First Grow 4x4 Hid System.

• Thread starter FrenchOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FrenchOG

FrenchOG

If you wrapped it and secured it in place, the plant will recover. It will form a “knuckle” at the break that will be very strong. Nothing to worry about. Plants look great!
I've only been giving them RO and calmag and my ppm is still sky high. Now with the transplant they'll have even more nutes from the new coco. Im wondering if I shouldve bought nutrients at all lol! I've been mixing tap water as they grow older and I'll fully switch to tap soon, I'm tired of carrying these 5 gal jugs at walmart and it's getting pricey. Thanks for the love everyone and yeah sorry about the nastyass feet lol I'll crop next time

Enforcer

Enforcer

I've only been giving them RO and calmag and my ppm is still sky high. Now with the transplant they'll have even more nutes from the new coco. Im wondering if I shouldve bought nutrients at all lol! I've been mixing tap water as they grow older and I'll fully switch to tap soon, I'm tired of carrying these 5 gal jugs at walmart and it's getting pricey. Thanks for the love everyone and yeah sorry about the nastyass feet lol I'll crop next time
Yeah, you’ll need nutes later in flower. But it will take some time for the plant to use up what’s in the medium.

snoplow20

snoplow20

I am in no way a master at growing in coco. But, are you rinsing your coco before using?

snoplow20

snoplow20

30 dollar humidifier from amazon will fix your problem. 15 percent humidity is lower then i would want even in flower .

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Try a bucket of water with an air line connected to a 2 inch air stone and pump, and add a table spoon of salt, and stir. If it spits water over the bucket, lower the water level.
I just now saw your message while revewing the topic lol!! I ran out of water in my reservoir last night so I grabbed my air pump and 4 air stones and dropped them in a bucket with water. This morning the humidity was 45%! Also, I finished transplanting everyone yesterday and gave a good watering with close to no runoff. I've been watering as need showed but Im gonna have to set a watering frequency now...

I'm gonna stop lst and any other stress for like a week so they can recover then after 2 more weeks hopefully we'll be switching to flower! Oh and I'm officially switching to tap water

20180220 064831
FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Hmmm what could this be?? only one leaf right now. Oh and guys I'm doing something terrible to the one with the broken stem I kept training her and her scar cracked! These plants are robust as fuck I'm gonna play double or nothing. It really needs trained otherwise it's gonna grow too tall and bending wont be easy on this one lol

20180222 160904
FrenchOG

FrenchOG

What are you setting your PH at when you feed?
Usually between 5.8 and 6.2 but I've been having issues with my ph meter. I bought some calibration powders and it seems working better now but I hate to trust it knowing it could ruin all my work. Sometimes I also test with the test kit but it's not accurate and I can never tell if the color is yellow or orange.

I gave each one of them a gallon of 5.8pH tap water this morning. I will do that every 3 days, with runoff every watering.

I was thinking about putting a 5x5 screen of top of them but I'm not sure when to do it. I guess one thing I dont understand is when I see people doing scrog I feel like their plants are 3-4ft tall. My plants are very short but they keep getting bushier and wider everyday, so if the screen gets filled while the plants are short, will my yield be affected in any way?

Including a pic of the girls, free to criticize or comment! Also a pic of the new setup... I spend hours changing things around to give my plants the best environment possible. It's been so much fun!!

20180226 050834
20180225 124601
FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Would it be a good idea to stop any stress, let them grow taller for a couple weeks then bend them and throw a scrog on top of them? Also, any tips on when to switch to flower? Thanks! Much love

Enforcer

Enforcer

Usually between 5.8 and 6.2 but I've been having issues with my ph meter. I bought some calibration powders and it seems working better now but I hate to trust it knowing it could ruin all my work. Sometimes I also test with the test kit but it's not accurate and I can never tell if the color is yellow or orange.

I gave each one of them a gallon of 5.8pH tap water this morning. I will do that every 3 days, with runoff every watering.

I was thinking about putting a 5x5 screen of top of them but I'm not sure when to do it. I guess one thing I dont understand is when I see people doing scrog I feel like their plants are 3-4ft tall. My plants are very short but they keep getting bushier and wider everyday, so if the screen gets filled while the plants are short, will my yield be affected in any way?

