First Grow And Scrog, How's It Looking?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

I know it hasn't been that long but they already look better to me. The first pic is 24hrs ago while the second was just a moment ago.

I literally can't believe the difference! Thanks for the nutrient tip because that's all I did.

20170922 131345
20170925 131903
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I know it hasn't been that long but they already look better to me. The first pic is 24hrs ago while the second was just a moment ago.

I literally can't believe the difference! Thanks for the nutrient tip because that's all I did.
How does your system get topped off?

S

Shawnery

How does your system get topped off?

There's a 5 gallon reserve that I add pre ph'd water to. The reserve is basically right under the camera in the pic. I usually just add 2.5 gallons of distilled water straight from the Arrowhead bottle after I ph it and nutrient it as well.

My plan is to get another 5 gallon bucket to be kept raised above the res then I can just gravity feed the new water or nutrient solution to the res.

So what do you think about the difference in quality over a 24hr period?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

There's a 5 gallon reserve that I add pre ph'd water to. The reserve is basically right under the camera in the pic. I usually just add 2.5 gallons of distilled water straight from the Arrowhead bottle after I ph it and nutrient it as well.

My plan is to get another 5 gallon bucket to be kept raised above the res then I can just gravity feed the new water or nutrient solution to the res.

So what do you think about the difference in quality over a 24hr period?
They look better!
Just keep at that ppm.
5.8ph
Dont fret a whole bunch on ph as long as it stays between 5.6 to 6.1

S

Shawnery

PH is a strange beast on my setup for some reason. In the beginning it would raise a point or more in less than 24hrs. I came to the conclusion that my hydroton didn't soak or get rinsed enough.

After a month it leveled off and was good for a couple weeks almost. Then it started to raise every now and then again but no where near as bad. Can't seem to figure out what's doing it but maybe the hydroguard or nutrient?

S

Shawnery

Little update.

What a difference doubling your lumins, lowering your lights and lowering your ppm has on the growth of your plants.

When I first started growing I had 2 x 300w amazon cheapies and a platinum p300. I quickly switched to 2 x 400w cree's but the difference was small but noticeable. Then I added 2 more 400w cree's, lowered them and dropped my ppm level and they're growing nodes like crazy.

They're almost growing nodes to fast if that is possible. When I first started the nodes were about 2 inches or further apart and now they're less then half an inch. They're so busy growing roots, roots are also gangbusters now and they weren't before, and new growth there's no distance.

That should theatrically create many more colas right but can they be to tight? Could this tightness of nodes be a defiency or over fert?

It's just so different and in only 2 days to make such a difference but the lights have been on for a week.

S

Shawnery

Pic update,

First photo is 1st day being told ppm was to high. Second photo is 24hrs later. Third photo is 48hrs after that. Thank you guys so much! I can't imagine what a difference it will make in my yield?

By the way, anyone have a more Cannabis friendly General Hydroponics Flora Series feeding chart. For now I'm doing half dose compared to full dose and they're doing very well.

20170922 131345
20170925 131904
20170927 160610
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Pic update,

First photo is 1st day being told ppm was to high. Second photo is 24hrs later. Third photo is 48hrs after that. Thank you guys so much! I can't imagine what a difference it will make in my yield?

By the way, anyone have a more Cannabis friendly General Hydroponics Flora Series feeding chart. For now I'm doing half dose compared to full dose and they're doing very well.
I'm doing about a 70% strength mix off the chart on the bottles, and the girls are very happy.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

The mix I use gives me about 990ppm, but my water is 210. So I think I'm adding about 780ppm

S

Shawnery

I got good news and sad news.

Good news is I finally got my setup fully running as RDWC instead of drip.

Bad news is one of my golden tickets broke a stem when weaving. I was pushing it back under like all the other 30 I've done so far and it just gave so easy. It's the plant with the biggest roots but saddest top.

It ripped in half right where it meets the main cola stem. So I'm trying to save it instead of just letting go. I tied a fat soft string around both stems where they form a V and about half an inch up.

Anyone have any experience and if it recovers how long till I know for sure?

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Bad news is one of my golden tickets broke a stem when weaving. I was pushing it back under like all the other 30 I've done so far and it just gave so easy. It's the plant with the biggest roots but saddest top.

It ripped in half right where it meets the main cola stem. So I'm trying to save it instead of just letting go. I tied a fat soft string around both stems where they form a V and about half an inch up.

Tape it together, and you might be pleasntly surprised. My outdoor girls split branches all the time, and the branches after the split are surprisingly resilient

S

Shawnery

I had high hopes considering all the positive experiences with stem and branch breaks I've read about online but this is amazing.

I rip a branch literally half way down the main stem and instead of dying and stalling it's growing just as well as it was prior to "branch gate".

