First Grow 4x4 1000w

• Thread starter fuckibs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fuckibs

First time growing my own medicine. 1 harlequin, 1 cannatonic, 1 xj-13, 1 dutchess, and 1 grape ape(put in 1 week before harvesting, had a hard time getting clones). The other 4 i veged for 1 month before beginning flower.

1 6" hurricane ehausting air via open sealed 'bigfoot' reflector outside, 1 6" hurrican intake through homemade hepa airfilter box ($4 for a new one at any hardware store and lasts long time)
1 1000w mh/hps switchable analog ballast with proper bulbs for veg/bloom
1 4x4 sealed tent
1 desk top oscilating fan

nutrients: fox farm grow big, big bloom, tiger bloom, botainicare cal/mag+, molases, blue agave syrup(already planning on getting a worm bin going and begin to harvest my own seaweed) next grow i will be doing compost tea now that i have an ro and airstone setup

water: was using city water for first 3.5 weeks before my ro system came in (less than $100 online) with 2 air stones in a 5 gallon res

Had a few hiccups but nothing serious, was cal/mag defecient week 2 of veg so i got some cal mag + and it's been smooth sailing since. I use the same amount everytime. next grow i'm going to look into some cal mag that doesn't have nitrogen in it. my fan also fell on my harlequin a week before flowering but was able to bounce back in time and is now, 1 week into flowering beginning to show some bud sites. 4 days ago i noticed some white mold on the bottom the xj's cloth air pot. wiped it all off with dry towel and wiped a 1:1 alcohol/water solution on it before tranfering to a new dish with new drainage stones. Going to water for first time since before the light comes on to try and keep it as dry as possible. was able to catch it within 12 hrs and thankfully i havent seen it return. have the fans circulating 24hrs and a vent open on the tent to keep humidity down

Since i began using my reverse osmosis filtration system to obtain 0 ppm water every time i noticed a signifigant growth and overall health improvement, i have chloramine in my water which won't evaporate and will only increase in ppm as water is evaporated.

will work on pictures tomorrow. happy gardening everyone

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

It may be to much light for your 4 x 4 tent. Keep the temps in line and you may have a winner..
Best of luck too you,, and welcome to the Farm..

Peace

Junk

Junk

It's about 63 watts per ft2. Which is on the higher side but he should be ok. Temps could be an issue if he doesn't keep his plants short.

OP, if you are looking for a proven hydro recipe pm me & I can help you out.

F

fuckibs

Thanks for the replies already, I'm using the light and fans from another grow, all was only used for 1 grow and got a killer deal. As for temperature, your definitely right. I leave both hurricane and desktop oscillating fan on 24hrs. High of 75 with light and low of 58 over night. Mostly having trouble keeping humidity below 40%, looking into some dehumidifiers but broke currently.
Thanks for the hydro recipe offer, I'm feeling pretty strongly about running compost tea in a high drainage soil next grow but if I change my mind I'll take you up on your offer

F

fuckibs

Snapchat 4435627901309492239
IMAG0864
IMAG0850
IMAG0864
IMAG0850
IMAG0828
IMAG0818
IMAG0747 BURST004

lemons

lemons

Lovin how your screen is fillin up, nice use of space.
Good drainage is a must! I just started using perlite and a little coco in my dirt because previously my soil was getting so compacted and seemed to be a limiting factor.

F

fuckibs

I'm starting to think that your right about soil and perlite and other drainage. Next grow I plan on doing straight perlite for the bottom inches to prevent saturated soil from locking in moisture

F

fuckibs

First feeding of bud swell, microchip silica, liquid aminos, molasses, blue agave and high phosphorus bat guano active aerated compost tea today, everything is looking good so far

Snapchat 2262804581485027399

Latest posts

Top Bottom