Including a pic of the girls, free to criticize or comment! Also a pic of the new setup... I spend hours changing things around to give my plants the best environment possible. It's been so much fun!!

Ph range should be more 6.0-6.5. Remember that CocoLoco has stuff added to buffer the ph. You’ll want to treat it like soil. You will need to recalibrate your meter every month at least. Probably weekly for the cheap ones. My SCRoG net is 1’ off the pot. I did my first run with it 6” off the top of the pot. But it was hard to work under the net with it that low. There is no need to have 2’ or more of stem under the net like I see on some YouTube grows. I feel that’s just wasted veg time. Your plants are just now hitting their stride. I would veg another 2-3 weeks and then flip. Start the SCRoG training in about 1-2 weeks. Any longer and I’m afraid they would outgrow one light. I totally agree with you, the build is fun. My only criticism would be that you are asking a lot out of that exhaust fan. That’s a lot of vent to push air through. I would recommend a booster fan after the reflector. Otherwise awesome grow room man! Soon your head is going to be swimming with grow room improvements. LoL.

chemistry

chemistry

@Enforcer This member has just started filling a scrog, take a look at his grow diary. Your plants are green and mean. I don't do any stress training only topping, but there are others on Farmers that do, that can sort you out on that score.

Enforcer

Enforcer

@Enforcer This member has just started filling a scrog, take a look at his grow diary. Your plants are green and mean. I don't do any stress training only topping, but there are others on Farmers that do, that can sort you out on that score.
Were you trying to link someone?

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Ph range should be more 6.0-6.5. Remember that CocoLoco has stuff added to buffer the ph. You’ll want to treat it like soil. You will need to recalibrate your meter every month at least. Probably weekly for the cheap ones. My SCRoG net is 1’ off the pot. I did my first run with it 6” off the top of the pot. But it was hard to work under the net with it that low. There is no need to have 2’ or more of stem under the net like I see on some YouTube grows. I feel that’s just wasted veg time. Your plants are just now hitting their stride. I would veg another 2-3 weeks and then flip. Start the SCRoG training in about 1-2 weeks. Any longer and I’m afraid they would outgrow one light. I totally agree with you, the build is fun. My only criticism would be that you are asking a lot out of that exhaust fan. That’s a lot of vent to push air through. I would recommend a booster fan after the reflector. Otherwise awesome grow room man! Soon your head is going to be swimming with grow room improvements. LoL.
Thanks brother! The fan actually has been making some odd noises but has been doing good. I have a 2nd fan I could place next to the light, I'm thinking both fans on low or medium should do it.

It's so much fun that I have to tell myself no sometimes because I would spend my days training, watering or doing all this...!

So I just sit back and smoke bowls of this Monster Cookies my friend got me, check it out! Some of the tastiest smoothest grass I ever smoked! Cheers to all the good plugs out there.

My pH coming out of soil has been .2-.3 higher than going in, hence why I keep it on the lower side. I'll keep an eye on it though.

So, between now and scrog time, should I leave the plants grow on their own for healthiest plants or keep training every few days to make sure the whole area is covered?

Thanks for sharing the knowledge guys.

20180221 150608
Enforcer

Enforcer

Thanks brother! The fan actually has been making some odd noises but has been doing good. I have a 2nd fan I could place next to the light, I'm thinking both fans on low or medium should do it.

It's so much fun that I have to tell myself no sometimes because I would spend my days training, watering or doing all this...!

So I just sit back and smoke bowls of this Monster Cookies my friend got me, check it out! Some of the tastiest smoothest grass I ever smoked! Cheers to all the good plugs out there.

My pH coming out of soil has been .2-.3 higher than going in, hence why I keep it on the lower side. I'll keep an eye on it though.

So, between now and scrog time, should I leave the plants grow on their own for healthiest plants or keep training every few days to make sure the whole area is covered?

Thanks for sharing the knowledge guys.

Nice nug! Yes, just let them grow for a week. Plants started from seed will take a little longer to get up to size.

Top Bottom