out somewhere to store it out without it being an eyesore lol!

does anyone have a "goto" search for local amendments? malt barley should be fairly easy, but i don't even know where i'd find gypsum, kelp. bassalt, crab meal, or biochar in bulk locally.

honestly i think im just slightly "special" when it comes to searching for shit online lol!

F

FutureGrower

I'm also looking into building a 3x3 or 4x4 bed, and considering sub irrigation. wondering if any of you have experiences with this type of bed? it just seems like it's easier than using blumats. You don't have to remember to turn a system off every bubbled tea you give them which for somebody who is as forgetful as me sounds amazing lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom