First Grow 4x4 Hid System.

• Thread starter FrenchOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Done! What kind of material do you all use for the scrog's net? I bought some mason line but I dont think I like it.

20180226 170839
FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Idk how to feel about my fans... like if my second fan cant push enough air and pressure builds up between fans? I like my hood I dont want it to blow up lol

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Holy shit I've been moving my res and air pump around for a while but tonight I chose an official spot! I cut 8ft total off my 4 air lines. It's so much more efficient now!

Enforcer

Enforcer

Looks good. You may need to play with the speed of the second fan to find the happy spot. But the entire system should flow better now.

chemistry

chemistry

Idk how to feel about my fans... like if my second fan cant push enough air and pressure builds up between fans? I like my hood I dont want it to blow up lol

If the first fan is pushing in the same direction as the second, the second fan near your outlet should work better than the first fan, as it has done half of the work for it, so all should be well.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Done! What kind of material do you all use for the scrog's net? I bought some mason line but I dont think I like it.
I made my net out of PVC, eye screws, and this stuff from Home Depot.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...ted-Polypropylene-Mason-Twine-72777/206094296

Not sure if it’s the same stuff you got, but it is mason line. I got it because it’s rot proof, resists oil, gasoline and most chemicals. Plus, you get a whole bunch of it for like $3. So it’s cheap enough that when I harvest, I just cut the twine. Then a quick restring through the eye screws and I’m back in business.

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Zinc deficiency??? Ph too low??? New growth looks yellow and ill. Seems to me growth rate has slowed down, too.

I recalibrated my pH meter but this shit keeps happening : I'll adjust the pH to 6.3, come back hours later and it says 7.0... my water is getting oxygen, its uncovered most of the time...

20180227 200802
20180227 200751
Enforcer

Enforcer

Zinc deficiency??? Ph too low??? New growth looks yellow and ill. Seems to me growth rate has slowed down, too.

I recalibrated my pH meter but this shit keeps happening : I'll adjust the pH to 6.3, come back hours later and it says 7.0... my water is getting oxygen, its uncovered most of the time...

Looks like your light is too close. What is the distance to the canopy?

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Looks like your light is too close. What is the distance to the canopy?
22 inches from top of canopy. My low and high temps are 67-83 which I think is optimal even though the room always seems cold, I know ths lights keep the plants warmer. My ballast has been dialed on 1000w for a while, never got it closer than 18in from canopy.

Enforcer

Enforcer

22 inches from top of canopy. My low and high temps are 67-83 which I think is optimal even though the room always seems cold, I know ths lights keep the plants warmer. My ballast has been dialed on 1000w for a while, never got it closer than 18in from canopy.
Well, 22” for a 1000w should be fine. Hmmm, the bubbling will raise ph a little bit. But I don’t think it would be that much.

IDK man, the slower and miniaturized growth leads me to think the light is the issue. Does the back of your hand get warm at canopy level?

New growth will be slightly yellow as it pushes out.

Last edited:
FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Well, 22” for a 1000w should be fine. Hmmm, the bubbling will raise ph a little bit. But I don’t think it would be that much.

IDK man, the slower and miniaturized growth leads me to think the light is the issue. Does the back of your hand get warm at canopy level?

New growth will be slightly yellow as it pushes out.
I'll take the light up to 24-26 inches away tonight, we'll see what happens. I hope it's not a root problem! I transplanted early both times, that wasn't the greatest idea..

Enforcer

Enforcer

I'll take the light up to 24-26 inches away tonight, we'll see what happens. I hope it's not a root problem! I transplanted early both times, that wasn't the greatest idea..
Yeah, new bulbs put out more light than you would expect. Up a few inches is perfect as you don’t want them to start getting stretchy. But if they respond well within the next 2 days you’ll know that’s what it is.

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Yeah, new bulbs put out more light than you would expect. Up a few inches is perfect as you don’t want them to start getting stretchy. But if they respond well within the next 2 days you’ll know that’s what it is.
Yeah, my plants are bushy af so even a little stretch wont hurt them lol, rather that than light burn!

Hey thank you all, especially @Enforcer for your input, it's really cool of you guys to help me out!

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

It really was the light burning them, I moved the fixture to 30in away and they're just doing so much better now!

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

I think today is the day we drop the scrog on the suckers! They've grown stronger and healthier than never before. Id like to think the smaller the scrog the smaller the trip for nutrients from root to leaf.

20180303 082240
Top Bottom