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

1200 ppm with General Hydroponics Base nutes. I've been reading a lot lately about people running half strength on GH. My ppm numbers are from full strength application so it's possible I could be over feeding.

I was thinking about going down to about 800ppm even before you brought up my ends.

As for lighting, till yesterday I was running 2 400w cree cob 3070's, now I'm running 4 400w cree cob 3070's. I'm expecting much better growth with the doubling of watts. This is for a 5x5x6 tent with a 5x4 scrog.

Thanks for the replies!
That's insanely high, I run them at 350 ppm max in veg, 450 max in bloom. I mean your light source means more uptake but even at that I'd be aiming around 700 or so with your light source. Go figure I write my opinion and scroll up before posting and see you have dropped to 700. Give it a week, you'll see more lime green and way healthier noticeability

S

Shawnery

48hrs after submerging my girls roots in nutrient solution and the difference is surprising. Each of my smaller root mass plants just about doubled their root mass. Not only are there more roots but the individual roots are twice as long.

Sweet!

It's funny how much you, I, have to make out of every tiny positive change in my plants just to try to up the excitement of this slow process.

Junk

Junk

I don't know how much light you are under, but 1200 (as people have stated) is very high for plants that size. I would be about half that right now. Peak at 1200, if even that high. I would want the plants to be about twice the size you have before flipping. Keep tying them down, spacing them and filling the scrog.
I'm running 800 PPM or 1.4something EC

PPM or EC?

Please, pretty please, with a nugget on top!!!

Your nutes are .5 scale, so 1.4 ec = 700 ppm. 800 ppm would be 1.6 ec etc. The two most common scales are .5 and .7.

1 ec on the .5 scale is 500 ppm. 1 ec on the .7 is 700 ppm.

48hrs after submerging my girls roots in nutrient solution and the difference is surprising. Each of my smaller root mass plants just about doubled their root mass. Not only are there more roots but the individual roots are twice as long.

Sweet!

I think we already had this conversation, but a top feed that really soaks everything every 4 hours will trump the feed system you are using. Your solution is not only too hot, but your plants aren't eating well. See @EventHorizan 's pics...that's what yours should look like.

I measured my buckets and the water level is 7" below the top of the buckets.

I think I gave you my recipe in another thread. This is a RDWC scrog with that recipe. Remember I use c02, so my mix is much hotter than you can run. But a rough idea is if you are 600 watts, 600 ppm.

Do you see how your plants are much more sparse looking? Something is off. I think it's the heat of the feed and not having roots. In 10 days or so once roots fill in, they should take off.

Imo you should try a top feed system. Something that turns the solution over every 4 hours. It will cut your veg time down significantly.

20160109 083342

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

PH is a strange beast on my setup for some reason. In the beginning it would raise a point or more in less than 24hrs. I came to the conclusion that my hydroton didn't soak or get rinsed enough.

After a month it leveled off and was good for a couple weeks almost. Then it started to raise every now and then again but no where near as bad. Can't seem to figure out what's doing it but maybe the hydroguard or nutrient?
U go a month without changing the res?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Put some cloning gel on it and tape it..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I don't know how much light you are under, but 1200 (as people have stated) is very high for plants that size. I would be about half that right now. Peak at 1200, if even that high. I would want the plants to be about twice the size you have before flipping. Keep tying them down, spacing them and filling the scrog.

Your nutes are .5 scale, so 1.4 ec = 700 ppm. 800 ppm would be 1.6 ec etc. The two most common scales are .5 and .7.

1 ec on the .5 scale is 500 ppm. 1 ec on the .7 is 700 ppm.

I think we already had this conversation, but a top feed that really soaks everything every 4 hours will trump the feed system you are using. Your solution is not only too hot, but your plants aren't eating well. See @EventHorizan 's pics...that's what yours should look like.

I measured my buckets and the water level is 7" below the top of the buckets.

I think I gave you my recipe in another thread. This is a RDWC scrog with that recipe. Remember I use c02, so my mix is much hotter than you can run. But a rough idea is if you are 600 watts, 600 ppm.

Do you see how your plants are much more sparse looking? Something is off. I think it's the heat of the feed and not having roots. In 10 days or so once roots fill in, they should take off.

Imo you should try a top feed system. Something that turns the solution over every 4 hours. It will cut your veg time down significantly.

View attachment 745689
Well thank you..
I went back in this thread to see my pics you were talking about but i didnt post any..
Guess you mean on mt thread..

Well guess i have to change that lol

5 days in reveg to grab a clone from the keeper i decide on..
The tops are all drying..
Another 10 days i can do smoke report and pick the keeper.
By then we should be back in veg to take a couple clones..

20170929 183017
20170929 183114
Top Bottom