• Start date
  • Tagged users None
FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Featuring the beast tripod
20180316 234423

E

escalente

You are really fathering these gracious plants real good like a pro. Would have asked if you had a doctorate in growing such plants.

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

You are really fathering these gracious plants real good like a pro. Would have asked if you had a doctorate in growing such plants.
Lol thanks man! I’m no genius, I just do things with love.

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

After almost 2 weeks of 12/12 they’re still not making buds yet, just some white hairs here and there. Is that normal? Should I let them grow without worrying about the net now?

Edit : these pics actually look like it’s budding but these “yellow hair” you see look like fan leaves? Lol I’m feeling the lack of experience now

3A0BEB53 9B49 4231 9C57 E4B1A65BC12F
9B746DF3 8B3B 4A22 8A12 288BC74552D8
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

After almost 2 weeks of 12/12 they’re still not making buds yet, just some white hairs here and there. Is that normal? Should I let them grow without worrying about the net now?

Edit : these pics actually look like it’s budding but these “yellow hair” you see look like fan leaves? Lol I’m feeling the lack of experience now
Patience young Padawan. You're doing fine. First 2-3 weeks is transition and stretch. Ensure that your dark period is absolutely dark and you shouldn't have any problems. They will get fuzzy and hairy before truly bulking up into "buds".

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Patience young Padawan. You're doing fine. First 2-3 weeks is transition and stretch. Ensure that your dark period is absolutely dark and you shouldn't have any problems. They will get fuzzy and hairy before truly bulking up into "buds".
Thanks man I have been tying a lot of branches down just wanna sure I’m not slowing the flowering process that way!
I switched my bulb to hps couple days ago^^

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

You will want to thin out some fan leaves from the canopy to allow further light penetration too. Check out @Enforcer diary. He documented well.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Thanks man I have been tying a lot of branches down just wanna sure I’m not slowing the flowering process that way!
I switched my bulb to hps couple days ago^^
I think with the introduction of the hps you will notice a difference too.

Enforcer

Enforcer

They will stretch a little with the HPS. But most of the stretch is done. You can let them grow through the net now, no more tucking. Keep buds from touching if possible, and pull any fan leaves shading buds. My buds took about 2-3 weeks to start to show too. Don’t worry about it. You will be surprised how fat they get the last two week of flower. One of the reasons not to pull them too early. It may start to get crowded under that net due to plant count, but you can cross that bridge when you get there. For now just keep them watered/fed and the environment in check.

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

You will want to thin out some fan leaves from the canopy to allow further light penetration too. Check out @Enforcer diary. He documented well.

I like to follow successful growers’ path but I also like to experiment and see what works for me. There is so many factors that vary, especially in grow room rather than tent. But I get the big idea from good guys like enforcer and others and try to enhance it for my run, my way. But I’m glad I have him and his journal. Helped me many times!

They will stretch a little with the HPS. But most of the stretch is done. You can let them grow through the net now, no more tucking. Keep buds from touching if possible, and pull any fan leaves shading buds. My buds took about 2-3 weeks to start to show too. Don’t worry about it. You will be surprised how fat they get the last two week of flower. One of the reasons not to pull them too early. It may start to get crowded under that net due to plant count, but you can cross that bridge when you get there. For now just keep them watered/fed and the environment in check.

I try to keep up with the fan leaves almost everyday but I do that only for the top shots. I rather have minor popcorn down low and big buds on top than small average buds. I don’t know if that makes sense, I’ll take a pic.
My screen is filled at 75% I would say it’s a good enough success for me my friend, I’m very proud!

I started nutes at 400ppm and the plants loved it so I increased it to 700ppm and they’re still taking it with 1550 ppm. Runoff at 6.8pH, usually 6.3-6.8 going in.

I might have to go out of country right when they should be ready for may 12th weekend. It’s gonna suck if I miss the perfect harvest time but if I have to chop early I will.

As always love to all.
FrenchOG

Enforcer

Enforcer

Scrog pic with fluorescents on
Thanks for the shout out bro. Just tryin to help others like I was helped. Nothing wrong with a little popcorn. They’re great for making hash.

Your plants look awesome, you got this! I see flower sets building, by next week you’ll have baby buds all over.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I like to follow successful growers’ path but I also like to experiment and see what works for me. There is so many factors that vary, especially in grow room rather than tent. But I get the big idea from good guys like enforcer and others and try to enhance it for my run, my way. But I’m glad I have him and his journal. Helped me many times!

I try to keep up with the fan leaves almost everyday but I do that only for the top shots. I rather have minor popcorn down low and big buds on top than small average buds. I don’t know if that makes sense, I’ll take a pic.
My screen is filled at 75% I would say it’s a good enough success for me my friend, I’m very proud!

I started nutes at 400ppm and the plants loved it so I increased it to 700ppm and they’re still taking it with 1550 ppm. Runoff at 6.8pH, usually 6.3-6.8 going in.

I might have to go out of country right when they should be ready for may 12th weekend. It’s gonna suck if I miss the perfect harvest time but if I have to chop early I will.

As always love to all.
FrenchOG

You’re doing great, you should be proud. My first grow didn’t look anything like yours. You’re crushing this!

Don’t worry about the harvest if you’re off a few days. The harvest “window” is normally about 2 weeks. Near the beginning for a more head buzz. Near the end for more body high. 2-3 days off of your chosen harvest day shouldn’t make that big of a difference.

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

You’re doing great, you should be proud. My first grow didn’t look anything like yours. You’re crushing this!

Don’t worry about the harvest if you’re off a few days. The harvest “window” is normally about 2 weeks. Near the beginning for a more head buzz. Near the end for more body high. 2-3 days off of your chosen harvest day shouldn’t make that big of a difference.
128FF0B5 E43B 4732 B3CA 5077523E5AA4

I Had no idea the harvest window would be that big. Id for sure rather a later harvest but we’ll see, I should only be gone for 5 or 6 days.

My humidity has only been between 25 and 40% still so I’m gonna buy a TaoTronics humidifier somewhat soon. For next grow at the latest. Which I think I’m gonna switch everything up and do DWC and mainline instead of scrog. I hate not being able to move my plants around!

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Running out of Cannazym... the liter bottle is 50$!! That sucks! Anything cheaper I could replace it with? I’ll be low on bloom boost soon too I’m sure.

Got a decent humidifier on order; rh has been on the lower side of 30%.

Fed 700ppm at lights on today at 6.5pH. I’m still watering every 3 days but it looks like I’ll be doing every other day soon. Water temp is 68 degres, 63-78 degres for canopy.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Running out of Cannazym... the liter bottle is 50$!! That sucks! Anything cheaper I could replace it with? I’ll be low on bloom boost soon too I’m sure.

Got a decent humidifier on order; rh has been on the lower side of 30%.

Fed 700ppm at lights on today at 6.5pH. I’m still watering every 3 days but it looks like I’ll be doing every other day soon. Water temp is 68 degres, 63-78 degres for canopy.
Haha, now you’re talking like a farmer! Doing great man. I use SLF-100 for my enzymes. It’s not super cheap, but it’s not $50 a liter either.

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Mini buds are here! It’s fucking CROWDED in there my man I already cut a ton of leaves yesterday but I’m gonna have to go back at it because leaves are touching and the lower fan leaves are all gonna disappear. (is that lollipoping?)
9174A9D9 7DE5 4947 9E0B 3B3D93B522D5

Top Bottom